Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thirsty Girl

Well hello there Tuesday. Yesterday I had to get an 8 miler in AFTER work. I NEVER run right after work, I usually go early in the A.M. or after the kids go to bed, but since this was a long run I needed to get it D.O.N.E. Let me make a long story short for you. I brought my clothes and shoes to work AND then looked to down to see I forgot my headphones. Ugh. AND... I forgot my water bottle - another negative. So needless to say, I ran 8 miles in the scary woods, ALONE, listening to myself swallow my own spit. Fun stuff might I add. I finished in record time though and was pretty happy about that. Came home drank a ton of water, ate cereal DRY because instead of going grocery shopping this weekend, I decided to pack my weekend with tons of fun stuff. We did the Goddard School Round-up on Friday night. Saturday we had a b-day party and park fun - and I got 4 miles of running in. Sunday we spent the day at Eckerts doing some apple picking. Here is the photobomb drop.

Boba G3 - Wes loves it.

Camel Rides

Sibling Love

Us

Mr. Jockey himself

Elle and Will (nephew) on the swings

Loving it
Wes called this - his boat ride.
Park Time
Goddard School Round -up
My girl
Hoe down

Pig races - Wes trying to "feed" the piggy
Did I not mention my half-marathon is THIS SUNDAY. I am so stoked and can't wait. I feel REALLY ready. Bring it on... MO Cowbell - I got this:)


Have a great day.

How was your weekend - any fun fall activities, races coming up?


20 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I am also from St.Louis and it is fun to find other St.Louis bloggers. I am also running a half, but I'm doing the Rock n Roll. Good luck in your race!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME the Solutia Rock N Roll should be a blast:) I am thinking of doing the GO St. Louis half in April ~ but I heard people sometimes pass out;) Who knows? Thanks for reading girl. I know I love reading local bloggers too.

      Delete
  2. How cute is your round up hat!??? Love it! And those pictures make the lack of milk totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goreogus family picture :)

    Wowza boss lady! 8 mile run with no music or water? You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I might die, but I made it. I flew like a bat of he** because I wanted to get done before the boogie man came out.

      Delete
  4. Your family is just picture perfect! ... and that picture of Elle... my goodness does she have some sass in her!! Leah pulled out her first pose for a picture the other day. I about died! I'll post it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, scary run in the woods? No thank you, I get freaked out just running around my neighborhood in the dark. Of course my neighborhood is a little ghetto fab, but still.

    You look great in your hat and I love Elle's little diva pose. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Hoe Down pictures. And I really love that you made no excuses about your run-- no headphones, scary woods, and all. You are awesome. When is your half marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck at your half marathon! My first half marathon is a week after yours so I am super interested in other first-timers right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to recap it very well for you. Yay!! Good luck.

      Delete
  8. You have a really beautiful family Mel. Elle looks so much like you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx girl. Elle is hilarious my shining star!

      Delete
  9. Good luck with the marathon! I totally would have ditched that run when I realized I had no H2O! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to but pushed through it. Thanks

      Delete
  10. Scary Woods and no water, I would have skipped my run so big kudos to you! (Then again I don't run :/) I keep adding things to my bucket list and I just added a camel ride the other day, hahaha. Good luck at your marathon!

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to ride one. Elle loved it. I want to ride one now too. Thanks again.

      Delete