Friday, October 19, 2012

Another Skip Over on "Fact or Fiction" Friday

It is Friday people and I am swamped. Swamped with work, kids, and life in general. WAAA WAAA WAAA - I know we ALL are. We are opening up the garage sale AGAIN tomorrow morning. I am sending Mr. E to do the sales though, he needs to help out a bit. I miss my kids tremendously and want to spend the morning with them.



Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about the mystery man yesterday. I sent the blog link to him. I wanted him to read it. I am not the sappy love song wife, so I tend not to let him know how much I REALLY do love him - so I thought this would be a good opportunity. He read it - here are his words:


Okay, I read it. You are the blog master. Thanks for the nice comments. I love you very much! Blog on. No, I don’t get it, but if it makes you happy, that’s cool.

Espee.  


See that is why I love him. BAH!!!!

In other news, Elle slipped off the couch this morning from the slippery blanket mixing with her slippery tights. BAM... she rocked her sweet little face on the glass coffee table. At first she stood there with an open mouth and nothing came out, and then I went into shock. Blood was gushing everywhere - all over the kitchen floor, me, her, the dog, etc... and I PANICKED. I called Eric and all I could get out was "Elle is hurt, blood is everywhere, I am scared, come home". Well... now I know how I will do in the midst of trauma, and the answer is HORRIBLE. Well I got it together and cleaned her up - cleaned up the dog - changed my clothes and got everyone calm (including myself). The bleeding stopped and there were not any visible cuts or horrible massive swelling, so we iced it up and applied tons of love. Eric didn't come home - he works about 45 minutes away and was facilitating a meeting should of guessed. Ugh... anyways we stayed home until we all calmed down and she is at school and guess what guys... I FEEL AWFUL. I should be there with her, but I am not. Ugh... I am going to call every couple hours and have her grandma pick her up early and let her relax. My Honey Boo Boo with her hurt face - I could cry...

 

Happier news - I did it friends. I upgraded my old ring for a new one and I couldn't be happier. Eric and I got engaged in September 2003 - he worked so hard in college to get my ring and I loved it, but it truly was never really "me". I picked it out and I just wanted "something/anything" that wouldn't put a huge strain on E's pocketbook and honestly we were young and didn't have a CLUE. So we went with the middle ring. The two bands are from my wedding and are blessed - so there was NO doubt in my mind I was going to keep them in my new creation. I went to Vinciguerra's Jewelry (family owned business) here in St. Louis and created a new middle ring. Exceptional customer service, phenomenal prices, kick butt turn around times, and quality coming out the ears. I could NOT have asked for a better experience. I kept the Emerald cut diamond - just upgraded the size - I love the halo effect and this setting is more "cathedral" style. LOVE IT! See I told you I like diamonds. HAHAHA - for real I can't believe Eric let me do this... this is so unlike him. I am sure something is up his sleeve;)

Old Ring
New Ring
Last but certainly NOT LEAST.... I have reached 100 followers. SAY WHAT???? For real I can't believe it. I did not imagine that this blogging thing would be as rewarding as it has been. I am having so much fun, meeting stellar folks, and enjoying every.minute.of.it. The stories we all share have inspired me, made me cry, made me laugh, pushed me to go further, etc... and I feel like I have gained some wonderful friendships. So in honor of you all, next week I will be doing my FIRST GIVE-A-WAY. HAHAHA. I feel all professional and shiz. LOL - I don't have a clue what it will be yet or how to do it, but I am thinking it will be a box of some of my "favorite things". So check back in next week for the deets and THANK YOU ALL for being there for me. I am so glad all of our paths crossed - I truly believe things happen for a reason:)

Come on Friday Baby 

How do you do with bloody accidents? Any favorite jewelers you love? Friday fun stories?

30 comments:

  1. Aww your poor sweet girl was probably in shock just as much as you were. I am sure she will be fine because you did the right thing! She is such a cutie.

    And congrats on 100 followers! Yours is one of my favorite blogs so I can see why so many follow along.

    One last thing, that ring is amazing! You deserve it sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rings!! I am sucker for diamonds even though I don't really own any of my own...someday I will! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I hope she heals quickly!! Poor thing...poor you! Whenever my kids get hurt like that I always have told J that I'd freeze or faint at the blood and he'd have to step in...but when something does happen my auto-pilot kicks in and I react surprisingly well in those situations. It sounds like you did great! It's so horrible to see our kids get hurt, every bad thought goes through your mind wondering if they're okay...my kids (and most) are much more tougher than I realize :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. I need to find my auto-pilot.

