Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday Ramblings....

It's Tuesday and you all can say it with me "my LEAST favorite day of the week" - but things are looking up today;) It's raining which I LOVE and I made it through the nightmare that is Northbound HWY 270 - blah... Why when it rains do people turn into jack knives? Just drive, slower okay, but STOP slamming on the breaks... Anyways....

Soooo yesterday was an EPIC day for me - I think I have been lost in the blog land. Just ask Holly and Aly - when they told me about the Pioneer Woman - I was like who, what, when? Yes I am a bloggers nightmare - but I am learning - slowly but surely. Well I have heard FABULOUS things about this lady named Nancy Clue - so I decided I needed to find her and see what she was all about. Well...HOLY HE** - where have I been? I know you are all shaking your heads like "Mel what is wrong with you - get with the program." For real - her blog, HER, her stories... ARE why I joined this blog world. Two words for ya - Sister Wives right "her". LOL... I was on her blog ALL day catching up and I want MORE!!! Thank you lady - you are now my new obsession and I LOVE IT AND... I will be sharing E with you FOR SURE.


On another note, I am also in love with my new Express dress that I bought on Friday - thank you Kim for the help on this. She sent me the link on Thursday and I loved it. I bought it in black - but they have a few other colors, so I will be heading back in to swoop them up. They are so comfortable and you can dress them up or down.
STL Blogger Dinner Night on Friday - Dress it up...
Sorry - looking like death today... Dress it down.
Onto the world of fitness. I am LOVING the MerryPlanksmas fun that is going on in the blog land. Thanks FatChick2FitChick - I am having too much fun, following everyone and planking my a** off. I have REALLY been pushing it and feeling okay... until yesterday when I couldn't move my sides or lower back and popped Advil like it was going out of style.

Yesterday's Lunch AND Dinner
So this weekend I got in a great 6 mile run, 2 strength training workouts, and started the #merryplanksmas challenge. Monday woke up at 4 am txt my #4aclub buddy Lora and rocked out 4 miles and some more planks. Now.... today I fully intended to get up - but I DIDN'T - so I will be doing my workout tonight after the kids go to bed. I was tired, my body ached, and I had nightmares about some guy with a stocking cap, trying to break into my house to eat "Pinwheels" - so I decided to sleep in;) Anywhoo... I read this on twitter (I am #4kottez if you want to follow) the other day and LOVED it - so I had to post it. This pretty much sums me up....


And... for your daily dose of the Waterkotte kids - this is for you Kassie girl...


Tuesday Schmoozeday - enjoy...

How is #merryplanksmas going? Great quotes you love about fitness? Fab dresses I should know about?

25 comments:

  1. I constantly forget to plank. It's great to read blogs because when I'm reminded, I drop immediately and do them..thank you!

    Love the dresses on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh love Nancy Clue!! I could laugh for hours reading her blog!
    I am also really having fun with the December challenges, gets my butt in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love Nancy in blog-world, you will want to eat her face off when you meet her in person! She is great!

    Are you doing the DietBet? Yesterday was my first #merryplanksmas plank and looks like I'm going to be doing today's at work, along with my 35 squats!

    Still jealous I haven't met you! :-( We need a blog girls weekend in like KC - that way you and Holly can come and Nancy Clue and Molly and Me - and whoever else! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tights? Where are they from? I'm planking it like the world's gonna end in 17 days!! Love the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started to text you this morning but then realized I wanted to be lazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where in the H have you been?? :) For real, I'm with you! Nancy Clue is the reason I love blogs! I told her to write a book! She cracks my $hit up!! LOVE IT! And that dress.... I may have to check out our express... it's fabulous!! Happy Tuesday! STL, IND blogger hang out this spring? HOPE SO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently I was living under the same rock. I didn’t know about Nancy Clue either but wondered about her after hearing Holly mention her. Thanks so much for leading the way I’ve been hooked all morning :) While trying to plank! Also lets skip Tuesday (its my least fav too) and I think a 4 day work week is much more appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I KNOW! Her writing is so awesome, I love reading!!!!! You and your 4am workouts, zzzzzzzz wake me up at 5 which is a DECENT time NORMAL people get up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy Clue is the best!!! I love her and she's freaking hysterical! I am obsessed with that dress and your textured tights! You are looking super fiya friend! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy Clue rocks my world!!
    Jumped on the #merryplankmas bandwagon last night! wooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love me some Nancy Clue and love me some Waterkotte kids. Wes looks like he is loving every minute of that smile lol

    And one last thing...you look like a hot mama in that dress! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is this planksmas you speak of? I must investigate!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to check out merry plankmas too!! Woo, core work!! You look great, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Planking is going well except Hope totally did a one minute plan like nothing last night... out planked by my 13 year old.... dang.. have you seen the squats one? Thats why I am eating advil like swedish fish and barely walking today.

    Have you shopped kiki la rue?

    I like this one I saw recently: You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow, You choose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post! I love the dress and just may copy you! And I enjoye reading about how you're rocking the workouts! I need motivation to get back at it, but with this virus thing, I just feel too weak (but not too weak to go to work or grab drinks with friends, apparently)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great quote! And I have the worst road rage about idiot drivers. The first snow fall is the worst. Seriously, we live in Iowa, it snows every year, you can't forget how to drive in that stuff!!! Grr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Nancy Clue!! Where have you been?! Lol! And I'm completely in love with that dress and might have to go pick one up myself, you look great in it!

    I have yet to join the planking fun, probably because I'll fall over after 2 seconds and feel like a loser! But maybe I'll try one tonight. You'll have to check up on me on Instagram to see if I actually did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still can't believe you didn't know who the Pioneer Woman was. (hangs head in shame) Obviously, one of us has too much time on her hands at work to go out and read blogs.

    I second Darci's suggestion to have a blogger weekend in KC! And now that I know that she lives here too, I have found a new person to stalk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just found out about Nancy Clue - She is hilarious! You looked hot at our blogger meet up, thats probably why the magician came over!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Nancy Clue from the moment I read one of her entries-- and I have been hooked ever since. Girfriend has a gift of gab, wit, and snark. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The dress is phenom! I am a fan of a great black dress that has multipurpose

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am bookmarking this page and coming back to it any time I'm having a bad day. HOLLA FOR THE LOVE! I am crying now... not even about to lie. You bitches all rock. Thanks for the shout out and now I have it writing that you're going to share your fucking rockstar hubby with me. Yum, yum, gimme some. Spank away. I love you and am dumbfounded that anyone reads, let alone enjoys, my word vomit. Holy fuckballs. I'm feeling the love. Thank you. I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will have to check out Nancy Clue! Guess I've been under a rock!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the Fit_motivator quote - I will start following you and them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I didn't know about her blog either. Thanks for mentioning it. Can't wait to check it out. You are one of the few I actually make time to read these days- love ya!

    ReplyDelete