I can sum up last weeks training in one word... SLAAACKKKAAA! I was so busy last week... so I tried to catch up on my mileage on the weekend... I didn't get much weight training in at all :(
Training Schedule in BLACK - What I actually did in BLUE
Monday, July 22nd - 3 miles / OFF DAY
Tuesday, July 23rd - Cross Train / OFF DAY
Wednesday, July 24th - 3 miles / 3 miles, abs, squats, and shoulders
Thursday, July 25th - Rest / OFF DAY
Friday, July 26th - 3 miles / OFF DAY
Saturday, July 27th - Rest / 10 miles
Sunday, July 28th - 6 miles / 8 miles
Total Miles Week 3 of Training = 21 miles
- Week 3 I slacked - life got in the way...but I really hit it hard on the weekend.
- I missed long runs so much. It felt absolutely wonderful, even if my 10 miler was on the treadmill.
- I am going to scale back on the food intake this week and see how I feel - but I am a FIRM believer in that you need to eat to run long distances... So I will be eating my carbs the night before my long runs. Just the "right" carbs...
- My calves after Saturday and Sunday were tight - used my procompression socks and "voila" feeling good today. I swear I am in love with those for recovery.
- K9Bish and I had one of the best runs yet. Our 8 miler on Sunday we talked the entire time, didn't use our Garmin's, and honestly we could of kept going. It felt so freakin good. I love runs where time flies, you enjoy your surroundings, have great company, and it all just "clicks". Kind of was a great reminder as to why fell in love with running to begin with:)
Foam roll thoughts? Long runs - love em or hate em? What do you eat while training?