Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Roundup

Well I have been M.I.A. a couple of days - not for anything good let me tell you.

Thursday E left to go out of town and I had Elle's dentist appt at 2:00 p.m., then dance from 6:15 - 7:30 p.m. - all went splendidly. Elle usually gets to sleep in my bed when E is out of town - she is cool like that:) All was going great until midnight, when I hear "Mommy - Mommy - Mommy" coming from Wes's room. I walk in and then hear "I puke". Oh it was lovely from one end of the crib to the other, in his hair, on his clothes, on the wall, etc... FAH.HAB.ULOUS! So I let him know all will be okay and throw him into the bath. He proceeds to get sick on 7 towels in my bed throughout the night - remember Elle is in here too - so we ALL are up until around 4 a.m. - YAY us. He gets to sleep around 5 a.m. Needless to say - we didn't make it to daycare on Friday nor did I make it to work.

Friday went well - he only got sick once in the morning and then was back to his usual self- dang 24 hr bug. We all make it through - tired as hell - but we make it. E gets home Friday evening and I finally drag my a** in the shower. So wonderful. Then the storms hit around 8:00 a.m. and the thunder/lightening was pretty tremendous - so there they ALL are BACK in my bed - now with E's big body too. AGH!!!!!!!!!!! So I basically slept for a few hours on Friday FINALLY.

 Sleepy kids in mama's bed.

Saturday I woke up and decided it was time to get my run on. I had been couped up in the house with 2 days of sedentary ridiculousness. I was only going to do about 5 miles that day and do my big 10 miler on Sunday - BUT the weather was kick a** and it was just one of those days when you can run and run and run. So made it 10.22 miles in 1hr 47minutes. The majority of my runs I do at Cliff Cave Park - I like it there, right on the Mississippi River - it makes for a nice run. Well thank GOD I did my 10 miler - because Saturday night E and I were going out to watch the Mizzou vs. Georgia game at Oakville Sports Pub. My mom came over and we headed up there around 5:45 pm - well we get "THE" phone call at 7:30 p.m. - Elle is vomiting now. RIGHTEOUS!!!! So we left and came home and took care of her all night. So ANOTHER night of NO sleep.

Sunday well here I sit at 10:15 on Sunday - both kids are PERFECT again and I am listening to Eric do his "ole school" workout from the basement. UGH!!! I am exhausted and my stomach is not feeling the greatest. I NEED SLEEP spa day/vacation/a break.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as mine - NOT!
  
Oh remember when I told you about the faucet I bought - here it is - all installed in all its glory - STELLAR.
 


2 comments:

  1. I love your faucet! And I hope you and Eric don't get the bug. Good for you for still getting a run in, let alone a 10 miler! Super Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holly mama - I am down for the count. I think the bug was just waiting for Sunday afternoon. Agh!!! Thanks for the compliments on the faucet - we love it.

    ReplyDelete