Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Evolution of a "Melkini"

Hello lovelies. Today was my last weigh in for the ML Christmas Challenge "thingy" and this girl was down NOTHING. Womp.Womp.Womp. - eh..I have lost a total of 10 lbs since I started this thing and I am 100% cool with that. Way to go TEAM - sorry I haven't lost anything in two weeks:( Eating right, running, and incorporating strength training is what I need to do - and I AM doing it. I am "thinking" I might need to let go of some of the boozing - boo:( Oh well, it's the Holidays and there seems to be a ton of that lately - so I retract that statement:)

Yesterday my boss and I were starting to look at places to stay when we head to San Diego, CA in May and this got me thinking. I am gearing up to put my mom body in a bikini this summer - now I haven't been in a bikini since BEFORE Elle was born - say 2006ish. I started to think about how after the kids I have been scared to death to put my body on display for the public... Now don't get me wrong - I love to take pics of my outfits, dumb faces, workout crap, etc... but parading around the pool/beach with my skin all exposed has me FREAKED out. Since the ML challenge is OVER - I decided to start one of my own. I have to take a break from the weekly weigh in stress or I would of joined the lovely Courtney's Diet Bet challenge. It starts TODAY.

So today I join the amazing Kassie (Southern Girl Gets Fit) challenge called #operationredbikini - hahaha. My bikini most likely will be BLACK - if you know me, you know I am all about the black clothes, shoes, undergarments;), accessories.... I am thinking a little number like this.... (I really like that fringe stuff)

Check it out HERE
Okay well now I am all freaked out again - but it is cute - isn't it? Sooo San Diego are you ready for this? LOL. Anyways... here is how my bikini days turned into my MOMKINI (Melkini) days.

Jamaica 2005 - yes I was STILL wearing a bikini... This was BEFORE kids.


Here is me right before I popped with Elle (2007ish) - this was not even a full month before I had her. OMG!!! Yes. Yes. Yes. that face is MINE.... Now I am rocking the "preggo swimwear". Sweet water retention - oh yeah:)


So after I had Elle I was back down to a nice size around the following summer, however I still couldn't bring myself to get back into to a bikini - so I basically wore this swimsuit hanging off me - WTH was I thinking? I don't even have a picture of 2008-2009 in a suit, because honestly I don't even think I got in the water. Ugh...

So July 2010 I had the Wes man and not even a full month later, I decided it would be a GOOD idea to have a pool party for Elle with ALL her classmates and their parents. Um.... WTH AGAIN? I stuck my "less than one month post-partum" body in this suit AGAIN in front of all these people and acted like "I don't care - I am a mom of 2 who is still all cracked out on hormones". I look so pleased in this picture.


Fast-forward to last year San Diego trip. I decided I needed a new suit. You can read about my adventure HERE. I just went back and re-read this post, and for real WHY did I buy this suit - a tankini with all that jazz on front - NOT CUTE. Oh well I guess at that point it made me feel good about myself ~ today it does not. Here is me last year in my suit in San Diego.


Alrighty then, we are back to NOW. I am DONE with the tankini. I know I am 32 and a mom of 2, but DANG IT I only have a few good years left before I am FORCED to wear these types of suits. I WANT to wear a bikini again and I don't have stretch marks on my stomach from the kids - so why am I so afraid? Ugh.. I need to suck it up continue planking my abs off and just DO IT. Confidence is KEY, right?
So here is to a great #operationredbikini challenge for myself and to squeezing my mom body in a hot fringe bikini in May!!! Keep on keepin on my friends.

Happy Wednesday My Friends
Do you rock a bikini? Water retention for you? Swimsuit ideas for me?

29 comments:

  1. Um, yeah... go ahead and keep posting shirtless pictures of your husband (and your sexy ass in a bikini - rock it mama!) Bikinis all around this summer! You'll find me rocking the old lady skirt being fanned by my cabana boy (a girl can dream, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this!!
    That bikini is so cute. I love the fringe part of it!