      Delete
  4. Eeks! Poor Elle!! I once knocked Leah in the face with the door to daycare while we were walking in. I didnt realize she was behind me and when I swung the door open it smacked her... and then I left here there to go to work. I felt HORRIBLE too, especially since I caused it!! And the whole times how you react in traumatic situations... Leah had a seizure/stopped breathing in May, when I was 35 weeks pregnant. Brian ran to call 911 but ended up calling his parents first! He's BAD in the moment, I on the other hand picked Leah up and carried her over to a neighbors house who was having a party and yelled if anyone knew CPR. I was shockingly calm down it. I dont think I cried at all. Now looking back though it freaks me out and I have a horrible memory of Leah turning blue stuck in my head forever.... I wrote about it on the blog if you want to look it up.... Ok now Im depressed.... Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I just laughed so hard - good for you girl. I need you at my house when things like this happen:)

      Delete
  5. Poor Elle!!! I hope she feels better very very soon! LOVE your rings, and I too am so happy all of our paths have crossed. These daily reads make me so happy :) Happy Friday Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, so sorry to hear about Elle's fall! I'm sure she's a trooper and will be great when she gets home! Love love love your rings too. I just did something similar with some old rings I had and now have an awesome right hand ring! Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor sweet girl, I'm glad she wasn't hurt too badly. Funny thing is, she's probably having a grand old time at school while you are stressing about it. Kids bounce back so easily, it seems.

    I can't believe I missed the post on E! I'll have to go read it right now. Love the new ring design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont think I have ever seen a picture of your daughter. She is so beautiful! Poor muffin, though. :( Its so hard when they hurt themselves and there is nothing you can do.

    Your new ring is so pretty! Good for you for getting something you love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor girl! I hope it doesn't leave a bad mark!
    I love your new ring. Bling! Bling! I agree about your ring not being "you". I would have never in a million years picked out the band for my engagement ring. I have always felt selfish for wanting to change it so I like when I see women like you doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a terrible start to the day! Poor cutie. I'm sure that extra attention from you made her feel much better. I think the fact that you were able to clean her up and get some ice on the injury indicates that you're far better under pressure than you give yourself credit for! I don't know how you moms do it!

    Also, I love your new ring! It's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alwww...hope your daughter feels better soon!! Your new ring is beautiful...I LOVE emerald cut rings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a rough morning today, too. My poor little guy (Aiden) went to school with tears still in his eyes. :(( Broke my heart. I sent his teacher an email and asked her to give him a hug from his mom. I hope seeing his friends cheered him up and he'll be his happy little self again when I pick him up in 3 hrs. But it definitely put a damper on my whole day.

    Gorg ring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! Love, love, love the ring, it's so pretty! I am in the process of trying to find my wedding band right now...too bad I don't live in MO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new ring! My husband let me upgrade for Christmas/Our Anniversary too! Can't wait to get it!! I hit 11 followers, thanks to your Link Up! I was at 9... I know, HUGE change. I was stoked to hit double digits though. Crazy, I know. Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything certainly does happen for a reason <3
    Have a fab weekend, mama

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor Elle! Is she ok now??? I am not good in situations like that either... My husband is definitely the calm one in that department.. I am lucky to have him, I loved your old ring and your new one is goreous! I hope you have fun with the kiddos in the morning! Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your poor kiddo. I hope she's ok now! Yay for 100 followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor baby girl! I never freak about blood, my crazy child is always busted and bleeding, i just try to contain in away from my white bedspread :) I adore your new ring, crazy pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your poor baby! I freak out anytime something happens to the kids. Good thing my hubs keeps calm under pressure.

    Love the new bling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poor baby! She's too cute! Love your ring! Yay for 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Poor Elle... I thought her mom might have been abusing her again. HAHA.

    And I am glad Eric liked your post. I showed it to Chris and he was like, "why can't you say that kind of stuff about m?" Then I told him to scram. :)

    Good luck with the sale today.... I hope you make enough to pay for that BLINGIN' new ring you have-- lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww poor lil girl! I am so nervous for the day that Hunter does that. You did great though!

    Second of all your new ring is ballin! Girl that's some BLING a DING right there!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a gorgeous ring! And, you have a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete