Monday, November 5, 2012

Glo Run Recap and POTM Start

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYOOO. Yep it is Monday I am in a GREAT mood today. I had an exceptional weekend with SUPER fun runs and catching up with two of my best buds. I love running with friends. So I hope your weekend went well, too.

So... I wanted to first go over the fact that I didn't start the POTM challenge until Saturday morning - yep.. so I officially started on Saturday, November 3rd. I woke up early and met my girl Laura at Cliff Cave for a 5 miler - it was a beautiful run and morning. We caught up on each other's lives, I mean we hadn't seen each other since the Bieber concert, so we were dying to bash on the hubby's catch up on our lovely lives. After Laura and I finished, we parted ways and I went home to get ready for the Glo Run. YAY.... I was stoked to wear my new turtle neck Under Armour top and Nike pants.. I love new things.


I met my girl Bridget (this was her FIRST 5K), and I drove down to Forest Park for some GLO RUN FUN... It went a little like this:

Get to Forest Park - get out of the car while Bridget gets herself, and her 17 layers she had on, together. For real girl - listen to ME, not the hubs.. it gets HOT when you run:)


The DJ was dropping beats and I immediately wanted to dance:) Of course you know I did... but I went FIRST to the face painting booth to get "prepped".



After letting dudes cover my face and shirt in paint - it was time to get warmed up and PARTAY.




The race was 3.2 miles (if you don't know what a 5K is). We started in the dark with all of our glow gear on. The trail was VERY narrow and packed, I felt VERY claustrophobic, or like I wanted a scoop on the front of me, to scoop everyone up and throw them to the side BUT I am sweet, so I let it go. Bridget had to stop and use the lavatories around mile 1, so I waited with her. Bridget did awesome... about 2 miles in she had to take a SMALL breather so I asked her if I could "jet".. and she said "go for it". So I did. This race was NOT timed - it was all for fun... I finished and waited at the finish line for her - she looked a little like this...

I am so proud of YOU, you did so great. This is my bf and she finished a 5K. I love you GIRL.
We hugged, grabbed some snacks & water, and headed back out to dance. See.. if you follow me, you know my daughter is a dancing machine - where you think she gets it? She get it from her mama:)





We then hit up Nick's Pub, downed some beers (club soda and vodka for me) - then visited our friend Sarah on "The Hill" for a bit AND... I was home asleep by 11:00 p.m.. Yes, my name is Melanie and I am a Party ANIMAL - not..


Sunday I was going to run with Laura when I woke up - but I was tired and needed to sleep AND see my kids. I didn't see them at all on Saturday evening so I wanted to hang with my babes, then when Wes went down for a nap, I decided to get my running gear on and grin and bear it in the freezing cold. I hit the pavement for another 5 miles. YAY!!! So total since I started the POTM challenge, I have run 13.2 miles only 62 more miles to go to reach my goal of 75 miles. I CAN DO THIS!!! Oh if you haven't signed up for the Glo Run and it comes to your city - DO... it is kick a**! And...drop it like it's hot for me when you are out there.

Happy Monday Funnies

How was the weekend? Anyone run? How is the POTM challenge going for you?

30 comments:

  1. First off, props to you for running five miles before going to run a 5k later on! Knowing me, I'd say, Oh I have that 5k later, I don't need to run this morning. lol..

    And LOVED your Glo gear. That looks like such a fun race. Glad you were able to have some "Mama time"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That race looks so fun!! Glad you had a,good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. go you! only 8.95 last week for my 75 mile goal...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish they did things like that around my area, looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog - and youre inspiring with how much you love to run! I am starting my own couch 2 5k today - so nervous!! Good job on the POTM - I thought about entering it, but I decided to wait until the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously...in one day you ran more miles than I did in 3 days. LOL you're kicking butt, Lady! I really really want a glo run to come near me, but there aren't a lot of races near my town for some reason. I think in the future I'm going to have to travel to SF for fun races if I want to do them.

    Have a great week Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on all of your running!! So proud of your BFF! None of my friends will run with me :(. Occasionally my hubby will but other than that it is just me and my dogs... I get SUPER bored!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go getting 13.2 POTMs in two days! Thats awesome, all your runs combined you finished a half marathon. I bet you hit your 75 miles early.

    And the Glo Run looks like a lot of fun, plus you got to wear new clothes, I think I run better in new clothes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so fun!!! I am going to look and find a glo-run near me ASAP!! I am totally jealous of how gorgeous you manage to look while running, btw! you rock my socks off :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are adorable :) Thanks for the well wishes! It is good to be back in the blogging world and not sick anymore

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved reading about the Glow Run and way to go BFF!I literally LOL'd when you said "bash on the hubby's" hahah we all do it! POTM challenge is totally attainable, you go girl! PS LOVE the running gear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are ROCKING the POTM challenge! I'm so blown away by your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is totally awesome!! Way to go with 13.2 miles in two days! Jeesh. Wish I could say the same. Hope you had fun with the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are too cute! I only got in the 3.2 miles from my 5K for Week 1 and my hip is killing me so I'm at least going to walk some this week, if I can't run, and then I have a 5K on Saturday so I'll get a few miles in! My goal is 50!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go girl! That glo run looks fun, I'll have to do it if it comes back! You sure do know how to party, 11pm? Watch out! lol. I went for a run Sunday morning - that ish was COLD. That's probably why I still have the sniffles. oops. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're gonna have to save some prettiness for the rest of us! You look so gorgeous in that outfit. Great running start to the month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That race looks like soooooo much fun!!!! I love new things too, your outfit is totes cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look HOTT in your running gear! Great job- looks like thew glo run was fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had tons of fun girlllll! Way to go on kicking ass on your runs I can't wait until I can run 5 miles!!! Love your makeup too I think you should wear it like that every day! :)
    Gotta check if the glo run comes to Idaho or Utah if so I'm totally doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super impressed by your mileage this weekend. Go Mel! Your new outfit is super cute and I may just have to get me one of those Under Armor shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That race looks so fun!! I'm glad you had a good weekend. Reading about it almost inspires me to stop sitting around feeling sorry for myself! Almost :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, by the way: I nominated you for the Inspiring Blog Award! Check out the rules here: http://runnergirlrevisited.blogspot.com/2012/11/7-things-nominating-blogs-that-inspire.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that turtleneck. I've got a pair of shoes that match it perfectly. Looks and sounds like you had a good time. I see where Elle gets her moves and poses from. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So fun...there is a glo run here on November 17 and I think you convinced me to running it! Great job on the POTM - I'm hitting it hard this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm loving the pictures! And yay for Bridget for finishing, especially with all of those layers. :)

    You lok super cute in your new running gear. New gear always makes me want to work out more. And I hope you don't mind that I may hide in the porta-potties during our 1/2 marathon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. That looks soooo fun! Also I love seeing Bridget's blog cameos up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love it!!!!! Keep up the good work girlie!!!!

    ReplyDelete