Thursday, June 13, 2013

Letter to my 21 Year Old Self....

Well Well Well it's link up time with two of my favs... Holly and Jake... Time for a good ole letter to my 21 year old self... Now let me preface, by saying I turn 33 in August - so this would be quite sometime ago...

button

Dear 21 Year Old Mel...

~ It's amazing that you love your college career and have found your "calling" but time will tell that you are meant to follow a different path.

Where's Mel
~ I know it is hard living with 5 girls and sharing a "garage" with your bff, but it will teach you the true meaning of friendship... sacrifice and unconditional love.

~ You think you love Goldschlager now... Girl... just wait until the end of this year - you will never EVER drink it again... Two heads in a toilet is NO FUN...

~ Those sweet leather pants and backless shirts you wear... yeah... probably not the best idea for your Christmas card...

~ That boy that rides his bike to class, fights everyone at the drop of the hat, makes up his own raps, jumps in fires, walks aimlessly with not a care in the world, flexes in the mirror, tries to stay out of jail, etc ... he will grow up one day and quit one of the things mentioned;)

Yes he has a black eye... What's New?
~ Going away to college and finding your way will be the BEST decision you ever made in your life - don't EVER EVER EVER forget that. Encourage your kids to go away one day, just as your parents did you...

Wonder where I get "crazy" from - just ask my Dad:)
~ Your New Orleans Mardi Gras trip will be one the MOST memorable trips in your life... Read about it HERE...


~ Good ole Sammy the Saturn is a good car... Cut her some slack and be a little more gentle with her - all those trips back and forth with kegs in the trunk for your huge parties, will lead to much wear and tear...


~ Your HUGE Burg House Parties will be EPIC and people will still talk about them LONG after they are gone... So instead of running the vacuum under people's feet while they are making out on your couch, asking people to use coasters when they can barely see straight, and/or kicking out all the girls that are acting "sluttastic" - sit back... have fun... one day you will WISH for these parties again.


~ You know how you think your legs are huge and you can't stand your lips/mouth... you will grow up one day and appreciate that smile... It's one of your best assets. Smiling is what makes you - you! Those legs you will always want to work on, but they will carry you MANY MANY MANY miles that you never dreamed you would go.


~ Yes he STILL calls but soon the calls will fade and so will the "what ifs?".

~ Your a good soul Mel... have a good heart... have much compassion...don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise... Never let other people's negativity bring you down... Your better than that... Don't be impressionable - stand up for you - your worth it!



27 comments:

  1. Awe!! I'm a sap and teared up a tiny bit on your last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on the link up and now a new follower! It's nice to find another working mom! I love that you would be trying to clean up while people are still partying...sounds like something I would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Goldschlager or cinnamon ANYTHING for me, ever. That made my 21 list too. hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a true beauty inside and out, Mel!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. 33 is not old!!! You are still young enough to enjoy, but old enough to do it with caution. Beautiful letter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic time you had! Looks like you are well stalked with great memories and good times. That's a life well lived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that last paragraph needs to be in everyone's college diploma. thanks for linking with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dying over the leather pants and backless tanks!! I'm pretty sure I had a few of those "fabric swatches" hanging in my 21 year old closet!! Lesson learned! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If E still makes up his own raps, he better be prepared for a throw down next weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl...I have ONE experience with Goldschlager, and it ended in a kitchen sink, not a toilet...OOPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sluttastic?! Love that description! And luhvveeee you and this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice posts and very interesting photo. Thank for your sharing. I will surely recommend it to all of my friend. At the same time, I would like to invite you to visit my blog http://1newbornbabyclothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vacuuming under people's feet while they make out on your couch....haha, I love it Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG our call in college was Goooooooooooooold-schlager! :) And Pete and I were JUST talking about how everyone wore Adidas track pants in the early 2000s--I see yours in that pic of the car!

    You sound like you would have been a fun friend in college. I feel like we would have been awesome roommates (coaster police right herr)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw I love this Mel. And I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously... Teared up just a little! What a incredible reminder to yourself at just how far you've come and even though you didn't always see it, everything you've encountered has made you, YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First- do you live in the STL area? I do too. Loved your letter. I too wore leather pants and backless shirts. I thought it was a good idea to wear that to a retirement party. Oh the looks I got from the old ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl I love this! We were 21 at about the same time and seeing the clothes and hair in these pictures have me DYING to do a post like this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're dad looks like a hoot! Loved this <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh I teared up too and now I miss my college days. ; (

    ReplyDelete
  21. The picture of E with hair just made my whole day. Thank you for making me laugh and tear up in the same minute. You really are a ball of sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahahaha I LOVE YOUR BIG OL MOUTH!!!!

    We should send apology cards to E now for when we are in the same 4 walls...

    ReplyDelete
  23. You do have one of the biggest hearts and I love you for it. That picture of E with hair is awesome, I almost didn't recognize him!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I broke up with Goldschlager too!!! Worst. Night. Ever! Loved this post and that penis hat is awesome! Bhaha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am just rolling over here...the hat...too much! :)...and the leather pants lol...don't you love the fashions we put on ourselves....ps since you keep all of your clothes..when are you going to bust those out?! ...andddd I totally agree with the going away to college thing..I did too and it was a really great decision on my part even if other college choices weren't so much! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. That hat is amazing! I have always wanted to do New Orleans for Mardi Gras. What a great letter!

    ReplyDelete