Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans in the Lou

I am sure you read the recaps of the weekend from Holly, Ashley, Amanda, Kimmy etc... Now let's read a little of my take on the weekend... If you follow me on IG you might have seen a few - if you don't follow me - get your booty over there - I am IG freak @missmel_joy... (yeah I still haven't switched to 4kottez....yet)

Friday night... Elle's recital night - she worked it... She was a beautiful little dancing darling...


 Then I met up with the girls on Main St. in St. Charles for a few nightcaps;) #youknowIbeawalker


Saturday: Crown Candy Kitchen madness, Schlafly Brewery Tour, and Casa Kotte patio shenanigans... Laughed until my face hurt... Ate and drank like there was no tomorrow... and loved every minute of it...


Sunday: Woke up to the sweet sounds of Wes man.... and his new found love Olive Betty... ate more... and said our farewells...


FYI... you know I cleaned the HECK out of my house as soon as the cars drove off my driveway.. hahaha. Break out the 7 vacuums... cause that's how I roll.... Oh and the girls KNOW me --- they made the bed, picked up their shoes, didn't leave stuff on the ground, and made fun of me the whole time... True Friendship for the girl with the cleaning disorder.

STL Baby... Good friends...Great times...Sad to see them go... Until next time... 

July I am going to start my own challenge... I can't wait to tell you all about it... I am even going to do before and after pics... Yeah... you all know that's what you want to see... VISUALS PEOPLE!! LOL... I have to get this booty in shape for my half in September in Ft. Wayne... and I want to be 10 lbs thinner - I want to FLY through this race... So I HAVE to get down to biznaz!!!

Bacon fan? Goals for July? How many vacuums do you own?

22 comments:

  1. I think I am now going to refer to you as Monica as I am sure you have a vacuum to clean the vacuum ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in need of some of that clean freakness! I barely have time to wash dishes and do a load of laundry once I get home. You're a badass.
    Bacon - Yes.
    Vacuums - None. (Broke ours. Borrowing my moms once a week.)
    July Goals - Lose 7 lbs and get back to doing a long run once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fun fun!! I have a hardwood floor vac and a regular vac!! I love cleaning as well! Goals for July? Have a baybay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, another clean freak! My husbands makes fun of me for my cleaning tendencies.

    Goal for July? Celebrate my son's 1st birthday. WOW time went fast.
    And... because I always have a million goals... focus on clean eating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to channel my inner Mel and get to cleaning and jump on your motivation train!!! CHOO CHOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like SOOOOOOOOOO much fun! :)
    jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bacon fan! July goals to exercise 4x a week. I own three vacuums: one for every floor. I do not mess around.

    Awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7 vacuums? Wow. I have my ONE Dyson and it's about time to replace it.

    Bacon fan??? Uh...YEA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great pic of you and Elle! She is a doll! I so will be putting my little girl in dance! If she loves it as much as she does now at 14M then were good to go! Btw-I love your blog, I just don't comment much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've lived in the area for two years now, and still haven't made it to St. Charles! I've heard so many good things about the area. I need to add it to my "Life in the Lou" bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I own 2 vacuums...totally up for a July challenge! I've got my second 1/2 in November and I've probably gained 20lbs since my first 1/2...Must. Get. Fit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh, I can't wait to hear about it! And E looks JUST LIKE YOU! Adorable. Simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well damn! I was going to get you a vacuum for your birthday, but since you already have 7, I'll have to think of something else haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had such a great time! Thanks for letting me crash your party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved it! Oh, and I decided that this weekend I'm going to channel my inner Mel and clean my house like there's no tomorrow. Lawd knows it needs it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved hearing all about your fabulous weekend, with the girls! It is obvious you girls will be lifelong friends. Elle looks so pretty in her pics! Just like her mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elle is the cutest!! She is so photogenic! FUN weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mini-Mel is the cutest!!! I'm sure she shakes what her momma gave her! Ummm I had three vacuums but one broke so I'm down to two.... I need to find a good one. Mine were ancient. What kind do you have cleaning goddess? July goals tone tone tone and lose done LB's

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was such a fun weekend because of you!! Now we need a road trip to Oklahoma!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crown Candy is heaven on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your hair is so blonde... and I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete