Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mud, Miles, & Memphis

Tuesday Workout
     5 miles - treadmill - easy pace / 1 incline

I decided to start this little do-higgy up there for accountability for my running. So there you have it. I am going to start this every day.

I am sure you all know I am headed to Memphis, TN this weekend. The weather is supposed to be BEYOND stellar. Look at that Saturday weather - Ummmm... Heck YEAH!!!!!!!! This is MY kind of trip you guys... wonderful weather means CUTE clothes, walking from place to place NOT freezing, maybe some sun on my face, and it just puts me in a FAB mood.


So I have plans on Friday night with some cool peeps...Lora, Lindsey, and Janessa - I am talking about you!!! WOOT WOOT....

Saturday morning I have decided to get up and run 11 miles (yes that is my scheduled LONG run for this half marathon training) in Mud Island. I absolutely adore Harbor Town and really want to run along the river - so I am doing it... I have heard the route, round trip, is about 5 miles - so I will be doing it twice (and then some). Anyone want to fill me in on the elevation, miles, etc...? Anyone want to run it with me? Come ON - don't let this girl run solo!!!!!!!! Depending on how Friday night treats me - will depend on what time I go - LOL;) BUT... I am not going to skip this - I WILL run it.

Saturday night we have some plans up our sleeves... and of course that includes a fab dinner - I am thinking Flight (my absolute favorite) or Majestic (love it too). We shall see where the evening leads...

Anyways - Memphis is on my mind today... So you are getting an ear full about it.

With that being said - I received my ModCloth red maxi in the mail the other night. It was after happy hour - so of course I tried it on and pretended to be at the Cards game watching the boys... LOL... I am BEYOND thrilled with the fit, color, and comfort of the dress. Love ModCloth....


That's all I got today - Happy Wednesday

Run with me in Memphis? Flight fan? Order from ModCloth?

22 comments:

  1. Cute cute dress. The red is so vibrant! I don't work in a hair salon but you know I love me some black clothing(my main staple).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love lov💗💗💗this dress. I looked for it because I wanted one for the Fourth of July. Yep I'm a planner and i couldn't find it. Whomp whomp. But anyway you look amazing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love running along rivers! That is a short loop, so I hope the scenery is good enough to see twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dress looks gorgeous on you! Memphis is so fun!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still don't know if I have a babysitter for friday night....gah!!!! I hope you are bringing your bullet proof vest for downtown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use dailymile.com to track my mileage... I bike and it tracks those miles for me too, but on the website you can sort by activity type, its nice to see the miles add up! I started July of last year and love it! there is an app for the Iphone too called electric miles that syncs with daily mile and they have a thing you can add to your blog side bar too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, destination long runs...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so beautiful and perfect for baseball games! I'm excited for your long run along the river and anxious to hear about it. You're such a dedicated trainer...running after drinks! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is perfect! I love a good maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so hot in that dress! I'm planning on doing a 10 miler here... the weather is supposed tobe nice here too... hopefully. I don't think I can do 10 on a treadmill... Tonight I'm going to try to do 3-5. Ugh. I'm so over training for this race.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fairly flat but I can't believe you will be running in my neighborhood. What the heck?! While I'm out town. Tell Shane to keep you company lol. Y'all have fun Friday while I lose my money in Vegas. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha! Thanks for the shout out! It is supposed to be nice here all weekend. It usually waits til I am working! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I JUST now remembered that Laura will be out of town. I had to go downtown early one morning for something a while back and I actually saw her running in Harbor Town where you are talking about (and yes, I go through Harbor Town to go downtown just because it's that pretty!) You got good weather this weekend too! Last weekend wasn't as nice. The wind is pretty cool right off the Mississippi and that trail is like ON the river, so may have to wear cold weather running gear just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous you are going to Memphis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hеy there this іs kind of οf off
    tοрiс but Ӏ was ωondering if blоgѕ use WҮSIWYG editorѕ or іf уou hаve to manually coԁe ωіth HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Also visit my web site - Classicmusicinfo.Com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have a great time on your trip! I've never been there, but have heard great things. Plus, you get to meet up with some fab people. Love the new dress, it looks amazing and will be perfect for those hot summer games!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have fun in Memphis! I'm a fellow Missouri girl & found you on Keek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made some really good points there. I looked on the net to learn more about the issue and found most people will go along with your
    views on this web site.

    My blog post - paläo ernährung

    ReplyDelete
  20. The red dress looks fab on you!!! I hope you enjoy the trip to Memphis. Remember to party like a rock star.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So BEYOND thankful & excited for the nice weather headed this way!!!!

    ReplyDelete