Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cut it down and July it's ON!

Hey everyone. Sorry I was M.I.A. yesterday - life has been crazy so I needed a day with a FEW tasks... not a million:)

It's almost July and guess what that means? Half Training begins AGAIN... I am running the Fort4Fitness Half Marathon in Ft. Wayne, IN on Sept 28th and this lady wants to run it in under 2 hrs... I want to KILL THIS HALF... Probably doesn't help I hear there are TONS of people going and my inner "competitive patty" starts to rear her head;)

I pulled my Half Training schedule out and I am going to use this one HERE... I know I should probably do the Intermediate but, honestly... nah... I like this one... AND... my training starts on July 5th... Next week, Monday is July 1st and how PERFECT for me to start on a Monday and the "First of the month - cash your checks and come on".

I started this "June Goals" thing at the beginning of the month - you can read it HERE. I went and checked it out and honestly I hit TWO - PR'd at the GO All American 5K Race AND...... cut my dead ends off. LOL... Not what I would call a WIN/WIN!!!! I have decided to shorten my goals for July - I had WAAAAAAYYY too many this month and I am a pretty simple girl... KEEP IT SIMPLE... 

SO... here are 2 things I am going to do in July:

1. Follow the half training schedule and DO NOT deviate... I mean if a Monday doesn't work - do it Tuesday.. but keep up the weekly miles. 

2. Legs twice a week and upper body twice a week - I am going to split this up to shorten my daily strength training workouts... With all the running I need to still have SOMETIME... so I am going to split...

And... finally my FULL Marathon Training starts on Sept 14th... the day I am signed up for my FIRST TOUGH MUDDER. AGH!!!! I am running the St. Jude Full Marathon on December 7th in Memphis and I can't wait.... I believe I am going to use this full training schedule HERE...

Now... I want to be 10-15 lbs thinner by the FULL - I really want to see how far I can push myself on this race - plus less booty bopping around while running = faster Mel and maybe ONE DECENT finish line pic. So goal by December - shed 10-15 lbs. That agenda to come....

Alright so July 1st... I am going to take BEFORE pics... to keep myself accountable. I AM going to weigh myself ONCE a week (hate the scale) and post about it - regardless. Womp.Womp.Womp. bear with me... AND.. on July 31st I am going to take AFTER pics... Woot - Woot...

Oh... and I have a few more halves thrown into October and one I am dressing up as a Spice Girl... YEAH YA!!!! I have FULLY become addicted to racing and I LOVE IT! And... this HERE floated across my email yesterday - how can I NOT sign up for this... Chocolate PLUS Ronald McDonald Charities. Now this IS a win/win...


Whose gonna train with me? Before and After pics in July with me? Goals for July?

27 comments:

  1. You make me tired and give me so much inspiration all at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet mother of mercy, woman! You better not be too whooped to jam to Nelly with me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough Mudder?!? How did I not know this?? That scares me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure you teleported into my brain and stole my ideas,!!! JK, they aren't identical, but pretty darn close! I'm still toying with the idea of running a full...but I am ready to make July mine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, you are a tough one Mel. Okay, I will give it a go. I'm doing a Color Run July 17th with my four kids, then the Warrior Dash July 27th and another Color Run August 24th in Ohio. I've been running every day, but nothing like what's on that training schedule. Will also be incorporating Focus T25 workout with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Molly and I are doing the Tough Mudder in KS the same day you are doing it in STL! You really should have just joined us! LOL! Please tell me you will be getting the tattoo after you finish! I am, but with a few modifications! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough Mudder looks like a blast! I need to get my booty in gear and start the half training too. I'm not trying to get under two hours, but losing 15 lbs sure would be nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tough mudder will be fun!! And... I can't wait for the half here!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously.. How do you do it all? You work full-time, work out like a mad man, have great kids, and a clean house?

    I need you to come over and whip me into shape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! Im excited for you :) This sounds like a great plan, Im stressing slightly because of my surgery Im not sure Ill be ready to start mine on the 8th...oh well if I have to postpone 1-2 weeks I should be ok right? RIGHT?!?! ahh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to drink some of your Koolaid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mel, I'm also training for a half, and seeing as I LOVE lifting weights, I'm wondering how you'll balance both the mileage and weight lifting without burning out? My biggest fear is not being able to strength train while running long distances...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia - I totally agree. Burn out definitely happens with me. I will have Sunday and one day during the week to totally take OFF. I know I look forward to those days when I train and that keeps me sane. I strength trained while training for every run - I (not that I am an expert) actually found that it helped me. Stronger core, legs, arms (for pumping up those hills):) Sorry I would of emailed you back but I believe you are a no reply blogger - if you want to email me - I am missmel_joy@yahoo.com. I love chit chatting about running and finding new peeps to share it with:)

      Delete
  13. thanks for alll the motivation girl! i will start training end of august/september! so excited you will totally beat 2 hours at that half!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you say you're doing multiple halves in October?? Crazy lady! And you're doing Tough Mudder? I am SO jealous. You are the second person I've read about doing it today--I can NOT get a group together to participate with me and I've been dying to do it ever since my Warrior Dash last July! How are you training for it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am already training! My half is Sept 8th and my plan is similar to yours! My goal is legs twice a week, upper twice and core once! I am using Hal's Novice 1. I am glad someone else will be training at the same time!! YAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS - have you ever ran to raise money??

    ReplyDelete
  17. When you start your training, are you starting at week one for your "4 mile long run" even though you can already run farther? Or will you just do more that time until you catch up to where you are currently at distance wise?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a Rockstar! I'm starting training for my first 10k July 1st (provided I don't die doing my first 5k this weekend). Also going to try to clean up my eating and not allow so many cheats.
    Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holla for my homegirl....she's on fiya!!! Umm I'm down girl. I totally need a challenge and I need to get my guns in working order fo sho. I'm just curious where is this extra 10-15 lbs you speak of? Your teeny tiny as it is girl.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to pick my next half for the yet STAT!! I mean, you have like 10 and I can't decide on one!!

    And I was asked to join a Tough Mudder team and I'm scared shitless!! Amp me up, mama!

    And we totally need to get a race picture link up in the wowrs, my lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am doing the Hal Higdon 15K & 10Miler program right now. But the MoBell one looks good for a half!
    My goals for July are to lose 8lbs and workout 5 days a week (No Excuses!) I will definitely do some before and afters with you! Great for accountability.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how the half mary's may give way to the full's!! I've done two halfs this year (my first and second) and will be doing a full at the end of August. Once you get the bug you get the bug. I don't want to sound like a debbie downer or anything like that, but for myself, the long runs really stress out my body that I am finding I am retaining more weight (and I'm not eating everything that I can because I am running those far distances), I'm just trying not to discourage the weight loss as if you can lose those extra's that is great! But I think I have more of an adrenal fatigue situation going on that because I want to complete the full I won't be able to relax the body until after it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Umm if you lose 15 lbs you will be invisible!

    ReplyDelete