    I'm also one that can happily take pictures, wear cute dresses, etc..but a bikini in public take A LOT of courage. I mean, I have to feel reaaal good to be out there in that. It's all about confidence right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you girl! We will probably start trying for baby #2 in the spring so I def want to wear a bikini before I am all prego again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you're gonna rock the heck outta the new bikini! You've got this challenge in the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melkini! I LOVE it!!! you can do it! We need ot talk about this 100 squats a day thing. I can barely move- not even exaggerating. like it took me 5 minutes to walk down the hall to my office. Is it because I am THAT out of shape or am I crazy? Help squat expert Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you are a HOT MAMA! Rock that bikini! If I didn't have stretch marks and 25 extra pounds on my hips and butt I would totally rock one too. Sigh. Maybe later... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you are one hot lady. You can totally rock the fringe off of a bikini! I do love that suit! I am all in for #operationredbikini! Let's get it! Shameless pics to follow right?! LOL Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to be that lady at the beach were all the other ladies are things "Damn...she is a mom!??? I want a body like that and I don't even have kids" mmmhmmm mark my words Mel! I am totally in the #operationredbikini!!! (even tho I have no biz being in a bikini or the color red;)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that suit. Too bad I go nowhere near bikinis...haven't since high school, maybe even middle school. I've always had a bit of a weight problem and when I was significantly smaller, I always thought is look awful in a two piece. But I have some adorable one pieces.

    You will def be able to rock the bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait a minute, you don't have stretch marks?! Jealous, party of one, right here. I would love to be rocking a bikini next summer, but at this point, I'd be happy with a tankini. Love the fringed top, I can totally see you wearing that, you sexy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have stretch marks and totally rocked a bikini this Summer;-) It helps to be at your lowest weight to give you that confidence! 10#'s is awesome! You look great girl:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. UMMM that might just be the cutest swim suit ever!!!!!!!! I almost need to buy it now and hang it as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, you can get into a swimsuit yesterday. I'm not sure what else you think you need to do crazy lady! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unfortunately for me my lil one ruined my tummy, but the hubby doesn't complain. I'll keep working on it though matter what. At least I'll be a hottie with clothes on :-)
    Im pretty sure you could rock that bikini now!! Hottie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG I can't even imagine a me + bikini at this point. And what is all this planking stuff? What muscles does it work?

    Girl you look good in all those pictures! You have nothing to be scared of wearing a bikini! Wish I was closer to San Diego (if I'm still in CA in May)!

    AND enjoy the holidays...can anyone really get through them without booze?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can do it!!! Great pics, btw!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've worn one bikini in my life and I had no business wearing a bikini at that point! I dream of the day when I could rock a two-piece that actually shows my mid-drift. It seems like a long ways away. You? You're very close, if not already there! You're going to kick this challenge's tail!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gaah gimme that fringe bikini!!! However, I don't think my A cup boobs would looks as good as that model's does! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You totally don't have to weigh in weekly at this challenge! Just starting and ending weight! Join!! :)

    Also, I totally wore a too-big tankini last summer. I might have to take part of this operation bikini challenge. Except, stretch marks- I haz them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 10 lbs is awesome - and I LOVE that fringe bikini!! If only it came with the models body too...

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're already hot mom status. Girl its all in your head Im sure you could rock a bikini now and look great doing so. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wear bikinis. Just not in front of anyone I know except my husband! There are some things the world should not be exposed to...this body!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl you can total rock the bikini!! I am hoping to as well in April when we head to FL after the half... I remember on our honeymoon realizing that I really did have a good body. It was way better than alot of others out there on the beach... It wasnt perfect, but that is really a rarity! I still need to remind myself of this constantly... and now the stretch marks and loose skin do not help things... but I hope to be living confidently in a 2 piece for a week come April!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh and I love throw back Elle! What a little cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ok, ok, I wanna join! Operation not wear a t-shirt over my swimsuit at the pool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Damn, I thought this post said Meltini, as in a new martini recipe you were sharing with us!! Haha! Swear!!!

    Anyhoo - you rock that bikini this summer! I'll totally do it with y'all!!!

    Love you!!!! Keep posting pics of that hot hubby!! Meeeeoooow!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Way to go on 10 pounds! That is awesome. Also, you were an adorable pregnant lady!! Elle is as presh as ever and so tiny. The fringe on the bikini is sooo rad! Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry, but pretty sure nobody looking at that first pic of you and your hubs was looking at you in the bikini - just sayin' ;)

    You look hot after 2 babies and you have no stretch marks?! Now you're just bragging! Ha! You rock that bikini girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Goo luck girl! You can do it! I wish you the best of success to get bikini ready, which by the way to me you are girl. I would totally walk around naked with your body.

    ReplyDelete