Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wedding Deets Linkup

Well. Well. Well.. who doesn't love talking about their BIG DAY? It's link up time my friends... with my blog bff and real life love Holly. I txt Holly a week ago and said "Link Up on What was your wedding song - dumb idea or a go?" and guess what it's a GO!!!

So.... here we are... and here is how it goes... Grab the button below and link up... If you had a wedding, or had multiple, are going to have one, have one in your mind pinterest board, and/or are NEVER going to have one - LINK UP!!! I wanna read about the details... Grab the button below and tell us... Here are a few questions that might help and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me your wedding song... I GOTTA KNOW!!!


Share Your Wedding Details
Location (church/outdoors/destination):
Colors:
Bridal Party:
First Dance Song: 
Honeymoon:
What would you do different?
Now... let's finally get to mine and a side of Mel you might not have known. You all know my goal in life is to be a STAR, or to get Elle in a Disney show so I can move to Cali... BUT you might NOT have known my TRUE thoughts on the full blown wedding... So you would think I would absolutely go NUTS about throwing my own party and parading around in that dress. WRONG....

Guess what? We took the money instead and bought a house... Now... I had a small wedding (70 people or so) and here are my deets:

Wedding Location: Catholic Church... Father Leach called us Eric and Erica (My name is Melanie). Stellar. Oh and our driver ended up being a guy I had known in high-school... That was awkward...




Reception Location: Pietro's - The BEST Italian Restaurant - because good food and strong drinks were the only things I cared about... - Nailed it...


Colors: NONE... kind of light pink/champagne/cream - I guess? I didn't really have any.

Bridal Party: My mom was my Maid of Honor and E's Dad was the Best Man - that was IT. No one else...


First Dance Song: The Eagles..."Love Will Keep Us Alive". E's choice... I was like "dude where is Brown Eyed Girl on this one?". Whatever... Eagles it was... and yes it would not have been my choice - but I don't think my grandma would of enjoyed some of my gangsta song choices...



Honeymoon: We married on May 14, 2005 we waited for the honeymoon and went to Jamaica in December of 2005. That's a whole post in itself. There were puking in plant stands, climbing of a waterfall that resulted in an a huge argument, this hideous pineapple shirt, a guy who played the saxophone outside of our room nonstop and the SAME song day and night, a traumatizing couple's massage, and a bumpy bus ride that will haunt my backside forever.


Basically it went down like this... We had a "wedding" per say - it was small and those who were invited, we were REALLY close to. I got to wear the dress - 2 actually... I had a wardrobe change before we went out that night (yes after the reception we stayed out downtown all night with friends).


But in all honesty... I know they say a girls dream is this big elaborate wedding - it just wasn't mine. We took the moolah and bought a house - 50 grand for one party I just can't fathom... NOT ONE BIT... that paid for my PMI... To each their own... If I had to do it all over... I would take the money again, wear my hair down, and have bought a dress like this (way more me):


Now I wanna hear your deets... Link up with us and share...



32 comments:

  1. Hey to each their own girlfriend! You still looked stunning and didnt have to worry about that crazy uncle trying to slow dance with you. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were super wise in taking the money and running. It's what I wanted, but I was overruled! Love that you partied all night with your friends =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am linking up tomorrow!

    So with you on not spending the zillions of dollars on tiny details even you won't remember.

    Also I love your wedding song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the dresses you chose, but I like the new one too, maybe for a 10 year vow renewal??!!!??? You should totally get it! :)

    nothing wrong with celebrating your love... even if it is JUST for the dress! :)

    LOVE this link up idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes big elaborate weddings aren't all they are cracked up to be. You looked beautiful and happy, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pietros is the absolute best!! I wish my mom had been my Maid of Honor. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you on spending $50k PLUS on a wedding. I also agree that it is crazy! I did spend some money on mine, but I was able to spend $20K total and that included every little detail (including a 2.5 week trip to Europe).

    Loved all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the small and intimate weddings! I don't get spending tens of thousands of dollars on one day either. I have other things to spend money on. Looking forward to hearing all about the honeymoon, though. That sounds like a story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smart move girl! I never dreamed about a big wedding either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMEN to saving the money! Due to my shotgun wedding, we HAD to buy a house and fast, so we spent $500, total, on our wedding. Can't wait to hear all about the honeymoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous!! We stayed out all night and partied at our wedding, too!!! BEST. DAY. EVER. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok I LOVE that you had two dresses! I think that is fun. And you are going to love the song that Jeremy suggested as our first dance...not happening, but funny, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup, agree on the small wedding! It looks like you had an amazing day! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cracked up laughing at your honeymoon synopsis! I love this link up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. well, Erica, you made a gorgeous bride! :)
    now to go blow up my IG with my TBT wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm totally with you on this one. I was never "I'm the bride it's my day" type of gal. I totally would have gone off and gotten married in some Meditterian island, just the hubs and I. But my mom and mil were set on a good sized wedding. I was in college so I let them plan it. I just showed up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I won't link up because I have NO idea about my wedding. But, I love reading your answers! I think I want a destination wedding so only the people we really love will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. This song is so funny because it is NOT what I would have expected.
    2. You were gorgeous on your big day!
    3. I'm going to need that honeymoon post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were gorgeous as always and I'm glad to see someone else agrees with me on it being a big waste of money to throw so much money into a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous girl!! Love your wedding. I'd love to hear the Jamaica story, ha! When I climbed that waterfall, I was pregnant :/ Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ypu looked amazing!!!!... I love the strong drinks part sound like my kind of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for hosting this!!! I love your dress! I wish I would have read this before I got married I would have eloped and begged my dad to put a down payment on a house for me instead ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Regardless you be smokin' hawt! Love you and how simple you are!!! I need to hear all about that Honeymoon LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that your mom and E's dad were the maid of honor/best man. And I totally agree with the wedding. Would much rather have a small wedding and money for a house!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very classy and of course you were gorgeoussss!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think you looked amazing, very classy Mel (not that I would have guessed it would be any other way!). Can't wait for the honeymoon post, sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You looked so good! What a beautiful wedding! And going out all night after sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful!!! Those Catholic priests need to get it together...between calling you Erica and talking about nazis during my ceremony, they're batting 0 for 2 here ;) Seriously excited for a honeymoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Although I'm totally planning a big wedding its going to be very simple w little touches.... You look and still do absolutely stunning :-) love your pics
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how you did your wedding... smart and classy! But I have a feeling Elle will go ALL OUT!! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't wait to read all the link ups. What do you get when a good catholic boy and girl get pregnant pre-marriage??? A good old fashioned shot gun hot mess wedding fiasco! That's my wedding link up. Baaaah!!

    ReplyDelete