Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Pat's 5 Mile Race Re-cap

Sorry Vlog is going to have to be tomorrow - time got away from me last night and then I was up half the night... So tonight it is ON!!!!

Let's Re-cap the St. Pat's 5 Mile Race...

Saturday, March 16th was the St. Pat's 5 Mile Race. Here is a little background from Friday (the night before). Friday,  Eric got back into town after being gone since Wednesday and I had promised Elle to take her to the movies to see The Oz - so we hit the 6:05 PM show. Now, just so you all know I DON'T do the movie theater - EVER! I don't like sitting there in germy seats, missing portions of the movies if you have to use the restroom, listening to people cough and/or laugh weird, etc... BUT for James Franco - here I COME! And... I like weird movies and so does Elle...

I didn't get home until 8:30 PM and the Mizzou vs. Ole Miss game started at 9:00 PM - so I stayed up watching Mizzou blow it. Ugh... then I was up LATE LATE LATE chit chatting with some friends and honestly the night before race day - I don't sleep well. Soooo I set my alarm for 6:15 AM - I woke up, TIRED, and jumped in the shower. It felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO good - I haven't had a shower where kids were not running in and out, in FOREVER - so I stayed in there WAY to long and by the time I got out - BAM... I had 20 minutes before my girl Laura was supposed to pick me up..

I got ready super fast - threw some "after run" clothes together - slammed some water - and grabbed a banana. In the midst of the madness I forgot my pins for my bib, the bracelets to get into the tent afterwards, and basically my MIND in general. I was tired, not mentally there, and not wanting to race AT ALL.

We met Holly and Hubby Jack (Chris) at a commuter lot and off we went. The race was downtown and Kiener Plaza was hopping. People were crazy dressed up and all ready to run drink some beer. Read Hubby Jack's version of the day HERE.


We used the Johnny's and lined up - waited a bit and began the race - the 1st mile was a CLUSTER - I wish the walkers would of had to use the sidewalk or something - I felt like a pinball dodging everyone - it was CRAZY.


The course was pretty flat - mile 3 was uphill but it was fine. Rounded down the stretch and the finish line ended at Market in front of Kiener Plaza. I really had thought I did not run that well (I didn't know our time yet and honestly I didn't care)... Laura and I immediately hit up free beer tent - because that's what you DO!!!! Oh we Keeked the after run fun as well - gotta love Keek - I DO!!!


We then wanted to see our time - so they had these laptops set up and you punched in your bib number and VOILA... "eh" not too shabby considering I could of CARED LESS this race.


These ladies were in front of us, with their beer, waiting for their times - come on people if these WOMEN can run - YOU CAN RUN!!!


We met up with Holly and Chris (they were getting Holly's beer) and off we went to find the "tent" and the man with the bracelets. HA... It felt AHHHHHHHMAZING to get in the car and crank up the heat while we drove to 15th and Market, to get better parking. We finally found the man with the bracelets (apparently he looks like Stanley Tucci or the guy from Breaking Bad - he will be thrilled to hear he looks 50+). Minus the glasses, we get stopped often because people think he is Albert Pujols - I'm just going to go with that;) And... the fun began...




After standing for 3 hrs in a heated tent, drinking free beer, and shoveling a corned beef and cabbage sandwich, chips, and a hot dog in my face - I was D.O.N.E. It was getting super cold and mama needed a calf massage. So we headed home.. Good race, Good times, Good company...

Yes I will run this race again next year - it is one of my favorites. Next race on my calendar - MY HALF MARATHON. AGH!!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Great time! Looks like a fun race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn walkers. I hate it when races aren't sectioned off and the first 1-2 miles is sucky dodging the walkers. Glad to hear you had fun and had a great time even if you were tired. I still don't get the Stanley Tucci thing I don't see it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh...no. E is way cuter than Stanley Tucci.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look freaking glamorous even after your hectic morning! The "walkers" are an annoyance on another level. Come on people- get to the back! I WILL run you over LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your half is SO close! Thats so exciting! I still need to find and schedule mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's crazy to me that there are so many walkers at a 5-mile race (or, like, my 7k). I thought that was just a 5k thing. Please tell me you don't see that in a half-marathon!

    By the way, I thought your husband looked like Stanley Tucci in the pic on Holly's blog yesterday, but I wouldn't say that's his look-alike because that's the ONLY pic I've ever seen where there was a resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pace, girl! Glad y'all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great time, even after you rushed to get there on little sleep! And how do you look so awesome afterwards??

    Don't even get me started on people who walk races that stand at the front of the start line - what's your hurry? Not that I'm going to win, but it would be nice to not have to dodge people left and right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walkers should hang to the back...courtesy, people! Looks like you guys had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so wanna run a race with y'all! You find the funniest ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same way about movie theaters! Cute pics! Glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. um, I think my morning of the run started the exact same way! I totally forgot my bib completely... was super crabby bc of the weather and lack of sun... TIRED.... just did not feel the entire thing! :( We missed the walkers mostly bc we were right in the very front of the "yellow bib" group.. so no walkers, but we got passed CONSTANTLY bc all the speedy people. It was a bit depressing actually. .... and OMG the fact that our half is the next scheduled run! OMG OMG OMG! Ridiculous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and you still got a fairly decent time! Loved the photobomber in the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great time! Was the movie good? Did Elle like it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm jealous of your running...and drinking. Can't wait for April. = )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like fun! Have you ever gone to the parade? Is it fun? Thinking about taking the kids next year but I have heard mixed reviews ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like a ton of fun, You did awesome with your time. You're going to rick this half next month! I"m jealous of the beer drinking of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make that rock this half, not rick, haha

      Delete
  18. I positively love the picture of the old ladies! Sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a fun race! I couldn't run 5 miles if I tried, but I am training for my first 5K. We'll see how that goes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those ladies are adorable with their beer! I hope to be out there running still at their age.

    ReplyDelete