Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Make It Fun...

Hello everyone - it's Tuesday (the worst day of the week). Let's me start off my saying I was up ALMOST until my alarm went off this morning engrossed in Bennett (not the Cards. womp.womp.womp).... and the new book I bought last week, "Beautiful Bastard". I swear when I buy a book and begin reading it - I should just clear my schedule until the next morning - I read it in it's entirety. If you haven't put it on your summer read... DO - and if you are "into" these kinds of books - it IS A MUST!!!!

I DID my strength training last night - YAY!!! and... then I didn't wake up to run 5 miles this morning - FAIL... so I will be treadmilling it up tonight - eh... whatever I am getting it in... I know I get a ton of comments about how people don't like running on the treadmill - I get it. It CAN be boring but don't you make your workouts/runs FUN?... You all KNOW this girl does... I really do enjoy working out and running - I do get into ruts and/or wake up tired and cranky on a race day HERE or there...

But in all honesty I keep my running and working FUN LEVEL at a HIGH.... so the treadmill doesn't bother me. I definitely have ways that help me keep things fun:

I run with awesome friends - having a running partner or 4 is a great motivator....




I buy NEW and fun workout attire (this girl loves her some fun stuff to wear)...




I find other forms of activity besides running and strength training...

Easter Soccer Game....

Sledding with my kiddos

I psyche myself up for my workouts with great music and my own little solo dance party... If you watch my Keeks - you will have seen some dancing after my workouts...





I take my workouts seriously but I also enjoy acting a fool...




Make your workouts FUN - honestly.... then things won't be so boring... I like the treadmill - I put on some great music and just GO... I might shake my tush for a minute when I am "Walking it out" or I might get down with "OPP" for a few seconds - heck you can even catch me doing the "Superman". Have fun with your physical activity - it makes somewhat of a  "chore" MUCH more doable AND...you might even start ENJOYING IT!!!

P.S. Don't forget about Erin and my link up on Thursday... Come link up with us - you know you like spilling the deets on junk "in yo purse."

button


Tuesday OUT

What do you do to make your workout fun? Beautiful Bastard in the house? Linking up?

25 comments:

  1. I will now be singing "Walk It Out" for the rest of the day....Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to post your playlist girlie!

    Happy Worst day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knwo I be pumping up the jamZ to get my work out on. shoooot guuurrrrllllllllll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT post today, lady! I LOVE these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh yaaa! This girl loves running on her treadmill at home rather than at a gym outside. You KNOW I get my lip synching on and dancing breaks haha!

    Excited for the link up tomorrow! I WILL get up in the AM! I WILL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your cute workout gear! Of course you'd look cute in a plastic sack, so the gear is just the icing on the cake. I'll definitely be checking that book out. I need some new reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so inspiring Mel... I've totally neglected my running the last few months and am really NEEDING it back in my life. The snow has melted and I can get back outside now to pound the pavement and I can't wait to get back to it! Like, tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey hey hey! I saw you post a picture of that book on your Instagram last week and checked it out. Ummmm... Ive been up so late reading, but worth it. Finished lastnight, LOVE me some Bennett Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thanks A LOT! I'm reading Bared to You for the THIRD time waiting for the 3rd book to come out and now you're adding another to my list!!! Is he better than Gideon!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's supposed to be nice this Sunday? What are you wearing to run in?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sing while on the treadmill, can't help myself, and would much rather be making a fool of myself in private than in this small town of 1500. You know in a small town like that they'll all be talking about 'that whacko girl who sings while running'! Ha ha! Good post! Looking forward to the link up! I got a new purse this weekend and can't wait to show it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. my roommate and i played tennis yesterday...it was a train wreck bc we are both TERRIBLE, but we have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uhhh we would be UNSTOPPABLE as a workout team!!! Fun fun fun and a little booty shaking 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your "fun" tips - I completely agree, working out should be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your keek dances!!! ... and your daughters! :)

    Yay for fun workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg! I need to clean my purse now! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I still had a treadmill. I could run for miles with the TV on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The treadmill just kills me!!! I can only focus for maybe three miles and then that's it. Whenever I go to the gym for treadmill runs I have to be sure to go to the cinema room so I can watch a movie, listen to music, and run! I usually can run longer than three miles by doing that.

    And now walk it out will be stuck in my head the rest of the night!!

    Katherine
    www.keepingupwithbeasley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You should post a play list of what you had going during your run this weekend! I'm struggling with my music right now, it seems I skip every other song to find one that will keep me moving!
    Good luck on the run!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What is the storyline of that book about?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the workout tips! Keeping it fun and mixing it up is a must! I will be checking out this Beautiful Bastard you speak of. Just finished Bared To You and you know I think I know why Gideon > Christian. 1. You can touch him. 2. He does not willingly want to beat the crap out of you. 3. He fell in love with a blonde. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can we please get a picture of Laura in regular clothes? Hhaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You crack me up with all your silly faces..Good luck with your run!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok really anytime you workout you gotta have a dance break!! I totally do this during my runs. Maybe I'm acting a fool and maybe I've had people bust out laughing. It's all good in the hood because secretly I'm a Destinys child backup dancer. Ha ha. Great post girl!

    ReplyDelete