I am kind of sporadic - all over the place - and don't fit into a mold... NOR do I want to... Yes, truth be told, I am random and sporadic. With my randomness, today's post will be a little about what I believe could be my faults... Owning up here... As I get older (33 on August 7th *cough, cough, cough*) I am realizing more and more who I am...
- I forget... yes I will forget the occasional birthday, anniversary, etc... yes I will forget that it is pajama day at school... yes I will forget a doctor's appt...
- I can be selfish... sometimes I think about me. When I need a 10 minute break and head out on the patio to hear peace and quiet, when I have the occasional GNO, and/or when I choose to go back to school when my kids are still young.
- I can be insensitive... I can get caught up in the fact that what I believe is the "right way" or try to justify something in my head because I feel it is right ~ without taking other's beliefs/concerns/feelings into account.
- I don't listen... sometimes my mind is going a mile a minute and I see your lips moving but I can't hear the words that are coming out of your mouth. I try to make a conscious effort to hear - but sometimes my thoughts win.
- I can overbook my life... I love to be surrounded by people and things to do that sometimes I forget not everyone is like that. People need down-time, people need quiet time, and time without me.
- I can be naive... Yes I am almost 33 and STILL can be naive - no explanation here.
- I can take things for granted... I have an amazing job, healthy/beautiful children, a good support system, people who love me and care about me, both my parents are still living, the best friends a girl could ask for, a beautiful home, etc.. and still I yearn for more. Content is hard for me... I am a "strive for more" thinker/doer and always have been.
I could continue on and on - because, YES, I have many many many faults... But I will say this - I am working on these "faults" - I am owning up to them, acknowledging them, and trying to make a conscious effort to work on them. I am a kind, genuine, loving, and REAL person. I love my life and the people who are in it. I will make mistakes, I will forget, I will book plans with friends on your kids Bounce U Party (not intentionally;), but I will be the FIRST to acknowledge my mistake and tell you that I am sorry and you mean the world to me.
Don't forget tomorrow is the Race Photo link up with Kyra and I. Come link up and show us your awesome race photos...