Well I wanted to share some adorable photos of our 4th of July Weekend and YES it is that time again this month to explore... "What annoys the pi** out of me lately"... LOL
First off Wes turned the BIG ONE on Saturday, July 2nd. We relaxed at home and took a birthday stroll. It was so freaking HOT outside. I made BLT's for dinner and some Birthday Brownies for Wes - he loved it:) His big bash is this Saturday. Here are few pics from his ACTUAL b-day.
So Sunday, July 3rd was the annual Gokin Pool Party and it started at 2:30 p.m. - as soon as we walked up the driveway to their house and entered the pool area with our floaties, rafts, Wes's sunshade crab, 2 swimming bags, extra towels, and two kids undertow - the rain started. Elle kicked off her shoes and was about to jump in when a big bolt of lightning hit. Ugh... So we grabbed all of our STUFF and headed for the garage. So the rain NEVER let up the WHOLE day. Elle had fun running around in her swimsuit doing rain dances and Wes, well he was B.O.R.E.D. - he was drenched and cold and ready to G.O. around 6:00 p.m. I left the party (with NO dinner) and headed home with Mr. Wes - fed him and off to dream land he went.
Elle and Eric didn't arrive until after 8:30 p.m. and they brought me a plate - so nice of them. After I ate my plate, we all went outside in our circle and Eric and Elle shot off fireworks. Elle enjoyed her smoke bombs, sparklers, tanks, hens that lay eggs, roman candles, and a few loud booming things. They had a BLAST. Needless to say I have NO pics from Sunday.
Monday, July 4th was fun - we were invited to my MOM's for Sloppy Joes and Hot Dogs. She made a fresh Peach Pie and this "TO DIE FOR" Trefoil with strawberries, angel food cake, and other yummy ingredients. YUMSTER... The kids swam in the pool and we hung out and chatted and nibbled ALL day. It was BEAUTIFUL out and we had SOOOOOOOO much fun:) Here are a few pics from the ACTUAL 4th of July.
Okay to wrap this up... Yes it is that time again where I am super annoyed and here are some THINGS that just make me want to flick someone or SCREAM. Top 10 this month are:
1. SUPER TIGHT PANTS where you can see every crevice of some one's bum including their underwear. PUKE!!!
2. Bra straps hanging out of girls tanks/tops when you are out to dinner or out at a nice place (home or around family is fine and dandy) - not sure why but it just doesn't seem very classy to me. I mean I am loving the sheer tops with the bras underneath but when you have a tank on - I don't feel the straps should be peeping out - invest in a strapless you won't be disappointed.
3. Socks with sandals - yes some people in the Midwest still think this is OKAY.. it is NOT!!!!!!
4. Passengers hanging their nastified (yes that is a word LOL) feet out the car window while driving - R U KIDDING ME - What are you THINKING?
5. BIG honking trucks with those massive wheels - besides for a work related vehicle is that big thing REALLY necessary - plus your honking truck takes up two lanes and that bump sticker that has that little boy who is peeing on the competitor brand is just plain - ANNOYING!!!
6. People in the check out line - who tell you to "hold their spot" while they go and shop for another 10 minutes - sorry you move you LOSE!!!!!
7. Why is it that everyone comments on Wes's blond hair - HELLO PEOPLE how many times do I have to tell you that I had STARK WHITE HAIR as a child - ummmm.... yes he is 50% mine too.
8. Guilt - in all of it's ugly forms.
9. Those boots with massive fringe - like Miley Cyrus and Snookie wear - sorry don't care for them at ALL.
10. Belly shirts on women or MEN!!!!!!!!!! LOL... sorry I know they are coming back in the fashion world but I still find them TACKY.
Okay I am rounding out my post - with a good heartfelt SORRY - if any of these things offend you. But in the words of OUTKAST - I..I...am just being HONEST.