Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Memphis's 11 Miles...

Monday Workout
     NADA - too tired... sorry I am not sorry.

Happy Tuesday everyone (the worst day of the week). Well if you follow me on IG, you will have seen my fun from the weekend. I won't recap the whole weekend, because honestly, well... yeah... HA;)

So let's get to the fact that I got my 11 miles in while I was in Memphis. If you don't know my half-marathon is in about 30 days. So... Friday night we went out on Beale and some other local places, divers anyone? We got back to the hotel around 1:30 AM or so (so... not that late of a night). Woke up around 7:30 AM and decided that I was going to murder those 11 miles in Mud Island. It was gorgeous out - 73 degrees and sunny - it was ON. Then E decided that he was not "okay" with me running around Memphis by myself - and wanted me to bring some pocket knife if I was going to go. Um... yeah... the pocket in my shorts is for my GU Chomps buddy - not some shank... So guess what??? I fueled up...


And... hit the GYM!!!!!!! Yes... let's recap my 11 mile run on the TREADMILL...


My view...


Finally after 2 hours... I jumped off and snapped a pic while no-one was in there... PROOF!


I did it though... 11 miles on the treadmill and the tv was not working - so I just looked at my reflection in the tv for 2 hrs. Fab right?... Thank GAWD I love music and no one was around while I was busting out some "RealMothaFinG's" (the worker guy, I think, liked my rapping;). My legs were killing, but I was so glad I did it. I then went back to the room to relax for a bit. These Procompression socks rock my world. I was scared to run in them - but they were great.


11 miles in the books baby... so glad... Here are a few pics you might not have seen from the weekend (the rest shall remain unseen). Memphis I will be back...






Happy Day

Did you get your long run in this weekend? Like divers? 

32 comments:

  1. I am glad that E talked you out of running around Memphis by yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOO! I did 9 miles on the dreadmill this weekend. Thank Jesus for DVR'd SNL with Justin Timberlake or I would have gouged my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine the boredom. That is dedication! Did the compression socks make a big difference? Would you say they're worth getting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compression has helped me with my calves, but I think it just depends on your form and the kind of soreness you feel.

      Delete
    2. I swear by them after long runs, and generally achy (I use tights and socks). I've ran in them, but they really decrease my recovery time and make my legs feel fresh like Spring! Hope this helps :)

      -Marcia
      http://yeartwenty-nine.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  4. 11 miles on a treadmill sounds miserable! You should be proud for doing it, but I can't fathom that myself, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't run...but I have plans to start soon. I have been working out and building up my general endurance, so I might try the couch to 5k program.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are amazing for knocking out 11 miles on the dreadmill.... ESP with no tv!!!!! I could not run 11 miles right now, but even if I could, I couldnt do it in that scenario... good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go!!! You're such an inspiration! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job girl. Thanks for the compression review I might just break down and buy a cute pair vs my grandpa white ones. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love Memphis! Good for you, girl. Love the socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time!

    Love the socks.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Serioulsy, anyone who can run 11 miles on a treadmill is awesomesauce in my book. I cannot imagine running that far on a treadmill. I HATE the treadmill. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time in Memphis, I need to visit there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a rockstar! No way could I drag my tired ass out of bed to run! Looks like you had a fabulous time! I LOVE Beale street and Memphis! Such a great vibe! BTW-you look amazing in your pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did your thang missy! Kudos for rocking out the long run on the dreadmill - I got in a little over 7, my knee popped and short hair called it a day. Ain't nobody got time for injuries!

    Glad you had fun in Memphis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sushi picture is killing me. I need some in my life, NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. 11 miles on the treadmill would KILL me! And if I'm on the treadmill and the tv isn't working I die a little inside. Staring at a wall is not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get 'em, girl! Way to knock out those miles. Especially on a treadmill when you had your mind set on running around Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate that you didn't get to run outside. I know that you were looking forward to it. At least you got to stare at your fab self while running. Home girl has got it going on, say what?? Yep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Treadmill or not, at least you got your run in! Love the socks, I've been debating about compression socks for a while now. Glad that you had an awesome time and made it back home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg I can barely do 4 miles on a treadmill with TV! Let alone 11 without!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG. I can't believe you ran 11 miles on the treadmill! That is crazy. Mud Island is totally safe. It's a park that's on an Island. We went there when we were kids, and we also took the kids when we went in 2010. You would have been fine. But, I am glad taht Eric was worried about you. That is actually very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are a machine! :) Glad you had a good weekend down there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would have loved to see you run with a knife and for people to not think you were the crazy one! HA! Love the socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woo hoo! 11 miles on the dread mill?! You rock lady! Sounds like you had a great weekend but I need to see some crazier pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You do rule, Garth. Also, I bought us some Irish mustache straw thingies from Target, for our green beer on Sunday. We will get a picture of everyone drinking with them-- including E. My goal is to bring him over to the dark side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. My husband would have been the same way. He made me carry a pocket knife when I went walking by myself at a campsite once. It wasn't awkward at all ;) I absolutely cannot believe that you ran on the treadmill for that long. Impressive! I feel like I'm going in to cardiac arrest after 2 miles, especially on a friggin treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So proud that you did 11 mies on the awful treadmill!! No way, I could do it!!! I look up to you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I so should have run that 11 with you downtown. I am a terrible blogger friend. I ran 8 late friday afternoon but now I really wish I had of met up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. 11 miles on a treadmill with no TV.
    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't imagine ever running 11 miles, let alone on a treadmill with no tv. You are amazing! And I can't wait to try some GU. =)

    And you look great!!

    ReplyDelete