Wednesday, October 10, 2012

D-Day "Weigh in Wednesday"

It is here - the day I have been dreading since last week, when I decided to do this. Ugh... I honestly was more nervous today stepping on the scale then I was Sunday before my half-marathon. Dumb... I know.. But I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and then stood there looking at that little "diablo".

Eric walked in and mumbled something, but I wasn't even paying attention. I felt like I was at the end of the diving board on the high dive getting ready to jump, like your "throat in your stomach" kind of feeling. So I dove - right into reality and up popped the number 150. There you have it ladies/gents/kids/family/friends/creepers - I am 150 lbs. Am I happy with that weight - Hell to the NO.... am I motivated to work on it now - Hell to the Yeah...

Just to let you all know, when I got pregnant with Wesley in October of 2009 I was at my lowest weight at 127 lbs - I tend to stay right around 130 lbs. So let's do the math together. 150 -130 = 20 lbs. I am up TWENTY FLIPPIN POUNDS.

Excuse list - all I hear is blah, blah, blah:
1. "Girl time" is in 2 days and that adds about 5 lbs right?
2. I have been binging since Sunday after my race.
3. Running adds muscle and that weighs more than fat?

I HAVE to start caring again and STOP thinking that running is just going to "melt" the lbs away on it's own - because reality is - it doesn't. I have to start eating right and telling McArthur's Cake - "NO I don't like you and I won't have 3 pieces of you". I run, I work out, and I am REALLY good at maintaining that routine - so now I just need to get the eating in check. If I can do that - I should be able to get these lbs off and feel good again.

Okay - kicker here... People always say "You don't weigh that - no way - where do you put it?" - so I took a picture of myself this morning for a before and it made me so sad... Sad I let myself do this, sad E has to look at me all puffed up, sad I somehow convinced myself I wear matching bras and underwear (I so don't), etc... I contemplated posting - but I just can't bring myself to, yet.

CONCLUSION - Keep running. Throw in some extra strength training. I am even contemplating starting back up at Ellipse Fitness - they have classes that are different each day and it is not a "meat market" style gym -  where I have to get on a machine after someone else's swamp a** was just plopped on there, or hang onto a bar after someones hand (who knows where it has been) was just on it, or half the people there are there to find.a.date. Yeah - sorry hard core gym fans. I am just not one. I am a germ freak...

So to my team members on the Mama L Fit Challenge - I am SO READY to do this. I am ready to look like a svelte machine for Santa, put my mama body into a CUTE bikini next summer, and honestly to FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF AGAIN.

Wednesday - is it over yet?
How is your day going? Please give me a happy weight loss story today? Anyone go to Ellipse?

30 comments:

  1. You can add me to the "150?!" I think you look awesome already, but I completely understand! ... anywho, I was just on the GoSTL marathon website and emailing the hubby about me wanting to do it and my concerns. I see the price goes up Oct 31st so I am about 95% sure I will be signing up by then... It seriously is a scary commitment, but I was looking at the training schedule and I KNOW I can do it... OMG OMG OMG...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I am so glad you noticed the price goes up - I am logging on NOW. I am GOING to do this:)

      Delete
  2. Post the pictures! I did ! Ha! 150 is a great starting point. I'd kill to be 150 right now. We can do this lady. Let's be hot Santa Elves and beach babes... mmmmkay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so can... You gotcha - photo shots of our naughty santa outfits and bikini shots:) I should post it and just "get it all out there". I am still debating. I just may update and do it!

      Delete
  3. You are so brave! 150 ain't a bad number girl. One day I'll tell you how much I weigh, and you'll instantly feel better about that number. One day as in when I reach my goal, because I'm not ready to come out of the closet. haha! That 20 ain't got nothing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping - REALLY HOPING:) I know I feel that way about the picture.

