Monday, April 29, 2013

And...so I tell the Beauty Pageant Story....

This weekend I went out to the mailbox and found a nice little gem inside - a National American Miss letter stating Elle's eligibility... yeah... that brought me back... So now I tell you my Beauty Pageant Story - there is only ONE of them... so here it goes...

In high school I was homecoming queen my senior year (it probably was for the mere fact I was dating Dave) - but whatever I was... So each homecoming queen could attend this "pageant" and of course I went...


I drug my bff's Bridget and Beth along to Kansas City with me for this "pageant". I wanted to get out of STL and have some fun... So... we went and they went along with my shenanigans. We got to the hotel and these girls were all decked out with their heels on and such... I was in my Doc Martins.. yep - deal with it...

First up - Interview session... Apparently I thought the pale as a ghost, slicked back hair, dude look was in. Oh and my suit was way too big... HOTTIE!!!!


Second - Another Interview Session... Now I must of been feeling frisky because the RED SUIT look was supposed to get me somewhere, right? It probably didn't help I told the interviewer my favorite book of all time was "Animal Farm" by George Orwell - well... because in all my 17 years that is the ONLY book I ever read. Yep... I'm Awesome.. and I like talking animals...


Third - Formal Attire... Oh yeah.. Mel looked fab in her iridescent dress and super slicked back high hair - oh that make up - tres chic.. BAH!!!!!


I was taking this whole thing so seriously... with my bottles of booze in my hotel room and the fact I ran away from everyone every chance I could get... When I was supposed to be at functions - you could find me in Beth's and Bridget's room acting a fool. I wanted OUT... from the moment I walked in...

So I can honestly tell you - I lost.. and it most certainly could not of been because I pulled this face while up on stage... Ya think?


Well there is my pageant story - it's a great one... I went, I saw, I could say I "tried" but I didn't, and I NEVER once thought about doing it again... Now.. don't get me wrong I have NOTHING against pageants at all - and I admire those who can deal with the stress, but when I was 17 I wanted to be at the next Hotel Party... NOT in a hotel with a million girls discussing the hem line of our dresses and/or what shade of lipstick we were wearing for the next session.

So..... This sweet face right here... probably will have to chill for a bit... I don't foresee her as the next Honey Boo Boo - just yet...


On another note, I tried beachy waves this weekend and LOVED THEM!!!!!! I finally can do my hair and it's not STRAIGHT... So... tutorial this week. Yes I said it - now I HAVE to do it..



Monday OUT...

In a pageant? Fan of Red suits - not on Santa? George Orwell, anyone?

19 comments:

  1. I love the waves in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waves look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you were homecoming queen! I knew I detected a regal air about you! :)

    By the way, I'm still holding on to my chunky Doc Martins. They WILL make a comeback someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was homecoming queen too....we are like long lost sisters. except no pageants for me. I would have been the one waiting for you at the hotel party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pageant story cracks me up!!!!

    The beach waves are amazing!! Super sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beach waves! I don't think Elle could get any cuter! She is going to be a heartbreaker for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing story! I can't even imagine.

    And I have watched a few episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras and you guys are way to classy for that business :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty hilarious! and Elle is already way past pageants girl. She is the next big thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beach waves look amazing! Such a hilarious story, you should enter a mommy pageant with Elle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I participated in something a tad different in high school and college...speech and debate competition. In some aspects, the stress is very similar. The outfits did matter, ya gotta look professional. I enjoyed the high energy, quick thinking, and intelligent discussion between rounds. Certain events were not my "thing" especially anything drama related. I can kick butt at informing people and debating. Esther Norine Designs estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's hilarious! Elle is adorable, but I'm glad you're not turning her into the next Honey Boo Boo....although she would be a good meal ticket she'd definitely win :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melanie she looks just like you! Two beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beach waves look amazing and Elle is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay ya, pageants!!! Too funny! Loving the suits, totally mature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those beach waves! And you would totally win a beauty pageant these days but a fun one where you can laugh and make faces on stage lol. Tell Elle to forget the pageants and just take her to a Disney audition!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the beach waves... can't wait for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your beaches waves and the story. Hilarious!! I used to dress like that and was pale and the hair. Don't remind me of the nineties lol. She is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL!!! You are a pageant queeeeeen dahhhhling!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete