Thursday, October 18, 2012

All Up On E

It's Thursday people and the Cards won game 3 of the NLCS - woot woot:) Thank you AGAIN to everyone who linked up on Tuesday for the "Let's Talk Tattoos" link up - it was a huge success.

I also wanted to give a shot out to my new followers - THANK YOU for wanting to know more about yours truly. I am not that cool - but I do love this blogging thing:) AND a MUCHO shot out to all my regulars - bah:) I feel like we meet up every day at the bar and swap stories of our lives and I don't want to miss one single day of it. Yes I used to be called a "regular" at the Star Bar in Warrensburg and I have to say I was proud to house that label... So belly up to the bar today friends, today is all about E - aka Eric - aka my husband.

I know what you are thinking - OMG this girl is FINALLY talking about her husband! See... I swear 60% of the time Eric is either annoying me, making me want to pull my hair out, making me want to punch a wall, etc... BUT the other 40% rock my world.

Eric is a private person - he doesn't have a FB account, hates the social media craze, rarely emails, and doesn't get the "blog" world. I am a loud mouthed fool, who wants to tell the WORLD everything. How we managed to meet up and get hitched - is beyond me? But we did... We are polar opposites. He likes country music (barf), Life Time movies (snore), cuddling in bed (annoying), spitting his own version of raps (dumb but hilarious), saving money (blah), staying home instead of going out (boring), fertilizing his yard (bah.. no guys not THAT fertilizing, for real he loves his YARD more than me 99.9% of the time), long walks on the beach - kidding - BUT I think you get the point. But we do have one thing in common - ME!!!!!!! and our beautiful children OF COURSE.


I  don't want to bore the bejeezus out of you with my sappy husband love - so I am going to tell you a few things.

Number One - he adores ME, he might not be romantic or whisk me away to exotic places, but he never ONCE let's a day go by without telling me how beautiful I am or that "those jeans look good, your hair looks cute, I like that jacket (as he asks if it is new and how much it cost:), cute boots", etc... When we go out - he ALWAYS compliments something about my outfit, hair, shoes, bum...

He also is a HUGE supporter of staying healthy. As you know I had to train for my half marathon - every Saturday/Sunday morning when I had my long runs - he would take the kids and do something fun to give me and Laura a few hours to get our 8-12 milers in. Now that is LOVE folks. My kids are crazy/loud banches and I KNOW that - so that meant the WORLD to me. When I want to run on a whim or work out - he goes to the basement to our work out area and does it with me. HE SUPPORTS ME, even this whole blog thing. He doesn't get it - but he WILL hold the camera and take a picture (grumbling under his breath).

He loves my friends. He is THEIR friend, just as they are MY friends. He asks about them, wants to be a part of their lives, gets excited for their successes and upset for the bad times. He makes the effort and that is what counts.

Bridget and E - I love this picture with my whole heart:)

Number Two - he is an AMAZING father - no scratch that - an EXCEPTIONAL father. He not only loves my kiddos but everyone else's too. He just loves kids in general, probably because he acts about 5 years old half the time. Photo drop coming at you - I am not going to even write a big post on this because I can't. I would bawl for the whole time and I can't even put into words how awesome he is at the father role. Number ONE in my book:)






Number Three - he treats his family and my family with respect. He loves his family and this makes me love him even more. He will run to help his Mom and Dad at the drop of a hat. He adores his brothers and takes extra special caution over his sister. He loves all his Sister in Laws (as do I) and this makes for awesome family gatherings. Here a few photos of his Mom, Dad, brothers, etc... and one of me and all the SIL (that is me on the left in my "super skinny before I got preggo with Wes" phase).. His sister is the dark one in the middle - we are all the milk toast Sister in Laws. LOL...






Number Four - I find him STEAMY HOT.


Okay this post is getting super long and sappy. I also adore this man because he pretty much ALWAYS let me win. I like to win, I like it a lot, I like to be in CONTROL and he knows that... so he rolls with punches. Oh... and he lets me buy diamonds - he knows I heart them, so even Mr. Frugal himself, will budge on that one. Ha..

From This
To This
I still LOVE this man.

Happy Thursday

What is up people? How are you? What is new? Any fun plans this weekend?

25 comments:

  1. So sweet!! I love getting some background on ya'll! You know you've got a winner when they support without understanding (blog craze)and buy you diamonds, I mean hello!! Great looking family and super sweet to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet...you need to make sure he reads this!! It was fun getting to know more about him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right I am going to send it to him. He might delete it but at least I sent it - right? LOL

      Delete
  3. hubba hubba! He's really handsome. The other stuff is cute too... just kidding. You've got yourself a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! He's one hot hubby, lucky you! Mine also refuses to join the social media world (which is okay w/me) and rarely e-mails:-) He's also one helluva father and let's me do me, which is all a girl can ask for, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am okay with it too. No problem with me:) I love that they give us "me time" that is so important to keep us happy and healthy.

      Delete
  5. That is sooooooooooooooo sweet! It sounds like you have an amazing husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.dor.a.bul. That pic of the kids climbing all over him is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to say that doesn't sound stupid. I think I might be speechless, that never happens. :) I think I'll just say 'you are a lucky girl'! His family looks so darn amazing, you are lucky there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Mel, I knew your hub was hot, but wow! All of those amazing qualities in a man - I can see why you love him so!
    Great post mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great husband you have and what a great wife he has for speaking so highly of him! It's amazing how much he looks like his dad too! I hope he gets to read this post. I know how easy it is to tell those great guys in our lives just how great they are, so I'm sure it'd mean alot to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they look identical. They actually won the father/son look alike contest a few years ago on one of our local television stations. LOL..

      Delete
  10. Hunky Hubby! :) He sounds amazing! I love that he lets you win! lol.. my husband always lets me win too! His best man at our wedding said in his speech.."You can be one of two things in life, you can be right, or you can be happy! always be happy!" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw that was such a great post! I love hearing about good husband stories...too often we hear that "he doesn't help, blah blah blah," so it's nice to know there are other men out there who are great partners and dads.

    I'm inspired...maybe I could write a nice post dedicated to my husband...he'd kill me, he's so private. LOL Maybe we just won't tell him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! Cute hubby :) you're a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my favorite post that you have ever wrote... You are becoming quite the writer, my friend. E sounds {and looks-- no shame on that one} like a great guy! I think you are very lucky to have each other. It's always the ying and yang that make it for the long haul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw to freaking cute!! My hubs and I are totally opposites too! But I couldn't be more happy to be with the man of my dreams!
    Also so glad I found your blog through Holly's!

    Btw I totally thought your hubs looked like Albert Pujols! I know I'm totally weird but I glanced at a picture and thought it was him for like a min!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww! My hubby doesn't like to be social and as a social butterfly it drives me mad! I loved reading about how much you love him and I can see why! It's always refreshing to see happy couples in todays world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really sweet! What a lucky lady you are. Behind every great man us an even greater woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet post! I wish some of those brothers of his were single so you could send them my way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tear :'( What an awesome post about your husband! Loved reading the entire thing and oh my word... don't even get me started on all the pictures of him with the kiddos.

    Now I really wish we could be friends. I am like Holly with being weirdly aggressive about wanting to find mommy friends. ; )

    I can't remember the last time my honey told me "no" when I really wanted to buy something, even if it was a ridiculous amount to pay for boots.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great story about your husband! He does sound like an amazing guy and you are a lucky woman to have him. But then of course, he is a lucky guy to have you. ;)

    Loved the picture of E and his dad - they look just alike. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great post!! I almost teared up when you were talking about what a great father he is :) You are lucky to have found someone who is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete