Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What is up???

Besides my weight...

First 
I am home (except today - E is home with Wes) helping my baby boy feel better. Wes had a cough for a week or so, heck... every kid in daycare has a summer cold right now. He was acting a bit "off" this weekend, ran a fever on Saturday - perked up on Sunday - and then Monday I could tell something was off. I took off work and made an appt with his pediatrician. He was complaining his ear hurt - so I figured "ear infection", right?

Verdict - ear infection, swimmers ear, and wheezing. His oxygen levels were a few points higher than what they are when my Ped admits a child into the hospital. 2 breathing treatments in the office (never been through this before) later they were up a tad. I went home with a nebulizer and albuterol, amoxicillin, and ear drops. He is still running a fever around 101 here and there, coughing a little, nose is running, not eating much, and has his moments. He is taking his treatments like a champ. We are doing them every 4 hrs around the clock for at least a week or so. He will not return to daycare this week and we will be home giving him TLC and treats here and there:)

Thank you all for your continued prayers and thoughts - they are much welcomed and very appreciated.



Second
I am going to run the "Walk A Mile In Our Shoes" 5K on August 17th at Tower Grove Park - this race is to raise awareness for St. Patrick's clients who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in the community. I was thinking this could be a great chance to get other St. Louis runners/walkers who might want to run/walk it... to do it together. We don't have to run together but meeting up beforehand and after might be fun. If interested - shoot me an email at missmel_joy@yahoo.com



Third and Final
It's also officially one week until MY BIRTHDAY... WOOT WOOT... My 33rd that is... and this weekend is going to be a BLAST... I CAN'T WAIT... Yes my B-day is a big deal to me - it's my favorite day of the year and I celebrate for at least 2 weeks:) Why not, right?

Wednesday Out...

21 comments:

  1. Hope the Wes man feels better soon. So far we have dodged the summer colds here which surprises me. (Did I just jinx myself?) My husbands birthday is next week as well. I guess I better start planning something. Hope you have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy - being sick is never fun but definitely worse in the summer! Hope he's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer colds are going around up here too, no fun at all! Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Wes Man gets to feeling better SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Wes! I hope he is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I;m sorry your little man is sick! Hope he feels better. I work in a pedi office now, so albuterol and nebs are my jam. Good thing he's doing the treatments like a champ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathing treatments are no fun coming from someone with asthma and a daughter who has been through this. I'm so sorry he is feeling so bad. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I hope Wes gets better STAT! I'm jealous of your outdoor runs. The humidity down south makes running feel like trudging through jello. No bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally signed up! HA! Get better little man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Wes!! Seeing little kiddos sick just breaks my heart. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope Wes starts feeling better ASAP! I can't wait to get out and run again tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see what your birthday celebration entails! I'll be praying for the Wes-man

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Wes! I hope that he is feeling better soon. Happy Birthday week to Mel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy early birthday. Hope your lil baby gets to feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor baby, I hope he feels better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. EFF THAT!! Let's celebrate the whole damn month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, sweet boy! I hope things get better soon! Sick kids are so hard! For them, and you guys!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww I hope Wes is all better very soon! We had to do the nebulizer with Nicky and it sucks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Breathing stuff is scary in little kids! Their airways are so small! You're lucky that he willingly takes his neb treatments. Hope he gets back to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete