Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Womp Womp Womp


It's Tuesday - the cards lost and I am all sad and stuff. Congrats to my girl Laura for waking up happy and on cloud 9 for her SF Giants making it to the World Series, see I can be a good loser BUT I still don't like Scutaro. I am so glad I don't have to hear his name 5 million times a night from Tim and Joe - I was absolutely SICK of their obsession with him. Now... on a better note - GO Detroit TIGERS! - love ya Laura... and - that gooey butter cake will be on it's way soon;)

Okay I got out early from a meeting yesterday and headed home - I ran 3 miles in the flippin 80 degree stagnant/humid air and felt like I was going to keel over and die - but I did it. So I can mark that off on my book. Whoop... I ate fairly well and did some ab crunches while watching the debate. So yesterday was a "good day".

I was inspired by Leigh Ann's sweater over a maxi dress fashion post a week or so ago - so I tried it. Love this picture from the closet - bah and.. I look ridiculous and my face looks like "hey you with the sweet face, come on over here" dumb. Anways..


On a happier note - I will be doing my first give-a-way tomorrow. It will be a box filled with "some of my favorite things". So check back in to see what's in the box and to sign up if the stuff looks appealing to you.

Now I will go drown my sadness in an english muffin, string cheese, and banana - can't wait for April and to do it ALL OVER AGAIN.

IS IT APRIL YET?

How was your evening? How is your healthy week going? Watch the debate?

18 comments:

  1. I am soo sad too! I do find solace in the fact that I didn't think that we would make it this far in the first place, so these were just bonus games!!
    In addition to being annoyed about the non-stop Scutaro talk, I was also getting sooo annoyed about them talking about the Holiday slide. Seriously, get over it!!!! I am so tired of all announcers having a bias towards any team BUT the Cardinals!!! It's even more frustrating since Buck is from St.Louis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your Cards :( There's always next season. You look fabulous with your sweater over the maxi! LOVE the skinny belt! I did not watch the debate, I cuaght up on my latest addiciton Gossip Girl. 80 degree runs suck but props to you for getting in! Happy Tuesday Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit makes me very jealous that I do not have any maxi dresses! They are never long enough on me, and hit me at like my mid-calf! ... You look great and I bet its super comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Now I will go drown my sadness in an english muffin, string cheese, and banana" -- LOL!

    Cute outfit! I don't see anything wrong with the face you're making. In every pic I take of myself, I've got crazy eyes, so at least you've avoided that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are nuts! I think you look awesome in that outfit!!! Great job on the run, I feel ya on the heat I'm sooooo effing over humidity in October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That game was just sad!! I couldn't believe it ... I don't know what happened to them the last 3 games ... but oh well, it is over, said and done - onto the next one. The outfit looks super cute! Can't wait to see what you put in the giveaway =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit!

    Loved the 'horses and bayonettes' part of the debate, cracked me up! But, Da' Bears were playing so watched more of that than the debate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bummed about the Cardinals, but also very proud of them. They did so well without Mr. Sell-out. I am still bitter about Pujols jumping ship. Are your kids part of the Cardinals Kids Crew? If they aren't, you should check it out next year. I think it is $25 per kid, and they get so many cool things. My favorite is the jump the line pass they kid on run the bases night. Although, I do feel a tidge bad when I walk in front of 2500 kids to the front of the line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HEY! Saw you over on Southern Girl Gets Fit- You're running the STL half in April? Me too! I live over in wentzville. You should join the STL blogger group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/159844450821593/ We are having a meet up this Friday night, would love to see you out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome - I will be joining tonight when I get off work - yay! Sorry no FB here. HAHAHA:) Can't wait to join and yes the St. Louis half - I can't wait.

      Delete
  10. I am also bummed by the Cardinals loss last night! Love the outfit also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your team- boo! You crack me up though. Outfit is super cute- glad to hear yesterday was a "good" day. I hope today goes just as well!

      Delete
  11. :D

    That outfit looks great...love the belt! I seriously need to update my wardrobe (I'm a jeans and t-shirt gal, bleh). So far my healthy week is good - training is going really well! Now I just need to get back on that wagon for healthy food and I'll be golden!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your outfit! Leigh Ann's fashion always inspires me. Can't wait to lose some more ELL BEE's and be able to pull it all off, pink pants and all:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pumped for the tigers...I'm from Michigan and Detroit needs good news! I love the sweater and dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see your give away tomorrow! I love the outfit - you are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doesn't Leigh Ann just inspire everyone?! Seriously. And the belt with mxi looks so good on you! I am the only person in the world without a full length mirror. I might go back one of those college dorm ones this weekend. :)

    And yes, I'm just as bummed about the Cards... But look how far they made it without TLR and Pujols!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the maxi! You look beautiful! Yay for giveaways!

    ReplyDelete