Monday, February 18, 2013

Fun, Flirty, & Fabulous 5&5 Recap

It's Monday baby and I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST with the Fun, Flirty, & Fabulous 5&5 race this weekend. So let's recap...

Saturday my girl Laura picked up our bib and swag bag... I did some strength training on Saturday and hit my legs HARD... Also... note: I am STILL on the Advocare Cleanse - woot!!! Day 7 baby...

Sunday was RACE DAY. I ate a whole wheat tortilla that had 2 scrambled eggs in it, drank my pre-race coffee, and chugged a ton of water - NO CRAMPS is always a win... My pre-race pic...


Laura and I met Holly and Kim and away we went in Kim's stellar van to Forest park. YAY YOO! The weather was chilly but PERFECT. We did some major warming up, with the awesome women there, to some top 40 beats... I rocked out with my earphones on to some TECHNO. Yes I chose Techno for this weeks race... I will be going back to my dirty rap... it makes me legs move faster;)

The race was great - mile 1-3, fairly flat/downhill and beautiful scenery with Art Hill, Boat House, etc... I love Forest Park. The race was a loop so when you got to mile 2.5 - you turned around to head back. Mile 4 was a hill and I am not going to lie, I felt shaky, got goosebumps, and was like "yep I am going down" BUT I didn't. I pushed through. I REALLY think this cleanse and the lack of certain carbs REALLY killed me on this. I am not used to training with this cleanse - so I am blaming YOU Herbal cleanse;) LOL... Okay well anyways, I made it and finished in 45:50. Here are some shots of my girl Laura and I at the finish line.


Yes I throw up peace signs at the end....
Well... Kim kicked all of our butts with a time of 42:30 - that tall drink of water runs like a demon. I love her dearly and am SO PROUD of her. Holly did AMAZING - she ran the fastest she EVER did in her life and I am SO PROUD and stoked for our half in April.

After we hit the finish line - we immediately picked up some water, apples, bananas, protein bars, etc... and sat down for a bit.


This was a great race, great weather, and FABULOUS company. I would definitely run this one again MINUS being on the cleanse;) Well...onto the next race we will all be running together. It is on March 16th in the downtown streets of St. Louis - it is the St. Patty's Day 5 Mile Run. Erin Go Bragh!!!



Happy President's Day

Did you race this weekend? What do you eat before a race? Music on race day?

24 comments:

  1. That's right my van is awesome! :) And I think I surprise myself with my speed.... It was actually 42:05 though.. get it right girl! ;) ha. See ya in a few weeks! We might be even faster knowing there is beer at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I love how happy we all look in that last picture... on our runner's high...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and on no carbs! It's amazing you crossed the finish line :) Love all those pics too, getting me stoked for my March run :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!!! I have a run coming up this Saturday... and I am nervous... looks like yall had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so fun! And how do you look so pretty while running - not fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You girls did great and should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HAVE to do this cleanse. I can't believe you thought you were going to faint and kept going. Killer lady friend!! I can't wait to hear about your results! 3 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job to all of you! You are totally going to rock that half in April! I'll run with you in spirit on that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everytime I read Kims name I always thinking you are meaning me. Even though I really know which Kim it is. I am losing it I know. Might as well go on the cleanse and get yellow eyes with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabu way to spend your weekend. Love the swag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, sounds like you had a great time! And you DID have a great time--45 min? That's awesome! Makes me want to run an organized race so much! I'll be doin a St Patty's one too, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ladies are awesome. Period. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so awesome! I wish I could run with you guys!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Job Mel! You are a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You ladies look FAB!! I want to run with you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That shirt is SOOO cute! I can't wait to run my first race one day. Can it PLEASE be after Day 10 so we can find out your results?! I'm sure you've been dreaming about your first carb meal haha you got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on your run!!! Doesn't it feel great!!! Also, awesome job with the cleanse!! I'm thinking about doing it in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You seriously make me want to run faster... that's why you are a great friend! I can't wait for St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such a bad ass running that race while on a cleanse! Ony 3 days to go! You got this!!! Can't wait to see your results!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holla fo a dolla! Love some dirty rap. Lol. Great job on your run! I think I may have to try this cleanse out. Although I don't know if my hubs could handled more bitcheyness from me. Lol. Since cutting out carbs in the pm and limiting sugar and no soda. Lets just say I'm a little tense. Lol

    ReplyDelete