Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let's Talk Tattoos Tuesday Link UP

Photobucket

 
Good morning everyone and YAY Tuesday is FINALLY here. So Today if you are joining us, we will be linking up to chat about our current, future, and past tattoos ... hey - even if you hate those suckers, just link up and tell us why you think tats SUCK. To follow the Instructions to add the link to your page - check it out HERE - and a HUGE THANK YOU for linking up today and a SPECIAL thank you to Holly who REALLY helped me figure all this blog button & linky thing out:)

Alright my "skin statement history" in a nutshell.

First Tattoo - I was 18ish say. My friends and I went to Columbia, MO (Mizzou) for a day trip in college. We were walking along some street and passed a tattoo parlor. My friend Bridget (the sweet, gentle, never gets in trouble friend) decided she wanted to get one. She couldn't do it alone (like how girls HAVE to take a friend to pee when you are out at a bar) so she asked us all if someone would get one with her. I so graciously said "yes" since I was always HER bad influence. That girl just never got caught... She smoked cigs FIRST, she kissed boys FIRST - it was ALL her... but she was so good at keeping it under wraps. HA.. Love ya girl.

Okay back to it - basically I looked around and decided on this one - why? you ask - who the heck knows I tried to tell myself - "oh cool it has a 1.2.3. in it" - like that signified ANYTHING - ha!!!
I have this on my lower back - you know the one they call the "tramp stamp" - yep that is me:) Still to this day I still like it though.

 
Second Tattoo - I was 20ish. I was still in college in Warrensburg, MO and my friend Kerry was taking a photography class. She was working on a project, where she needed "progression" photos. We were throwing around ideas as to what she should do for this project. I blurted out - wouldn't it be cool to see progression pics of the tattoo process. Well... I nailed myself to it by stating this, because I became the genuia pig. So off we headed to the only tattoo parlor in the "burg". Once again I was standing there with NO IDEA of what to get - just the fact that I WAS getting one. So I chose this from the wall AND where did I decide to put it? Right in between my shoulder blades. Yep. I love the design but regret the placement. Now I am older and have been in 70 bagillian weddings, including my own - wearing strapless dresses - it just seems wrong. Oh well - once I went to see how much it would be to get it removed, but I got pregnant (twice) so I gave up.


Third Tattoo - I was 21ish. I was dating Eric and it was his birthday. It was the first birthday I was celebrating with him. I basically told him I was picking him up and taking him to get his 1st tattoo. Okay guys let me let you in on a little secret... Men with tattoos are my all time weakness. A nice tat sticking out of a collared shirt, can basically throw me over the edge:) So Eric and I went here in St. Louis to some place called Mitch's Tattoos, and of course, if he was getting one - so was I. This tattoo actually DOES have significance. It is the Chinese symbol for JOY. Joy is my middle name - corny I know, but I adore my middle name and I see it quite fitting for "me". This one is located on my left lower pelvis - you know where every girl has one.. HA (excuse the little fine hairs - ewwww) LOL.
 

Fourth Tattoo - I was 32. See I took a big long tat hiatus and then after I birthed all my children and there was NOT a possibility of another, I decided I wanted one final marking. This one took a ton of thought and I knew I wanted to something that signified "family". So I decided on the infinity symbol with "joy" intertwined - to represent how I feel about my family and my blessed life. I went to Craig's Tattoo's here in St. Louis - I adore him. He is slow, he is cranky, but he is one WICKED tattoo artist. I wanted this one on my rib cage. Not gonna lie... this one hurt like a mofo. The other tattoos didn't bother me AT ALL - this one had me clenching my teeth. Ugh.. but it was all worth it.


Alright there you have it - my ink journey. I can't wait to read all about yours - GAH!!! Link up below and start hopping around and checking out the wonderful world of TATS.

24 comments:

  1. I love how the first ones were so spur of the moment! This is making me want another.... arg! ... Hopefully I can get a post up today to link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am irrational. BAH.. not I used to be - now I think about things for 3 years and "maybe" do them:)

      Delete
  2. I have a tattoo of a rose on my right hip because its my middle name and I love my middle name too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it.. I love the name tattoos. Maybe I can show you all E's after he finishes his next month. If he lets me actually take a picture and post it. He is social media shy. LOL

      Delete
  3. I love the fourth!! Joy is such a fitting name for you :) THanks for hosting the link up! These are so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Joy tat! I have a tramp stamp too and I don't hate it a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with the infinity tattoos and Joy fits perfectly for you :)
    Thanks for doing such a fun link-up!
    Have a Terrific Tuesday!! (corny...i know)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting this link up, I'm loving seeing everyone's ink! The infinite joy tattoo is amazing and from reading your blog, joy seems to be a pretty fitting name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks girly - that was so sweet. So glad you liked the tat journeys. I love them.

      Delete
  7. Love the link up! I love the JOY at the end. And it seems us women seem to start with a tramp stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun link up! I love your Joy tattoo and the meaning behind it. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your tattoos, but I have to say my favorite is your first one. I have never seen anything like it. Very cool! Thanks for hosting this fantastic link up- I'm glad I am not the only one rockin the Asian symbols lol .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gracious! A ribcage tat sounds sooooo painful! Brave lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tattoos are all so dainty and pretty! Even though they were spur of the moment, you still made great choices. This was a great link up, thanks for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. IF I were a tattoo fan, and IF I ever thought of getting one, I would want any like yours. They are feminine unlike many of the tattoos I have seen in my life. Your "infinite Joy" one is my favorite. Good link up Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It took me forever to figure out the 3-2-1 tattoo, now I see it. :) I love how they weren't planned, you are a fun, fun gal! Great link up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Just posted mine:) Tattoos are SO addictive huh? I already want another one lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting girl! This was so much fun. Tattoos are very addictive... I was thinking my next one would be on my rib cage, but now I am nervous from what you mentioned. My other two didn't hurt at all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! Thanks for your nice comment on my post; I'll be thinking of it as I run on Sunday:-) PS I have no tattoos, sweet ones or not! I've thought about "getting inked," but never have come up with something I'd have to have 4ever...like the look though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melanie, I LOVE your blog and this link up! However, my Meemaw is subscribed to my blog via email and if she sees anything about a tattoo I will NEVER hear the end of it and she may have a stroke! LOL!!!!! I don't have one BUT I do want one. I am just so indecisive as to what and where I want it. My husband has lots of suggestions that he can shove where the sun doesn't shine like his name! Not for me! His latest suggestion is to wait until all my kids can write their names and get them on top of my C-section scar like they signed where they came from! OMG! Where does he come up with this stuff? LOL! I love your "Joy" tattoo! Did it hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your tats! Especially the last one - it is gorgeous just like you!!!! Thank you so much for hosting this link up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I featured your link up on my Friday Five today :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking for the Best Dating Website? Join and find your perfect date.

    ReplyDelete