      Delete
  4. I'd kill to be 150, but I know we all start somewhere and each have our own goals! You can SO do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got this girl! You can do it! I'm in the same boat as you, 130 is my body's happy number and it seemed like I would never get down from 150 but I am FINALLY at 139 and even though it is taking it's sweet ass old time, I am seeing change and trying (veryyyyyyyyy hard) to be happy with myself. I'm your cheerleader - you can DOOOO ITTTTTTT! :) Just remember the scale is a number, not who YOU truly are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl.. and you are so right it is just a number.

      Delete
  6. Before pics are sooo much easier to post once you've lost a bit. I posted my before pics once I hit the 25-pound mark and it was embarrassing, but doable! And my "before" was waaaay higher than 150 lbs! Hell, my "after" is still way higher than 150 lb. But I'll get there eventually! As will you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate I can't agree with you more - that is why I took it because I think I am going to try an post one a month - starting the month I actually see some progress. LOL

      Delete
  7. The hardest thing for me to get over was not rewarding a hard run\\workout with food. Just because I kicked ass at the gym doesn't mean I can eat crap, even a little! You got this and I'm here for ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan - you my dear are one of my inspirations:) You look so wonderful and I hope to get there soon!

      Delete
  8. I am also so excited for the MLFitCamp challenge! If you are unsure about posting your before pictures, you can go look at mine to make you feel better. This is totally doable, though and I'll kick your ass in gear if you kick mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA.. Amanda you always make me lmao. We can kick each other's booties and lose that weight:)

      Delete
  9. I'm cheering you on!! Go Melanie Go!! You've got this! Oh...and I'm so glad someone else thinks the gym is germy! Yuck!! I'm so NOT into the gym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Germs and are I NOT FRIENDS. I don't like them just about as much as I don't like DIRT;)

      Delete
  10. I recently read that if you carbo load correctly you should weigh 4-5 lbs more than usual when you race. Plus who doesn't want to have a partayyy after their race?! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is GREAT news:) Thanks again I can't wait to get out there and DO something. Is it weird I haven't ran in 2 days and I am itching too? LOL

      Delete
  11. Bahahaa I feel the same way about gyms! UGh I know I should probably join one...but then I think about the nastiness EVERYWHERE. yikes.

    And you do not look like 150 at all girl!!! You'll get to your goal weight though...all in time. Keep on runnin' and so will I!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your attitude and plan of attack! I must say, I would kill to weigh 150 right now and I'm FAR from it! You go girl, you got this - you just ran a half for freak's sake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can do this Mel! I know you can! It won't be easy, but you've got the motivation to do it! So, just get the meal planning together and work it girl!

    On a side note, I would LOVE to be 150. If I could get there I would be thrilled. But I know that it's different for everyone and if 150 is high for you, you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you weigh 150? It has to be muscle-- no question. And if you're ever down on that, you seriously havea gorgeous face... Like the prettiest one in blogger land, so have no worries.

    I need to run so bad. These workout DVD's and walking on the treadmill are not cutting it. Let's really do the half together in April. I need to light a fire under my ass and get some real work done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with my girl, Holly, 100%. You are gorgeous and don't even look close to 150, so don't let that number haunt you.

      Delete
  15. Ok girl you got this! You can and WILL get down to 130 again! Not that weight matters and you look great, but I know how it is to want to be at a certain place. We all are our own worst critic. I doubt your before pic is even bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, you got this! My plan is this new job. I am too busy to eat. lol Down 6 lbs in 2 days... I know, nuts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for posting this! I really appreciate your honesty and am glad that you are willing to share your struggles. It's nice to see someone who has accomplished major goals (half marathon? That's cray!) and still faces daily challenges with eating.You'll get to that goal weight in no time! Thanks for being a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can do it!! I think it's awesome that you've got your workout routine down. For me, that's the hardest part.

    I've never been unhappy with my body, but I am now. I know I should be proud of myself and my body- carrying a baby and giving birth. But it's so, so hard! I love your attitude. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete