Friday, October 12, 2012

Fact Friday and "Let's Talk Tattoos Link Up"

Okay peeps. I was going to make you wait and guess which is true to play up the "Fact or Fiction" Friday theme - BUT today I am just going to tell you a fact.

TRUTH: I have 4 tattoos. HA.. See that was my "lead into" the link up. So clever, arn't I? *eye-brow rise*. MWAH HA HA HA.

Okay, seriously, here is the deal - next Tuesday is the "Let's Talk Tattoos" Link up. I "think" I figured out the blog button for the link-up. Who knows, I will probably ask one of you to try it out on Monday night - if you don't mind? I will also have instructions on how to paste it to your post. Thank you lovely Holly & Emily for your "always helpful" instructions on this.Verdict is still OUT on the blog list that you post at the bottom of the page, to browse everyone's posts that link up that day? Any takers want to teach me?  Scratch that -  Holly has offered to help me. YAY. THANK YOU MAMA!!

This link-up is for EVERYONE tattooed or NOT tattooed. Talk about your current one's (when you got them, where, how, why?), future one's, one's you may have had removed or covered, show us some pics, etc... I really believe tats are an expression of yourself through art or a night of drunken shenanigans.

I hope you all have a great weekend - I will be at happy hour in minus 12 hrs with some stellar ladies. I am sure I will be instagramming (is that a word?) it up tonight, then feeling like death in the morning. Tomorrow is Elle and my FIRST official mother/daughter sleepover. We are going to Elle's friends house. My girl Laura and her daughter will be joining us over there. The girls will watch Barbie movies, put on dress up clothes, fight and bicker over who gets to wear what princess shoes, put on a fashion show, and cry when it is bed-time. Us three ladies will be downing spiked cider, gorging on pizza and candy, bashing our hubby's, and hoping for an early night:) Kidding..on the gorging part. Sunday is the weenie roast at E's parents - so that is always a fun annual thing. While I am doing all this - I will be getting ready for the garage sale I am having on Wednesday. AGH!!!!!! I know those garage sales are not.my.thing. so I am sure this is going to be interesting. I MAY be drinking Bailey's in my coffee at 7:00 a.m. next Wednesday - so watch out for that blog post:)

Anyways Have a Great Weekend. And here is the DRAFT blog button. Holly has so graciously offered to help a nerdy, dense, sista out. I can't thank you enough.

Next Tuesday Peeps
October 16th - "Let's Talk Tattoos" Link Up

   

12 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! and ew I HATE having garage sales! I mean I love the idea of someone buying stuff I am just going to throw away. But I hate small talk with strangers! and I hate even more when an old man try's to negotiate the price of a $1 vhs tape...lol! I always set the whole thing up and price everything then hide inside and make my husband talk to the random strangers..But I kinda like your idea of drinking during it, I think it would be a whole hell of a lot more fun!
    Have a lovely weekend :) and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are doing the link up! The mother/daughter slumber party sounds like a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly is for sure the shiz nit. I love her. Instagramming is a verb and absolutely counts as a word. Can't wait to see pics of your night! Have a great day Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I'm totally going to try to follow you on Instagram! As soon as I figure out how to log in to it from my computer. I'm new to Instagram and only ever use my phone app (so I've completely forgotten my login info!). Yay, technology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like this was posted just for me! haha! I'm the "needs step by step instructions on linking up" kind of sister. Once I get it down, I'll be a linking fool. Happy weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun weekend!!! I wish I had a daughter to do girly things w/!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mother daughter sleepover sounds FUN. Garage sales give me anxiety! Good luck and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally there for the link up next week. The mother/daughter sleepover sounds like a good time. Are all the girls around 5 years old? If so, I would stock up on the spiked cider. Good luck on your garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for the link up!!! I'm totally in!!! Sounds like an awesome weekend y'all have planned. I wanna wear princess shoes and drink spiked cider! Have a great time lady!!!! Can't wait to see the IG pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo hoo for the link up! This will be my very first one, and instructions are always very helpful! Yum to the spiked cider and sleepover. I am in that awkward stage where I am too old to have them with my friends, but none of us have kids to do the mother/daughter part. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be there! Can't wait to hear about everybody's tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You wanna do the linkup on Tuesday? I will get the word out tomorrow! Sounds fun, fun!!

    ReplyDelete