Monday, October 22, 2012

Pulling Back Up The "Slacks"

It's Monday and I am NOT in the best mood. The Cardinals have now lost 2 in a row and if we lose tonight we are eliminated. Ugh... I bet my adorable bbf Laura is pumped for her SF Giants though. Dang you Laura - just dang you. I knew there was a reason why I never liked the "Jack in the Beanstalk" Story - dang Giants. Okay enough ranting. Tonight it's on - I am praying like a banche that we make it 12in12. GO CARDS ~ and you know I love ya Laura, regardless. I might throw you the cold shoulder for a day or two - but "meh" that is how I roll.

I started back up running yesterday. Yes, I took FOREVER off after my half - but you know what? I deserved it and the millions of cookies I ate. So I ran 4.5 miles yesterday and all I could think of was "how did I run 13.1 miles?" It felt really, really, REALLY good to get back out there though. I so missed it - so so missed it. I went right back to my usual "spot" at Cliff Cave and I soaked in the sun, music, and squirrels everywhere;) I am feeling pretty good about this upcoming fit camp to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. Truthfully my goal is 15 lbs and we can go from there.


I sat down and wrote out my calendar out for the next 10 weeks. I am hitting the running 3 days a week with one long run on the weekend (so 4 total). My "off running" days I will be "lifting" and "planking" with Wesley.



AND... one day completely OFF during the week - my favorite day. I will be limiting carbs at dinner and increasing my water intake. So yeah... that is about all I plan to do this time around. OH... and I will not shovel oatmeal creme pies down my "face pocket". BOOM. I should write that on the black board 100 times.

Any whoo... good luck to me and EVERYONE who wants to look like a hot a** elf for Christmas:)

Weekend was good - we enjoyed some fun at my work picnic - thought I would bore you with some pictures of the fun:) My kids actually found a sport they would ENJOY playing - too bad I don't know of any sack race leagues.






Oh... there was an egg race too - and Wes just smiled and man handled TONS of candy.



I hope everyone had a fan.tab.ulous weekend and hope this weeks is even BETTER. GO CARDS!

Any words of wisdom for this mama on a fit mission? Weekend fun stories? Know of any sack race leagues?

19 comments:

  1. I wish I could get back into running - absolutely no motivation to do so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for your Cards tonight! Love the pics of Wesley ready to pump the iron- too cute! Here's to being the best looking Santa's helpers at every Holiday party! We got this girl! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the work picnic was a lot of fun, the pictures are so cute. Good luck on your weight loss, eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubs and I were mad about the Cards game last night too! BUT they are totally going to ROCK tonight!! 12in12!!!

    Also good job on the running!!! I think, maybe I might do my first 1/2 marathon next year. Scares me but I'm thinking I will do one or two. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a Yankees fan. So, for your sake I hope the Cardinals win, but I am so over baseball season right now and pretty angry haha.

    Good luck with your weight loss. I am about to start my own campaign to lose some weight before the holidays and maybe even keep losing weight (or at least maintain!) during the holidays! Here's to wanting to look like a hot a** elf! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be a hot ass elf! I guess I will be staying away from the cheese dip while you are stearing clear of oatmeal creme pies. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't normally root for the Cards but I kind-of-sort-of HATE the Giants so I'll be pulling for your guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL thank you, you know I am over the MOON excited for my Giants!! Either way...the games have been really fun to watch! I knew they wouldn't give it up that easily!

    I need some of your motivation my way...I'm pretty sure I gained weight last week, but because I'm a chick-ckick-CKICKEN I am going to avoid the scale until next Monday. I need to stop slacking off in the food department...it's so easy to eat those fun size M&M's. EEK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do it! I'm staring my running calendar this week too. 3 weekdays of running and one long run on the weekend as well. I'm also trying to stick to Pilates 3x a week, we'll see how that goes as the mileage picks up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just staring on this running thing and I love it. I just finished my first straight mile without heaving over or dying :)!! I enjoy it so much!

    I am on a weightloss schedule for the holidays too :)

    Sharee'
    www.momFITtingitallin.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl! You will be the hottest a** elf mama evAR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha a hot a** elf! I love it! Way to run! I wish I could run that far! What a fun work event! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet you burn a ton of calories in a sack race! Your kids may be on to something! :)

    Good luck on your new running plan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gall darnit, you are so darn PRETTY!!!! ugh, I could beat you up if I didn't like you so much! :)

    Looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fingers crossed for your team. Don't tell my husband I said that lol- he still sad from the Reds. Good for you for getting back to running. I am glad you enjoy it. Those pictures of W "working out" are soooo CuTE! Whats the fit camp?! I need to take of 20lbs by Christmas for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you started running again! It feels so good. I hate how I have to force myself out of the house but then I love it when I'm done! :) Your little guy is so cute planking!!! LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get my rear in gear to run a half in April with you. Keyona and I talked about just running behind you-- that's cool, right?

    And as of now... looks like we are sending some Gooey Butter Cake to Laura. Boo hiss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had a busy but fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where do I get the deets and sig up for this 20 pounds by Christmas challenge!?

    ReplyDelete