Monday, March 11, 2013

I Am Awesome Because...

Finally a post where we all get to brag on ourselves - me, like the limelight? nah.. NEVER! LOL... One of my favorite bloggers and TRUE inspiration, Jennifer from FatChick2FitChick is hosting this fun and awesome way to FINALLY brag about ourselves. Link up for "Why I am Awesome".


I feel like we always complain about all the negatives in our lives - our weight, our relationships, our jobs, etc... now finally I get to tell you why I consider myself AWESOME... and that is because I don't take life too seriously. 

Everyone knows I love to run, workout, and try to stay healthy but you also know I will be the FIRST to admit I love to eat, drink it up, and have fun. We only live once and I am going to enjoy it. Yes I act a fool at times. Yes I dance, laugh, and try to get people to go along with it. Yes I play restaurant and get into imaginary land with my kids. Yes I talk with my hands and make animated faces. Yes I will run 11 miles and come back and eat a Kit Kat bar. I LOVE LIFE and I am going to enjoy it. Am I the one out doing weird stuff? - yes... Do I get loud and never stop shaking my rump shaker - yes... Will I go to concerts, shows, and run crazy runs - yes... Will I travel and soak up every minute of just being in the moment - YES! I LOVE LIFE AND DON'T TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY...

Sometimes I throw up peace signs at inappropriate places...



Sometimes I act a fool...







Sometimes I get all animated...




I will NEVER pass up a chance to dress up for Halloween...



My babies take after my "never take life too seriously" motto...










I love life and I am so glad I share that love with my kids... We have the best times...



Alright - there you have it... Awesome is my middle name!!!

Never Take Life Too Seriously - you will miss out on some pretty AMAZING things... 

Week ON!

25 comments:

  1. That's why we love you!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay yahoo, you are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super awesome! Another reason why I faithfully stalk... uh... follow... uh... read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great motto! Elle doesn't like that camera at all!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make adorable babes and what an awesome motto for life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great link up. Absotively posilutely! I have my bad days but I love being happy and joking around and being positive in general. I'm sooo linkin' up.
    I would share in on your choice of a KitKat after a long run except make mine some Rollos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that about you- being a foodie just like me. I honestly workout so that I can EAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! We all knew your awesome, I just glad to have yet another reason to think so! Thanks for linking up with me chica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable!!! your kids are awesome! you can tell from the pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great post! You are a true beauty, inside and out. It shows in your pics, just how much you love the life you have made for yourself. Your babies show it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post- you are awesome for it! That Elle is so your Mini-me! Happy Monday Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are awesome and I feel so lucky to be able to call you a friend. I love your spirit and your "funness" (it's totally a word) and that you instill that in your kids. And the random peace signs are just an added bonus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are awesome!!! !love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the pictures! You ARE awesome, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are pure awesomeness, Mel! i respect anyone who loves to get a little crazy and shake what their moma gave em! what is the point of taking life so seriously, anyways? we aren't going to get out alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You rock!! Cherish every moment!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great advice! I love the peace sign pic and your kids are the cutest little people!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are awesome! !! This is why we love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You definitely are awesome my friend! Did I miss the Memphis recap somewhere??

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you are awesome, because you are one of the nicest people. Plus you are a cardinals fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wesman and Elle are so adorable. They look like they are little characters.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love that you don't take yourself so seriously and you have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You ARE awesome and I think your kiddos are too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are SOOOOO awesome & you've made cute kids! I love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete