Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Day Late...

It's Thursday and here we are again. Woke up at 3:50 a.m. - yep I DID people - I even have my girl Lora to back me up on this one -  #4aclub right "hur". I ran 5 miles and pushed out some planks, all while listening to some good ole dirty rap. Too Short, Lil Troy, Warren G, Eazy E, Tupac, etc... were spittin their best "woman are bishes" rap - and it made me smile all morning;) AND... I even knew the words to 97% of all the songs... with Too Short's "Don't Fight The Feeling" being one I can remember EVERY word to. If you have never heard it - google it, youtube it, whatever... BUT if you are NOT into "this kind of" music, I probably WOULD NOT...

Anyways... not sure how this is going to lead into Darci's Santa Fail Link-Up ~ but rappers love a good lap sitting too;) Sooooo... here we go. I found ONE picture (Elle) - the one of Wes somehow was mysteriously misplaced from the office (E found it, he was IN the picture, and didn't want me to put it on the blog). Can we scream FUNKILLER anyone?

button

So my kids loathe Mr. Claus. Elle is 5 now and I took her the first year, second year (I had to sit on his lap - yeah... the picture was AWKWARD - sorry couldn't find it), and then the 3rd, 4th, and this year I said "WHO CARES". She hates him, she sees him from a distance and cries. On Christmas Eve she makes me stay up until he arrives and brings her gifts because she "doesn't want him NEAR her room". LOL... No for real, on Christmas Eve I say "okay he was here" and then she goes to bed. WHAT? I introduced Wes to Mr. Claus last year - he screamed and cried and E had to do some lap sitting - BAH! So this year we didn't do it... and there was NO drama.

Elle 16 Months Old - Frontenac Mall Santa (Best Santa around St. Louis)
So yeah... she doesn't like him and hasn't since day 1. Oh well... If you think about it - a big man, with a giant beard, in a red suit, goes down the chimney in your house, walks around, eats your food, etc... but he DOES leave gifts - so that is a PLUS. So there you have it - Linking up...

One more thing - I posted my OOTD on Keek today... yes I have become somewhat addicted... If you want to find me I am @4kottez. I post boring update videos - sometimes at home, in my car, at work, etc.. Tonight is the kids "Jingle Bell Ball" - they will both be performing Christmas songs with their class and you KNOW a keek will be coming on that one:)

Thursday Out...

Keek yet? Do you have a funkiller in your life? Love yourself some Old Dirty B?

15 comments:

  1. baaaahaha I love your choice of music. We have too many similarities :D
    WAY TO GO on getting life moving that early in the morning. wowee.

    awwww that picture!!! Santa looks pretty darn proud of himself. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was just rapping some Makaveli to Jeremy the other night and he said I should keek that instead of making fun of him saving empty boxes for memories.

    Good job getting up early girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some ODB! Annnd my husband can be a funkiller too :( I may have to join keek so I can see your OOTD's, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love some too $hort and tupac in the morning lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EPIC. The things we do to our poor kids. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks beautiful! I love your blog too! :) Good job on waking up that early! I could never do it! How long was your longest run? You said 5 miles like it was no big deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have to tell her he came, too funny!!! I'm guessing she won't believe in him for many more years, might give you more sleep on XMas eve if you just tell her the truth! :)

    Aw, keeking. I need to jump on the bandwagon, don't I? If for no other reason than to see all your awesomeness on there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for your keek tonight! My nephew is terrified of the Easter bunny. Like don't even mention his name- how strange huh?! I love that pic of Elle! Too funny! Hope you're having a great day Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I have a text to prove that you got up...great job! what I want to know is how you run in the morning in the dark...oh wait, I'm guessing you do it on the dreadmill? okay, I don't have to worry about you getting mugged while dancing/running along to Too Short. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha Easy E and Tupac! I listened to all that. Thanks to my older brother. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so funny about your kids hating Santa Claus and Elle making sure he doesn't come near her room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GIRL. What time do you go to bed if you are getting up at 330am!? I'd be damn near zombie-status if I woke up then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Elle doesn't want Santa near her room! Lol! That is awesome! Girl has a healthy mistrust of strangers, if you ask me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picture of Elle crying on Santana lap makes my heart hurt. Eve has seen 'Santa' 3 times so far. She squeals and runs full speed to him and then as soon as she sits in his lap she calms down to epic proportions and we can't her to smile for a picture. It's like she's ready for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's too funny that you have to wait up for Santa! Hey, whatever works! :)

    ReplyDelete