Thursday, February 28, 2013

Love Story Link-Up

Let's talk about LAAAAAAAAHUUUUUUVE, shall we? Today I am linking up with my great friend Erin from Homemade Happenings to share a "Love Story" with you all. I contemplated which "love" story to share with the world today? But.... I nailed it down to TWO... And... their names are Elle Rose and Wesley Charles.

button

Background: growing up I just KNEW I was NOT the girl who was going to get "married", have babies, and live a "Mom" life. I was going to travel the world, drink champagne in ball gowns, wake up in different cities, and be a "free spirit". You can see how WRONG I was... To my 18 year old self - you had NO clue girl.

After marriage - comes babies, right? Yep... that was exactly my thinking... Married in 2005 - Elle arrived in 2007 and Wesley in 2010. Truth of the matter is - I HATED being pregnant. HATED IT. Elle's was a breeze - Wesley's was horrendous. I didn't like carrying around all that extra weight, I didn't like people touching my belly, I didn't like swollen ankles, not being able to bend over and tie my own shoes, people talking about my "waddle", etc.. Ugh... it was not glorious to me. I know some people love feeling the kicks, hiccups, movements - it all made me HURT. Wes was a football player in my belly and had me in PAIN 24/7.

Man I hated being pregnant - sorry I am not sorry
So... here I was "not going to have kids" and "not liking being pregnant" - so was I all "oh I am going to love this mom thing" - I am being real, people... I was NOT. I was terrified and never SHARED a thing a day in my life. When I was pregnant I remember sitting on my stairs, in my old house, saying... "OMG what did I do?" ....and both of these pregnancies were planned. I was PETRIFIED...

Holy Belly -and arms, and legs, and bum, and face... ICK
Let's get to the LOVE part....
I remember going into labor with Elle (my water broke at work) yes, lovely I know... E was a wreck - he didn't speak and "I" drove us both to the hospital, IN LABOR!!! He was useless as soon as he saw me, and kept telling me that I "just peed my pants". COME ON!!!!! Elle's labor was a breeze - and out she came out in 3 pushes, at 10:15 p.m. on August 17th, 2007 and I felt a feeling that NO OTHER person in my ENTIRE life could give me.... it was unconditional LOVE... Her face, her belly, her tush, her crooked nose (from birthing), her tiny hands and feet were PERFECTION - nothing on this planet could of been more perfect. I held her so close and that feeling is UN PARALLEL. Yep my tiny selfish heart, grew like the Grinch's that day. My baby GIRL was here....

Elle Rose a few days old
Wes's labor was NOT a breeze - it was NOT FUN. I was induced at 2 cm's and 80% effaced - he was not progressing along they way "they would like", I had a HIGH fever, my blood pressure was UP, and I had oxygen masks on me - CRAZY!!! But... finally at midnight on July 2, 2010 out came Mr. Wesley Charles with a few pushes and that UN PARALLEL feeling hit me again like a ton of bricks. My baby BOY was here....

1st Bee Day
Well I love these kids with my WHOLE being - they are my EVERYTHING. I wake up each day and push myself further and further, so that I can better their lives. When everything else is going wrong - all I have to do is look at one of these faces and a smile instantly appears. My babies are my LOVE STORY... am I having more? - NOOOOOOOOOO;) was all the "not fun" stuff worth it? - YEEEEEEEEES!


38 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful story to start my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just touched my heart. I was just like you, wanted to travel the world and never thought I'd get married. Then I got married and now I am terrified to have kids. Reading this reassures me that it's worth it. I would love a little Wes-bumble bee of my own one day!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! i love it when your posts sound like things that come out of my mouth! I am absolutely petrified of having kids.... we are so undecided on them, so I will probably have a baseball team. I am so glad that you had those precious kiddos for me to look at everyday on IG and erase the images of kids throwing fit in the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and those two cuties! Way to make me cry with your Grinch analogy. LOL I am sap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "Love Story". You have some beautiful kiddos Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!! Its amazing what those little boogers can do to you! I dont have any of my own yet... but I was a good bit older than my siblings and remember when they were tiny like that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!! Kids are the greatest thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had an easy pregnancy with Leah and then hated being pregnant with Emily! It seriously makes me question wanting a 3rd bc. I honestly am not sure if I want to be pregnant again!! ... And E not driving you to the hospital cracks me up!!

    But I agree, the first few days with a new baby is the most amazing feelings of love! Nov 18th and June 6 are 2 of my favorite days ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KIDS...they win your heart 100 % . Got to love those little suckers. When I had my first I just knew that I could never love another as much as I love him. Then came along Miss Prissy, we are just as smitten with her as we were with him.
    I laughed to myself when you said you drove and not E. HaHa! MEN. Can't live with them, but you can't live without them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious. And Elle is your twin! Great story, thanks for sharing chica :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet :) Love your love stories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mel, you're such a good little mama! It's okay to not "enjoy" being pregnant! And your 2 loves are adorable...but you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cant not wait to hug your babies!! I love how you were real with hating being pregnant. I didnt mind it but it was definitely not my favorite thing in the world like people are all like oooo I loooove being pregnant blah blah blah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, I felt the same way when Cooper as born, I am scared that I won't love this little lady as much as I love him, but I've been told that it'll happen.

    Your kiddos are so precious - super cute, and you're a great mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your description of "that moment!" This has restored my faith in having kids. After dealing with my class of snot-nosed 13-year-olds last night (featuring one of the bitchiest girls I've ever experienced), I was so NOT feeling the whole parenting thing anymore. Now, thanks to you, Pete will hear all about how much I want to have babies over dinner tonight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such beautiful babies!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were such a cute preggo, though! ;) Such a sweet love story about your babies, there really is no other feeling quite like it in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that HATED being pregnant. Pregnancy is not for me..I love my kiddos but I don't think I can put my body through that again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely cannot wait to meet these two little beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hated every seecond of being pregnant. I want to punch those people who love it. It's just night right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! And I love the picture of you in Elle's baby room. You look beautiful! And I am not just saying that to say it either:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome post!! It is true what they say - there is no love like a mother's love! and you will never understand it until you are a mother. You're such a great momma! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this. You seriously have the most gorgeous kids! #theygetitfromtheymama

    ReplyDelete
  24. But you look so dang CUTE pregnant!!! Are you sure you couldn't do it just one more time?? :) Great love story, thanks for joining in on the fun! Oh, and I love how Elle's hair looks so perfect even while in the pool! That girl, I think I'd love her if I ever met her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet babies! Great love story!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww so cute! I love the color of Elle's nursery! Your kids def look like you too! Especially in the eyes I think :) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so sweet :) I love your honesty and love :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your honesty. All that being miserable for 9 months turned out to be totally worth it! You were a super cute pregnant lady though!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm just loving that little bee picture!! So cute!! I absolutely loved this and your little ones are SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this post! I hated being pregnant. I am convinced my last child wanted to kill me. I spent half my pregnancy with the little turkey in and out of the hospital. He's still worth it! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loved this! So sweet :) It's all the horrible things no one tells you about when you become prego lol. Check out my giveaway! HERE

    ReplyDelete
  32. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it
    to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and
    screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely
    off topic but I had to tell someone!

    Also visit my web page paläo ernährung

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow-your daughter is your TWIN! I'm sure you have heard that a million times before!

    It's crazy how different labors can be! I only have one and it was relatively easy - I am nervous for my second pregnancy!

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this love story Mel! I agree in that I hate pregnancy as well! 2 times is enough for me! Your kiddos are adorbs!

    ReplyDelete