Monday, July 22, 2013

Half Marathon Training Week 2 Update

Can't believe I am already into week 2 of training and it feels SO RIGHT AND... I feel SO HAAAANNNGRY ALL.THE.TIME... We will get to that in a bit...

Here we go...

Training Schedule in BLACK - What I actually did in BLUE
Monday, July 15th - 3 milesOFF DAY
Tuesday, July 16th - Cross Train3 miles
Wednesday, July 17th - 3 milesLeg Day
Thursday, July 18th - Rest3 miles
Friday, July 19th - 3 milesOFF DAY 
Saturday, July 20th - Rest6 miles and upper body
Sunday, July 21st - 5 miles7 miles


Total Miles Week 2 of Training = 19 miles

- Week 2 scaled back on the miles a bit... I hit it hard last week - but wanted to keep to the training program more - don't want to get burned out... 

- I am starving... like STAAARRVING... I can already see that I am talking myself out of "no don't eat that" and using my thoughts in saying "oh it's okay you will run 7 miles tomorrow". MUST.STOP.THINKING.LIKE.THAT. and shoving pasta down my pie hole. 

- After my 7 miler on Sunday my calves were tight - so hit up my purple ProCompression socks and voila... feel great today. I wear them AFTER my longer runs for recovery and I keep them on for about 3 or 4 hrs.. they are comfy kids... I am going to buy the RETRO one's today - I can't stand it, I tried to stay away from them... I just can't, I love them. If you use the code TUBE you get 40% off. Code is only for July though peeps...

Enjoyed the weekend with Laura (blogless) AKA K9Bish... She is one of my running partners. Honestly, if you don't have a running partner - try to get one. They keep you accountable, on track, and make for great company. When you get UP there in the mileage, they really help the time go by faster AND... if you can find one WITH a pool - even better;) Love you girl...




Monday OUT

How was your week in training? Pasta lovaaaa? Thoughts on running partners?

17 comments:

  1. I think it's 40% off! I just got them and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Ok, I have never asked and forgive me if you have explained Laura's nickname K9bish....what's it mean? I must know;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love running buddies! I hate running by myself! lol! Running is going well! I did 15 miles last week and 18 on tap for this week! Woohoo! And who doesn't love pasta?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need a running buddy! And compression socks, but I just can't bring myself to spend $50 (or even $30) on a pair of socks! I'm too cheap! Tell me they increase your pace by two minutes! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. get it girl!!! My training plan starts in 3 weeks and your posts are getting me pumped up!!! Love those retro compression socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh-I am soooo hangry when I run anything over 3 miles too! I'm not sure running is helping me lose weight at all since I eat back as many calories as I burn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feeling so.dang.haaaangry all the time too, but def not b/c I'm running miles and miles - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a running buddy! I have a walking buddy. Maybe I can convince her to run with me. Would make it more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, if I live vicariously through your runs, I'll be able to fake it at the half, right? Haha, just kidding. I plan on hitting up the pavement this week while I'm on staycation. No excuses about not having enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you go girl! my running has been soooo behind schedule lately because I am a wimp in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the training, you like always, are killing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on another stellar training week! I have never used compression socks but I think I may start after skimming over the ProCompression site!e Good luck training this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy crap on a cracker! I don't think I'll be anywhere near 7 miles on week 2 of training...get it, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so darn pretty! And, you did awesome on your running/training - even if you modified your schedule! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ran a 10k over the weekend and proceeded to eat all the things for the rest of the day.

    I REALLY have a strong love for my foam roller for leg muscle soreness. It hurts like hades, but it really is effective, and my massage therapist told me that my muscles have really gotten a lot better since I started using it. Haven't tried compression socks yet, but I hear they feel really good after a hard workout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ummm I sucked big balls last week cause it was hella hot. High 90's all week. I love pasta but pasta doesn't love me back. No bueno. And I need those socks. I've been avoiding them but there are so cute!!! Great job girl you're a beast

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm just learning the love of a running buddy! Now I just need one of the, to have a pool, dammit!

    ReplyDelete