I absolutely love getting comments - LAAAAHHUUVE IT! I make a VERY conscious effort to email everyone back that comments. I believe this is how we establish our relationships and have a little internet fun:) So... if you DON'T want to comment - I completely get it... but if you are on the verge and might be a little hesitant - DO IT!!!!!!! HAHAHA. I love making new friends... On that note - if you comment and you don't get a reply from me in your email box - it is most likely because you are set up as a no-reply blogger. If you want to be NR blogger - cool I get it... totally... but you might not even know you are - LIKE ME... when the lovely Holly called me out about, a year ago. HAHAHA. If you want to know how to change this so you can get reply emails - go HERE (totally stole from Jeni @Story of my life).
If you read my post yesterday you know that I have my fall race schedule down. I pretty much packed myself into a racing frenzy in Sept/Oct... To say I am stoked - YES!!!! To say I am afraid - ummm... yeah... but you would never know that - I don't show it, I don't talk about it, and I sure won't back out...
Running back to back to back to back halves scares me... a little (well more than a little). Honestly I have only ran TWO half marathons in my whole existence HERE and HERE. To call me an expert is utterly laughable. BUT here I go and I am not backing out - "cause I'm bout it, bout it"...
Fall Half-Marathon Fears:
- running another half when my body is still sore from the one before (week apart)
- getting burnt out on running
- wanting to have TOO much fun and not taking the race seriously (you know me;)
- getting down on myself, if my time is "not that great" (competitive patty starts rearing her ugly head)
- eating clean and hydrating for THAT many weeks
- Race Finish Pics... I WILL have a GOOD one danggit - if it is the last thing I do;)
After my heart palpitations from thinking about the multiple halves - then I have my FIRST FULL MARATHON fears creeping in... I probably should NOT have read this article HERE. Ummm... break me? Oh LAWDY...
First Full Marathon Fears
- Why am I doing this, for real - I am not in tip top shape?
- Mentally breaking down
- Physically breaking down
- The training time I will be putting in every weekend.
- The fact my little 5'5 legs will be running for 4 hrs straight
- STOPPING... my BIGGEST fear. I can't stop...
- Will I not be able to go out and "break it down" in Memphis that night? #weberollin
Yes I am afraid of it all... But I won't let my fears stop me - there is no reason for it.
Boy... I am deep today - I promise to bring back crazy Mel tomorrow;) I do have a soul... and there you have it. HA!
Racing fears? Did you ever let your mind win? No-reply blogger?