Friday, August 31, 2012

The 9 mile struggle

Alright peeps - my alarm went off at 4:30 a.m. and usually that doesn't bother me because I throw on my clothes and head downstairs to the treadmill, but driving to a location to run  - NOT my idea of a fun SUPER EARLY morning activity. Anyways I threw on my running attire, washed my face, brushed my teeth, shoved an apple down my throat, and tried to drink as much water as possible before I felt like I could puke. I mean come on - who eats and drinks before 5:00 a.m. Just plain ick.... Oh - note to self - brushing your teeth + eating apple = terrible yuck mouth.

So got in the car and the morning drove down HWY 270 N to Hwy 55 S and off to Grant's Trail.

 The morning drive looked a little like this - pitch freakin black
So let me recap the run for you. Parked and headed out to the trail - I tried to take a pic, but for real it was so dark out that a pic wouldn't even come out. So I turned on my flashlight app (I knew that would come in handy one day) and good ole trooper Laura and I started our run. We got about to mile 3 and I had to pee (dam* water). I NEVER stop because it is just so hard to get back going - but I ran to a nice Johnny and headed back out on the trail. Around mile 4 the rain started - it was light and misty but definitely rain. So we freaked out about our hair IPhone's and kept on trucking - reached mile 4.5 and turned around for the last 4.5 stretch. I was doing well but then it started raining harder and the air was so thick - thanks Isaac you bitc* - and thanks to my wonderful allergies - STUPID!!!
Laura and I hadn't turned on our music - we were talking the whole time. You know about how romantic our husbands are, how smart our kids are, how AWESOME we are. Kid Kid Kid - our husbands are ridiculous, our kids make us want to rip our hair out - but us being awesome, well that is the total TRUTH. So around mile 7 we couldn't hack the talking anymore and turned on some tunes - well that is where I started to struggle. I am not sure if it was the starting/stopping, the rain pelting my face, me freaking out about my hair IPhone, lack of oxygen from Isaac, the water/apple sloshing around in my belly, or just plain sheer exhaustion but I was definitely S.T.R.U.G.G.L.I.N.G. I told my self to SUCK IT UP and I made it the whole 9 miles. Laura took off like a bat out of hell - YOU GO GIRL!!! She did so well. I made it slowly but surely. YAY to us and now I look forward to hell 10 miles next weekend. No for real I love running and I can't wait to rock the MO Cowbell on October 7th.

Just for a little visual - here was my ride home - Rain. Rain. Rain. Fun stuff.
So I got home and decided to reward myself - I was starved and the kids wanted breakfast so I made some nice healthy hard boiled egg whites, wheat toast, and BACON! Okay - Okay - Okay you will get to know that I like to EAT and my will power SUCKS - so bring on the BACON!

MEAT - yes I am a fan - a big HUGE fan (look at that lovely grease) Mmmm Mmmm Goodness

1 comment:

  1. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.
    I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later on.
    I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have
    a nice morning!

    Also visit my blog; payday loan online
    my page: payday loans lenders only