Monday, April 1, 2013

Run to Win...

I am BACK baby... My half-marathon is THIS Sunday - am I excited? I wasn't....up until this weekend when Laura, Holly, and I knocked out 10 miles on Grant's Trail. It was a great run - we talked the WHOLE time and it went by SOOOOOOO quickly. I AM ready as I will ever be - I might NOT have trained really well for this race - but I am doing it and I am going to give it my all....

There are so many great people coming in for it this weekend - so the festivities and great company are going to be endless. You all KNOW I will be IG like crazy - my weakness is IG (and Catfish) . LOL... We have Friday night shenanigans planned, a Saturday carb loading extravagance, and some HOOTERIFIC woman to hang with after the half on Sunday. Now.. who wants to come and stand on the sidelines at mile 12, in  downtown St. Louis,  and hold a sign that says "Your almost to Hooters and Holly's almost to retirement".

On that note - I wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU to my girl Andrea from United States of Andrea - I few weeks ago I won this awesome give-a-way she had... and I received the package a week ago.. It was FULL of running stuff - YAY - my FAV!!!!!



Isn't that box the cutest EVER... Inside were these awesome surprises - MINUS the bag of Swedish fish that WAS in there, but I ate it in about 2.2 seconds after opening it. LOL... Shot Blocks - my new fav energy fuel for my long runs. GU Shots (3 of them), an awesome aqua chevron Brady Band, Hair ties that are adorable, an awesome sticker AND.. a hand held running bottle. LOVE IT... Thank you Andrea so much.





I used the Shot Blocks this weekend on my run and LOVED them - gentle on the stomach and really gave me a boost there at the end. I am in LOVE with the Brady Band - it really keeps my hair in place and does NOT hurt the sides of my ears where it lays, like some other bands do. The running bottle is great - light weight and easy to use.

My week before the half-marathon training goes a little like this:
Monday - Strength Train
Tuesday - 5 miles
Wednesday - Strength Train
Thursday - 5 miles
Friday - 4 miles
Saturday - LIGHT Strength Train
Sunday - 13.1 MILES BABY!!!!!

One more thing - the awesome and ever so talented Erin from She's A Big Star and I are hosting a fun link-up on Thursday - We want to know "What's in Yo Purse?". Spring's here and we need to know what are some of the fun things you are carrying around - so let's have a Purse Party!

 
 
Monday OUT

Brandy Band Fan? Shot Blocks? Hooters wings?

24 comments:

  1. Who isn't in love with Catfish? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you like the Brady Band, they are my favorite.. Looking forward to your linkup on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try the Brady bands. I have the bic bands and they slide out of my hair. Totally linking up on Thursday. Awesome job running. You'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. The purse link-up might be interesting. My purse weighs like 15lbs haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont know what you are talking about not training... I have been watching you post about long runs every week! you are READY for this and are going to rock it girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super excited about this weekend!!!! (except for the running part....)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Shot blocks! Find the Orange flavor it's got double the caffeine and will really help you kick into high gear! I can't wait to hear about ya'lls half! SO jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for winning!!!!!! Happy Monday my love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ladies are going to be amazing... wish I could be there cheering you on at mile 12!! Hooter's? I'm all set with the wings... pass me some fried pickles instead!! LOVE them! Can't wait for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, I'm with Erin, love me some fried pickles! Congrats on winning, it looks like you got some great stuff. Brady Bands are awesome, I got all the girls one for Easter.

    I may be able to come this weekend, just trying to work out the details. If so, I will be holding up a great big sign for you! Or a cardboard cutout of Bill Clinton for Holly. Tough call.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck this weekend!! You will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that link-up idea!! Count me in :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you guys had a fun run! I'm excited to hear how it goes on Sunday!! I only wish I could make the trip out there to see ya'll. Have a great time! I'm going to try so hard to join in your linkup on Thursday, sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like its going to be an awesome weekend! Love the link up idea - Will definitely be linking up on Thur!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for this weekend (minus running lol.) You look so cute! Love that chevron Brady Band! What a nice giveaway you won!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I'm not even sure what's in my purse! I use about 3 things in it and ignore everything else, yet it's huge and heavy! We might be opening Pandora's box, Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so jealous of the fun you had last weekend and will have this weekend with some awesome girlies!! Minus the running part, ha ha!! How far do you and holly live from each other?

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh girlie you are an inspiration. I enjoy excersing but I can't keep up with the running - but I wont give up!

    Also, I think we are meeting soon in LA :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are going to rock your half momma!

    Hopefully the weather will be good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope the weather is nice! I'm just ready for this race to be over already. Can someone stand by all the water stands and pass out margaritas instead?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking forward to seeing your 1/2 updates on IG! LOL, and I love how some of you girls can just do a race without training...and I'm just over here with my schedule (and freaking out) for my itty bitty 5K. Love it! Good luck!

    And if I can find the bottom of my purse, I may participate in that link-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm excited about the purse party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Leave it to you to make 10 miles sound easy! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about the race. You'll rock it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete