Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm BACK!!!

AGH!!!!!!! I am back people. I have been "out of the loop" for like 5 days now. Philly was fab and I realized that I am not 21 anymore - so stop pretending:) I wanted to do a quick update - I know many of you follow me on instagram, so you may/may not have seen these.

Saturday - flight left at 10:25 a.m.

Arrived in Philly around 1:00 p.m. and took a cab drive to our hotel - I was in heaven - 100 MPH on the highway is MY style:) We hit up the lobby bar and had some grub, and this  was then followed by some much needed "Pawn Stars", "Storage Wars", "Gypsy Wedding".

Sunday we got ourselves up (I hit the gym for a 5 miler, squats, planks, and some shoulder routines) and off to Macy's we went - we shopped our tails off - I bought new black leather booties. Some of you may have seen the new blue skirt and top I bought on instagram. We visited the Reading Terminal, had lunch and then back to the hotel to get ready for the Meet and Greet.




The night then proceeded to a a few "other" places in Philly. I may/may not have stumbled in and hit up the market for a GIANT SIZE Kit Kat bar and chips, right before I passed out.



Monday was AWFUL to get out of bed - but we did. Headed to the conference, I presented at 1:15 p.m. and then a nap was in store for this mama. I HAD to make it OUT again that night. AGH!!!!!! So I snoozed a bit, then woke up and got ready for our "Wine Down" reception. We enjoyed some bubbly and smooshing and then off we went to Vallani for dinner (Mediterranean). Then back to a few "other" places as well. LOL


Killer to wake up on Tuesday AGAIN (see how there is no more running/working out in here - bad girl Mel). Headed BACK to the conference and had a full day - then back to the room to get ready AGAIN. We hit up the Capital Grille for dinner. I gnawed on a steak and out we were AGAIN. AGH!!! Now, Sunday I was missing my babies. Baby missing face right down there.


Soooo... finally woke up on Wednesday and lazily got myself and my luggage ready - grabbed a bite to eat downstairs and flagged a taxi back to "reality". Bathroom pic - haha. See I cannot rock 21 ANYMORE. Come on lady with the black leather jacket, you, my dear, are 32!!! LOL


Our flight home was fine and I was back in STL hanging with the family. Yes my 5 days of "non-reality" have ended and I am back to being "little ole me".

Now I am going to read some blogs, comment some comments, and get back in SHAPE! LOL See ya later Philly - next up San Diego in May. HUZZAH!

P.S. my girl Gina is having an awesome baby hat give-a-way over on her blog - they are so stinkin cute. Check her out.

What up?

So how are you? What is new? Get me up to speed?

24 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! Sounds like you had a great time and hey, at least you got one workout in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great!! (really love that outfit with the blue skirt!)
    I'm glad Philly was good. glad to have you back :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very missed Mel! I was wondering when we'd this post :) You look gorgeous and fab in every single picture- as usual! Welcome back lady friend and Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue skirt is amazeballs! I also love the leather jacket, you look super cute in it. Looks like you had a great time, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing time! And how gorgeous do you look in every picture?! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can totally rock the 21-year-old look! Whatchootalkinbout? And from the sounds of it, you can rock the 21-year-old party lifestyle fairly well (minus some rough mornings). Way to approach the business trip like a champ!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spending my mornings convincing teenagers that there is definitely at least 1 pair of acceptable jeans out of 30 in their closet. Afternoons trying not to kill the crazy lady in my office, and the evenings trying not to kill myself with high school algebra. Same story different week! Haha missed you around here glad you are back. Rest up pretending to be 21 will need it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're back! Yay! =) ... Sounds like you had a flippin' good time =) Way to party like a rock star, sista! And you look pretty damn good for a "32 year old", so 21 can suck it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl, I am a new reader/blogger saying HI! You seem to be a little ball of energy and inspire me with all the running you do! Go girl! I am also following you on Instagram (call me a super creep) and looking forward to seeing your kick your next race's butt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're back! Looks like your trip was a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can rock 21 better than I could..at 21! You are so beautiful and youthful, that's why I always say I want to be like you! Glad you had a great time but we sure did miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed your upbeat self! Thanks for the plug...hoping to hear some good stories from your trip...or is this it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving that black leather jacket! You go on and own that 21 yr old look! You can totally pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like you were doing just fine pretending to be 21 again! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay so glad your back and you could still pass for 25! Looks like you had a blast anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! It is so hard not being "connected" isn't it? I am trying to stay connected but enjoy time in FL too. Although I am missing my workouts like WHOA. Also - I need to register for the Santa North Pole Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loooove the black leather jacket. {and Storage Wars!}

    www.RaisingSteppeSisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you are back beautiful! Sounds like you had a killer time! You may not be 21, but you sure as hell DON'T look 32! You are too hot to trot! Woo! I'm sure you are glad to be back with the kiddos and E, and I'll bet they are glad to have you back as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back! It sounds like a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like you had a fab time! Yay! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you knocked it out at the gym while out of town. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay!! Glad you are back! Missed stalking your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Melanie! Adore this post, girl. The blue skirt and orange clutch are beyond amazing. Welcome back, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete