Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday Ramblings

Basically we all woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Not sure what happened but we did.

ONE - I tried getting Elle's clothes together last night. We had them sitting on her dresser and this morning should of been EASY PEASY. Well it wasn't. She woke up - started crying about how now she "changed her mind". She then proceeded to cry "I don't have anything to wear", etc... So basically my morning consisted of me pulling her clothes on for her, putting her shoes on, brushing her teeth, etc... because she was in melt down mode and did nothing but cry and flail her arms and legs. Ugh... She is FIVE right? So she DID wear the clothes she picked out last night and I drug her bum to daycare still upset. What REALLY gets me - when we were in the car she looked at me and said "If I can change my shirt at school your life would be easier, I will give you hugs and kisses, and be a good girl for the rest of the week". WHAT DID YOU SAY??????? My life will be easier because I give into you - ha.ha.ha. I THINK NOT little girl. Yes life would be easier if I did - but I will NOT back down. If you haven't noticed I am a bia stubborn. So yes my morning was swell. Now I sit here thinking of her face all sad and I feel bad... FOR A SECOND.

TWO - Eric did not make my coffee strong enough this morning. I needed the kind that puts hair on your chest today. COME ON DUDE. I also called to tell him HE will be taking the kids to daycare tomorrow. I need one morning away from the Elle drama that ensues each day. I NEED A BREAK - just one little day. I want to get up - work out - shower - actually put on make-up - make a cup of coffee - and LEAVE. Just me and the morning... ALONE. I hope he comes through - if not - LORD help my ranting tomorrow and my Margarita Madness on Thursday night.. hint.hint.hint Laura:)

THREE - I am trying out this NO CARB thing for dinner. It is going okay. I made it through one night - HA! So tonight I am thinking of trying something different and just having a protein shake and some veggies. Appealing right - NOT!! I want PASTA! Why.oh.why. do I love food so... It cleanses my soul and swells my legs/arms/belly.

FOUR - I got my 5 miles in last night and I kind of feel like running again tonight. Stress = run or alcohol or FOOD for me:) I try to choose RUN - doesn't always work out that way. I have a nice bottle of Pinot Noir staring at me from my baker's rack at home, and my co-worker has a mound of Snickers & Hershey bars on her desk today. GAH!!!!!!!! Will power right?

Looks like heaven to me.
Another slice of heaven

What I should choose.

FIVE - Sorry for ranting the randoms today. I am tired and drained and I need one of the three above!

Anyone doing NO CARB for dinner or trying something new this week with their eating routine?

Bring on Wednesday - it has to get better than today

14 comments:

  1. OMG, I am so happy this stuff happens to other people!!! Somedays I feel like I am the only one with a crazy life. And I stay home with our youngest, should make life easier but in fact it does NOT! Love your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how misery loves company. LOL Thanks girl.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for standing your ground!! Try Spagehtti Squash as a "carb" substitute, it's done a great job of helping me replace noodles at night.

    Sometimes the best thing you can do, is open a bottle of wine, allow it to breath, then give it mouth to mouth :) Hope your day turns around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just might. I have going to pick some up this weekend. I really do like spaghetti squash so I am going to try this. Thx

      Delete
  3. Good for you for recruiting your husband to take a day of battle...she'll probably won't do it to him though...how about run, then carbs & wine? That would be my compromise;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that combo.. HA.. Oh I can't wait to see if she does.

      Delete
  4. Wow, rough day... Talk about Diva!!! Elle sounds like a diva. I'd hate to see what she is going to be like at 13... :-S This too shall pass though girl. Too bad we're not in the same city, because I would totally hit margaritas with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I hope it passes and ASAP. For real I don't think I can live here when she is 13 - LOL. I would love to Margarita madness with you - it would be a blast:)

      Delete
  5. Oh well hell! Disregard my comment on yesterdays post. I think Elle is quite the diva there. LOL! Are you sure this a good time to cut out the carbs? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true.. I caved last night and ate a half of a bagel with turkey. Ugh.. oh well made it through one day.

      Delete
  6. Sorry it didn't work with Elle :( The only time I did no carbs I was a total pain in the ***. I probably need to try and cut back though and I love the idea of no carb dinners. Post some of your recipes I'd love to see what you are eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get some recipes out there for you guys. I like the dinner no carbs - all day no carbs = bitty Mel.

      Delete
  7. First love the new blog layout! Secondly, carbs carbs carbs. Sometimes you just have to have them. Why they taste so good and comfort us yet cause us such harm is beyond me. I avoid them like the plague at least carbs of the bread and pasta persuasion. I do think I feel better off of them, but it does not stop me from craving them! I have noticed the more time I go without them, the easier it is to abstain. You should try spaghetti squash as a pasta substitute. I have seen some amazing recipes on pinterest for casseroles and such using ss instead of pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the more I can just "get rid" of them the better off I would be. Speghetti Squash is on my grocery list for this weekend. Thanks I am loving the new blog layout too. YAY for "growing up" in the blog world - ha:)

      Delete