Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My faults...

It's Tuesday (the worst day of the week) so let's get to it. Most of you know that I don't fit into a good category for my blog. I wouldn't say I fit in the "Healthy Living" category - because my intake of Corona, Swedish Fish, red meat, and over indulgence of sweets = no bueno here. I wouldn't say I fit into the "Fashion" category because - heck let's be real - I like to wear the same thing to work every week. I am not a "Crafty DIY" blogger, besides meals, I don't like anything that requires "I have to make it". I am not just a "Running" blogger either - I love to run - REALLY love to run - but that is not all to me....

I am kind of sporadic - all over the place - and don't fit into a mold... NOR do I want to... Yes, truth be told, I am random and sporadic. With my randomness, today's post will be a little about what I believe could be my faults... Owning up here... As I get older (33 on August 7th *cough, cough, cough*) I am realizing more and more who I am...

Faults
- I forget... yes I will forget the occasional birthday, anniversary, etc... yes I will forget that it is pajama day at school... yes I will forget a doctor's appt...

- I can be selfish... sometimes I think about me. When I need a 10 minute break and head out on the patio to hear peace and quiet, when I have the occasional GNO, and/or when I choose to go back to school when my kids are still young.

- I can be insensitive... I can get caught up in the fact that what I believe is the "right way" or try to justify something in my head because I feel it is right ~ without taking other's beliefs/concerns/feelings into account.

- I don't listen... sometimes my mind is going a mile a minute and I see your lips moving but I can't hear the words that are coming out of your mouth. I try to make a conscious effort to hear - but sometimes my thoughts win.

- I can overbook my life... I love to be surrounded by people and things to do that sometimes I forget not everyone is like that. People need down-time, people need quiet time, and time without me.

- I can be naive... Yes I am almost 33 and STILL can be naive - no explanation here.

- I can take things for granted... I have an amazing job, healthy/beautiful children, a good support system, people who love me and care about me, both my parents are still living, the best friends a girl could ask for, a beautiful home, etc.. and still I yearn for more. Content is hard for me... I am a "strive for more" thinker/doer and always have been.

I could continue on and on - because, YES, I have many many many faults... But I will say this - I am working on these "faults" - I am owning up to them, acknowledging them, and trying to make a conscious effort to work on them. I am a kind, genuine, loving, and REAL person. I love my life and the people who are in it. I will make mistakes, I will forget, I will book plans with friends on your kids Bounce U Party (not intentionally;),  but I will be the FIRST to acknowledge my mistake and tell you that I am sorry and you mean the world to me. 

_______________________________________________

Don't forget tomorrow is the Race Photo link up with Kyra and I.  Come link up and show us your awesome race photos... 
 


26 comments:

  1. The fact that you have owned up to it shows a lot! We all make mistakes. But a fraud? Nah, not at all. Not even one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I could have written this post myself! Everyone has faults, but like you said, as long as you acknowledge them & strive to do better, that's what makes you (us) REAL!

    P.S. I will be 34 on August 7th!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share ALL these characteristics. Especially not listening. I chalk it up to being busy ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Mel! I love that you are showing your faults. And I love that you don't fit into a certain blogging category! I was actually thinking that this morning. I read somewhere that your blog needed a focus. Mine has no focus. I write what I'm feeling at the moment. Some people may not like it and I may not have a huge amount of followers or blogging friends but I started this for me. We have to stay true to ourselves and who we are, faults and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, you aren't a fraud. You are real. You a mother, a wife, a friend, a co-worker, a runner, a drinker, a damn good person.
    Life was not created to be perfect, it was created to be real. You, my dear, are as real as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aren't a fraud your an everything blog! That is what I love about your blog! You are real and that is what we love about you! PS I still can't get the picture box for tomorrow to work. When I put it into my html - it doesn't show up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy shit! This is hilarious because this is me! My Hubs talks to me all the time about work and I hear him, but then my mind starts wondering and I never really listen to him, oops! It's "Busy Mom Syndrome," I think we all have it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are one of the sweetest girls ever. And I feel like you described me a lot, down to the food lover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all....YOU ARE NOT SELFISH, OR DO YOU TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED! Sorry for the all caps, but I just wanted to let you know how I feel about that! For one, going to school is HARD, and even HARDER when you have young kids. You know what you are doing? You are teaching them that education is important, and with education, you can get a better job and become a better person overall And for taking things for granted. That is just crazy! I have to admit, I feel this way too sometimes, but you know what. YOU and ERIC both work HARD and everything you guys have you EARNED. You weren't handed it on a silver platter. So, don't for one second, second guess yourself.

    I think you are an amazing person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl what is up? Seriously you've never been one to say your perfect but who is and I don't think you need to label yourself. Variety is the best thing! So no your not a fraud unless you're claiming to be something you're not which I don't believe is the case! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try really hard to listen too, but even when my BOSS is talking I find that I go into LALA land. whoops. I hate this about me, but for some reason as I get older the easier it is for me to wander off thinking about dinner, cleaning the house, what was the song I just heard, did my kid just eat that thing off the floor??? LOL Don't be so hard on yourself. You seem like a pretty awesome person to me and I am really the only one that matters, yeah I can be a little selfish too. HAPPY TUESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone has their weaknesses - it's not knowing what they are that make them bad. I always own up to my shiz - I'm not perfect and no one else is either. We are all, however, perfect in our imperfectness. It's what makes us unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one's perfect and no one should be. It is the little quirks and faults that makes us who we are. It is knowing about those faults and owning them that makes you a better and more concientious person. Love you and wouldn't change you for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Werd up! I hear ya on this one. I am a goof up most days. But we live and learn. I'm gonna be honest, if FB didn't remind me of bdays I would NEVER remember. Oopsie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a firm believer that you should always be looking for a way to better yourself or your life. Yes, you should be content with what you have, but what would life be without the need for something more?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait a minute..... YOU have FAULTS?? Who would have known?!?!?! :) Can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. None of these seem like a big whoop to me! Don't be so hard on yourself, chica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh goodness I think I have most of the same faults. Especially overbooking. Why so we think we are superwoman? Well, you kind of are. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  19. awww love you are such a great person don't even worry about your faults! I look forward to reading your blog just because it is about so many different things.
    We all have our faults but lets focus on the positives: you are beautiful, smart a damn good runner and have very good taste in clothes. Plus tons more I'm just throwing a few out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your eclectic blog! You are honest and real. Your faults are not faults, they are what make you the person you are, the person we enjoy reading about. You have ups and downs just like everyone and it's nice to know we aren't alone with our own hiccups.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Most people can't sit down and list their faults! Good on ya girl!! And those aren't terrible things to be. So many of us have worse faults! And would never admit to them! Lol!! I can just tell by your posts and photos you are a beautiful person inside and out, not matter what your faults are!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't think it's about pigeon holing yourself but more about just blogging about everyday life and your journey. All people have faults--it's the ones who say they don't have faultys that you have to be worried about!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you are awesome...all 33 and 3/4s of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. And this...this right here is why you are one of my fave bloggers. You are just you. Real, genuine, pure and simple...Nobody's perfect, and if anybody thinks that they are, they are just lying to themselves!

    Thank you for sharing this!! Love ya, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I looved this post, thanks for sharing. You're "faults" sounds just like mine. The good thing is that we are a constant work in progress. When we don't move forward is when we need to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I feel like you just talked about me... lol. I don't fit into any category either! I am glad Im not the only one wearing the same thing to work every week... haha

    ReplyDelete