Melanie's quotes for the day:
- I don't like secrets - secrets, secrets, are no fun - secrets, secrets ALWAYS hurt someone.
- Don't judge someone until you have walked in their shoes - all that shows is ignorance.
- Communication is the "key" to any relationship - and not from an email or txt - pick up the phone or face to face is even better. What has technology done to our verbal communication skills?
- When in doubt - ask? Don't assume...
- Trying to push your views, opinions, morals from your era on another one - won't do. Times change and so does everything with it. So the best way to deal with "time" is by embracing the changes - or if you can't embrace them - at least "try" to understand them.
- Don't hold grudges - when you are gone...what have you truly proved?
- Forgive those in past - it really helps you to be fully open to the future.
- Dancing can take ANY bad/sad thought out of my mind and singing in the car is a MUST!
- Pick your battles wisely.. I have REALLY learned from this one - if anyone knows me well, you know this is HARD for me, but through the years I have gotten better. (Shhh.. Don't ask Eric this one - he might think otherwise - LOL)
- Love our youth (teenagers) - even when it is hard - they are OUR children's future.
- Sometimes keeping your opinions to yourself is better than boasting them so non-eloquently. There is a time and place for everything.
- At the end of the day - hug the one's you are with and love - life ISN'T always greener on the other side. Sometimes wanting for different/more/better doesn't = what is going to make you the happiest....
Today's "a picture can say a thousand words":