Today is dedicated to things I used to loathe about myself but now I have grown to love. So weird thing... I got this Direct Message on Twitter, this morning, that someone on Twitter was talking "ish" about me or saying cruel things. See I am not used to all this twitter/instagram/blogging world stuff and all this craziness is insanely NEW to me. I immediately went into "Mel Freak Out" mode and tried to click the link to find out "who" was this negative person. I was on about a 20 minute hunt when - long story short - the link was deemed "not gonna happen" by my security software. This 20 minutes of anxiety stricken panic, lead me to a revelation today.
The Real Deal: I am not going to lie - I DO care what other people think, I DO wonder if what I say/not say is going to hurt someone, I DO want to keep the peace, AND I DON'T like people talking about me. I should of realized that when I started this blog and "put myself out there" that along with the good, came the bad. Not EVERYONE is going to like me - not EVERYONE is going to agree with me - not EVERYONE is going to get my humor - not EVERYONE is going to find The Rock as hot as I do, etc... So revelation time - I NEED to work on this. I NEED to start loving some of the things I used to loathe or that people made/make fun of - so I am starting a list.
I used to Hate It - Now I am learning to Love ItPhysical:
1. Yes I have a square face but I adore my high cheek bones that sit on it
2. Yes my nose is not the most perfect but it is not the worst either
3. Yes my (.)(.) are not super perky but I have been through two beautiful births that make up for it.
4. Yes my arms are the biggest part on me, but they are STRONG.
5. Yes I did have a flat bottom, but after MANY squats and much running it is toning up like a demon.
6. Yes I dress up a lot - do I think it is called "overdressing" - sorry that word is not in my repertoire.
1. Yes I am a clean freak and it might freak people out - but cleaning is therapeutic to me
2. Yes I laugh/smile all the time - and guess what? It makes me happy
3. Yes I will kill you with kindness even if you treat me bad - because that is who I am - a kind person.
4. Yes I make lists in my head and check them off as needed.
5. Yes I will yell at my husband in front of you because that is who we are and who we have been since day 1
6. Yes I enjoy acting like a goof ball and NO I will not feel immature for it
7. Yes I do get sad, Yes I do cry, and it feels good doing it.
8. Yes I stock pile my life up with things to do and people to see - and why? because I thrive being around people.
9. I am a TRUE extrovert to the max and I am okay with it - that is who I am.
Alright there you have it - two posts today. One for fun and one sparked by someone or something (not even sure it was true) that had me all freaked out this morning. Thanks for that twitter person - said no one ever.
See you all tomorrow at the Vlog link up - check out the deets on the post below.