Monday, February 25, 2013

All Over The Place...

MAHUUUUNDAY BABY - back to the grind. Can it really be Feb 25th - for real? Where did February go - lucky I am not a fan of the month so SINARA - and thank GAWD for a short month. Today's post is going to be all over the place, so bear with me.

Half-Marathon Training - you know for my half on April 7th - yeah.... well if I don't get my bum in gear I will be dead by mile 8. So this week I am hitting it hard.. REALLY hard - it is time for "running Mel" to step up her game and kill it. Okay guys I am STICKING to this... I will be blowing up IG for accountability - but I do that often - so nothing new;)
Monday - 8 miles treadmill
Tuesday - Strength Train
Wednesday - 4 miles
Thursday - 4 miles
Friday - Strength Train
Saturday - OFF (Strength Train)
Sunday - 9 miles

After 10 Day Advocare Herbal Cleanse Update -  I am doing well. I do not get hungry that often and when I do eat - I fill up QUICKLY. Now.... yesterday I did eat a Root Beer Float at like 9 PM - hahaha. It was DELISH... But I am back on it today, minus the Swedish Fish sitting on my desk that I will be gnawing on later:)

Give-A-Ways - I will be announcing my give-a-way winner tomorrow - WOOT. In the meantime, head over to my girl Amanda's blog "My Very Own Modern Family" - she is giving away some cool stuff too. And the always "luscious Laura" from "Walking in Memphis in High Heels" is as well - I mean when is this chick NOT giving something away?;)

Bikini Time - Yes I have not bought my bikini yet for my #operationredbikini - I know I am a total slacker - just ask the teachers at my kid's daycare that STILL don't have their Christmas presents. So this weekend my mission is to BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY a BIKINI. It's on like Donkey Kong... Keep an eye out for IG... you know me, I like your opinions when I buy things;)

The Beats by Mel - download musts... hahaha... just a few I rocked out to this morning. "Is there anymore room for me".



Link-up - Thursday I will be linking up with the lovely Erin from "Homemade Happenings" for Erin's Love Story Link Up. It doesn't have to be about your significant other - it can be about anything/anyone, so I am going for it. If you are interested - link up with my homegirl.

button

And in closure - if you follow me on IG you already have seen this (sorry) if not - BOOYA!


Week ON!
How is your training going? Have your bikini all ready? Pretty Ricky fan?

24 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeed Pretty Ricky!!! Yeees that song is on my playlist as well! you go girl way to stay motivated, and congrats on your results from the cleanse!!!

    Toya
    www.kismetandkilograms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Pretty Ricky live! LOVE!! Oh and Ginuwine can get in my jeans anytime lol

    I am on day two of the cleanse! Thanks for the inspiration to get through it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice results! Will have to check out the new tunes too. You keep me so motivated! Shauna
    {www.shaunawyrick.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your bikini! I'll be stalking you on IG for sure haha...omg way to bring back pretty ricky and genuine LOVE those songs...whatever happened to them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks for the sweet shoutout, and you are seriously going to have to pick me up of the road in STL. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't have a bikini yet! Got a little more work to do! That's usually how I motivate myself... I hang my bikini up where I work out and that's my motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE me some Ginuwine! Good luck training this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking tankini and floral cover dress thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your training schedule looks tough, but you can do it!!! I can't wait to get back to running after a weekend of skiing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best beats in the world can't motivate me to workout today. I live in a part of Texas that is warm and awesome about 80% of the time. We had a blizzard come through last night. Ugh. I am NOT made for this kind of weather. The only thing getting me through today and part of tomorrow is knowing that I may have won the contest.haha
    Thanks for the jams. Maybe they will get me out of my seat for a minute or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a rootbeer float too! Dang it. Getting back on track today. I'm behind on training, but I got a treadmill this weekend so I'm going to be spending a lot of time with it since the sidewalks are non existant and its going to rain/snow again. Dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh boy...love me some pretty ricky! I'll be watchin out on IG - you got this half training!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty Ricky fan, not a bikini fan! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. 8 miles treadmill? ugghhh where do you get the strength? What do you watch or listen to to make it through such torture?

    ReplyDelete
  15. kudos for you for hitting 8 miles on the dreadmill... I couldnt do it... I have never done more than 3.5 on that thing... you are going to be a training beast this week! i on the other hand usually work out at lunch and have meetings every day but Friday this week... so heres to trying to get them in after work!

    thanks for the new jams! I love music/workout suggestions...

    I dont have a bikini because my #operationredbikini is a pants size, but i have a few pairs hangin in my closet and i am well on my way now that giving up junky carbs has me losing weight again

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damnit, if I wasn't going to be in Florida on the 7th, I would come with my signs and noise makers and cheer you on!!! Have you ever run the Cardinal's Care 6K? My sis does it every year and I am thinking about doing it. This year it is on August 18th.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll just be living vicariously through you as you try on bikinis. I'm not there yet. And only a few more weeks until your half! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate February too - bad month - so glad it's almost over :) I will be linking up on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes it is 444 and I am STILL working well i took a break to read your blog first. UGH! Pray I get a snow day tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow !!! wonderful i love Ricky!!! nice

    ReplyDelete
  21. How do you run on a treadmill. I just started couch to 5k, and doing it on the treadmill makes me crazy. So I do it on the track at the Y until the weather gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. acute fatty liver emedicine acute fatty liver emedicine acute fatty liver emedicine

    my web page; fatty liver disease treatment diet

    ReplyDelete
  23. rosacea doctor Shermans Dale

    My site ... rosacea treatment Dow

    ReplyDelete
  24. treatment of tennis elbow exercises

    Also visit my web blog ... physical therapy exercises tennis elbow

    ReplyDelete