Monday, March 4, 2013

Oh..yeah.. I am running a half in 35 days.

Yes I need to keep reminding myself that I am running a half-marathon in 35 days. I hit my training "harder" last week/weekend. Could I have swung more runs during the week? yeah... probably... but I didn't. So as you all know (IG followers) I did 10 miles on the treadmill on Tuesday evening - it felt really good. I watched Pretty Little Liars and busted out some Tupac jamz. It was not horrific... Wed/Thurs/Fri - nada... Wednesday I needed a "rest" day, Thursday Margarita Mama was back, and Friday I worked until 10 PM. So Saturday I woke up and decided to jump on the treadmill for a 4 miler - it was NICE.. Easy Breezy. Sunday morning, my girl Laura and I had a 10 mile run planned at Cliff Cave and we MADE IT! My legs started to feel "eh" around mile 7 but by mile 9 I was "back at it". I feel like I get a second wind around mile 9, but I decided I NEED my GU Chomps to give it my all the last 3 or so miles... so back to the running store I will go...

Here it is all broken down...
Tuesday - 10 miles (treadmill)
Saturday - 4 miles (treadmill)
Sunday - 10 miles (outside - flat)
It is what it is right? 24 miles total


I finally have my "mental" agenda for this half in April - it is to JUST FINISH. I am not going all "PR" on this one. I haven't been training like I should, and honestly it is probably going to be HOT as heck in April AND... I might die... So I am signing myself up for the MO Cowbell again in October and REALLY going after a PR on that one. Crazy cow people here I come - AGAIN.... My last half you can read about HERE.

I also went shopping for running attire this weekend - I may have a slight addiction to running clothes;) I pretty much LIVE in them besides work - so I like to buy, buy, buy.... I have heard all the RAGE about Old Navy's Active Gear - so I wanted to check out the "hype". I am not an Old Navy fan - their clothes just don't fit me right... but off I went with both kids in tow AND... I came home with these puppies...

Jacket from Old Navy
Sports Bra from Old Navy

Running shorts from Old Navy
So far so good. I wore the jacket this weekend and LOVE it... The kids also scored with some Spring clothes - see you go with mama - you will leave happy;)

I also decided it was time to purchase my FIRST pair of Procompression socks - so I did... I probably should of went with something a little more STANDARD, but I can't wait to wear these on the 16th for my St. Pat's Run. People are just going to have to deal with the fact I will wear them YEAR ROUND....

And FINALLY, on that note I signed up for Erin's Diet Bet (shesabigstar.com)... If you are interested - check her and the bet out HERE. You basically sign up for 15 bucks and the money goes to the "pot" - if and who loses 4% of their body weight - they win the pot. If you don't lose the 4% - your lose your 15 smackaroos. DO IT... I need some type of motivation with my San Diego trip approaching... So just so you all know "I AM IN IT TO WIN IT".

Monday Out
Procompression sock fan? Diet Bet - you in? Old Navy person?

24 comments:

  1. oh my, you are gonna get HOOKED on those PC socks. love, love, love them.

    Great 10 miler on the trust treadmill!

    Are the old navy shorts flattering?? I'm stuck on nike tempo ones and haven't bought anything else since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on fire! 24 miles in a week, I would not be able to walk. I think I need that jacket and I LOVE those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl! I'm struggling with training the last few weeks. I got in a 7 miler on the treadmill yesterday, I stopped a few times to check on dinner... but I got it done. Next weekend I'm aiming for a 10 miler. I'm SO out of whack with my training schedule thanks to this horrible weather. Doing speed work on the treadmill scares me so I have just been running a few miles in the mornings during the week. I really want to PR - But not feeling nearly as confident as I did a few weeks ago. BLAH. Thanks a lot Old man Winter. You suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you ran 24 miles more than I did this past week! lol so good for you! I just want to finish too...and be able to at least walk back to the car afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe you ade it through ten on the treadmill. I would die. For real. You're a boss! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never find clothes at Old Navy either...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up for the diet bet too! I cant believe you ran 10 miles twice this past week, you are totally ready for a half marathon! No sweat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could do the diet bet but vaca is right in the middle of it boo :( I cannot beleive you can run that long on a treadmill. You just keep reminding me no excuses :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those socks!! Old Navy is always hit or miss for me...mostly miss. Awesome job on the mileage :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to find a show I can watch on my iPhone while on the treadmill! Do you set the incline to anything when you're training for a race? I hear an incline can help sort of approximate the resistance you get running on the road...or something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job girl!!! I'm a pass on the diet bet. I'm not much of a gambler as it is but even with the mileage I'm pounding out and eating well I've never lost more than 7 lbs in a month and I would have to lose at least 8 lbs whomp whomp...so I wish you good luck and that you get all that $$$$.
    I'm a hit and miss with the ON workout gear. I love some of there maxi dresses! I do love gap fit's long sleeve keep me warm because it's hella cold where i love shirts. LOL. And keep me posted on the socks. I have some old man compression socks but cut off the bottom part because they weren't supporting my arches but love the support on calves. And I must bow to you because 10 miles on the dreadmill deserves a bow. I can't even do 2 miles on that thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same jacket and love it, but because its so cold up here I have only been able to wear it inside, not out on an actual run!!
    So what's up with the socks? What do they "do"? I'm doing my first half in may and am scared shitless, and don't really know what I need!! Including "snacks" like Gu. Guess I better get my shit together!!

    www.loveandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'll love your pro compression socks:-) 24 miles in 3 days isn't so shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your incredible. Only 24 miles?!! And 10 on a treadmill, I can barely do 3 on a treadmill. You're awesome. I can't wait to try the gu stuff. And I love the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I WANT to wear Old Navy clothes, but they are made for skinny gals w/ normal sized boobs. :) Some day...

    I cannot wait till I can say 'I ran 4 miles on the dreadmill'. :) You rock my face off.

    Random comment: I love that I can watch a Pizza Hut commercial and think "ew". :) (One was just on, thus the randomness.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your socks! You can wear them for so many things other than St. Patrick's day. You can wear them for any Notre Dame event, or if you went to Ireland.. Well, maybe not Ireland, they would probably think you were crazy!

    I seriously by so much St. Patrick's day stuff for the kids, because it is so much cheaper than ND clothes. You just have to be careful and make sure it doesn't say Happy St. Patrick's day. Then that would just be weird!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Gah! 10 miles on the treadmill?! I don't know how you did that!!!! And overall...your doing awesome with running! I love those socks! I have a pair that I wear after longer runs, they help with my achy legs. I tried running with them on, and I don't know - they just bugged me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite workout outfit is all old navy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE Old Navy's workout clothes! That is it however!! Love the jacket. May have to pop over and make a purchase!!
    Jeness

    http://andthatsbeautifultome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Old Navy jacket is the one that turned all my clothes pink in the washer, hope it doesn't do the same thing to you! I'm so excited to hear about your half!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I went to old navy this weekend and bought work out pants well capris and SOCKS!!! you shoudl be proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those socks! Shamrocks are my FAV! And I have the half zip from Old Navy and I freaking love it. I am going to get another one the next time I'm near the ON! Never tried the shorts or sports bras from there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wanted to thank you for this good read!! I definitely loved
    every bit of it. I have you bookmarked to look
    at new stuff you post…

    Here is my weblog; cimicide

    ReplyDelete