Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Can we talk... music??

Alright... you know I can't live my life without music and swedish fish. Music is my happy place. I can't go one day without listening to some form of music. It just completes me. When I am sad, mad, happy, etc... all I want to do is put on some tunes and be immediately mind-transferred (word?) to a world where all I hear are melodies, beats, lyrics... Music fills up 98% of my soul - the other two being food and running;)

So.... I find it hard to LOATHE ANY music, with the exception of current Country music (now there are SOME songs I can stand for a few seconds). I love the good ole school country - but current pop country isn't my thing. I know a ton of people love it - so I am not knocking it - it just isn't for me.

Now... let's get to the real reason I wanted to post about music. I heard a new song a week or so ago (in the genre of music I love) and I CAN'T STAND IT... It takes A LOT for me to turn off a song that comes on the radio.. But the Flo Rida and Pitt Bull song "Can't Believe It" came on and I am sorry, but this is THE WORST SONG in a decade (or at least I think so). I mean COME ON!!! I don't say this often, but I don't like it at all. I even tried to listen to it multiple times to see if it was just "me" but NOPE... the song is horrendous. The beat, the lyrics, etc... ALL OF IT!!! NO BUENO!!! Better luck next time fellas.

On a better note... here are a few current one's I am enjoying...

My FAV lately - all of J. Cole's new album "Born Sinner"

All of Jay Z's new album - "Magna Carta Holy Grail"


Pusha T ft. 2 Chainz & Big Sean - "Who I Am"

Drake ft. J. Cole - "Jodeci"

T.I. ft. Lil Wayne - "Wit Me"

Rick Ross - "I Wonder Why"

The Weeknd - "Love in the Sky"

Chris Brown ft. Nicki Minaj - "Love More"

Drake ft. Majid - "Hold on We're Going Home"

Alright there are more, but that's a few to get your ears right:)

If these don't get you going...you can always pop in some ole school Junior M.A.F.I.A. BABY BAY BAY!

Now off I go to put Miley's "We Can't Stop" on repeat for the millionth time. I swear that girl rocks my world. I love crazy chicks...sorry I am not sorry.


Hey Flo Rida and Pitt Bull "Learn a lesson from the Eaze, Stay in your place and don't stop the real..."

Wednesday Out... 

Miley fan? What do you think of the new song? Lovin on some J.Cole like me?

17 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of new country either, especially some of the lyrics. A lot of my friends love it too. Meh. I've had Calvin Harris on Pandora for the last few months, lol. I don't seem to get sick of it. Dave Matthews is one of my all time faves and Fleetwood Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to hate the Flo Rida and Pitbull song even more? Watch the video. Bleh.. Cheap as hell. Major fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched and threw up in my mouth a little. I swear what happened to good ole rap videos like Eazy or Dre. We all hang at a party and through our hands around in the air - that's what I wanna see:)

      Delete
  3. I have to admit that I was not a fan of "We Can't Stop" when I first heard it. I still don't think I like it, but it gets stuck in my head at least once a week and I find myself singing it.

    I DO shamelessly love "Blurred Lines" so much. SO inexplicably much.

    Do you listen to Janelle Monae ever? I think I like her better than Nikki. You know, because I can only like one lady singer/rapper at a time apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're music choices are always legit. I was so sad about the last few Kanye albums (Yeezus...ugh...)because I keep hoping he will go back to his "Graduation" and "College Dropout" style but then I found J Cole and it was like manna from hip hop heaven.

    If you haven't checked out Angel Haze, I think you should. Her song "Werkin' Girls" is my new jam...I run faster every time it comes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeezus = can't even listen to it. J.Cole is my ultimate right now;) I am on Angel Haze as we speak... So glad someone else shares in my music love and hatred. Mwah!

      Delete
  5. Right now i am listening to hes a cold hearted snake..... look into his eyezzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Never heard of that song until reading this blog post. Yuck! ...and the video...double yuck! I always love your song selection and seeing what you're jamming to while working out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also listening to "We Can't Stop" and "Hold on we're coming home" on repeat. Awesome jamz :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you ever listen to Girl Talk or Super Mash Bros.? They take all kinds of hip hop & pop songs to mash together. I love pretty much anything from them. I always run faster when they are on my playlist, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was a full on Flo and Pit fan ... until this summer. Now I'm just over them. Bummer. :( Crank up the oldies girl!!!! (I'm talking 60's.) Those will for sure put a smile on your face!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all music, except for super heavy metal. But, I am really loving Country music lately. I have always loved country. I agree that it is leaning towards poppy, but it gets me through a extremely stressful workday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think I need to change from no-reply blogger... Wth, Google? UGH.... I hate change!!!

      Delete
  11. Ok I love that Miley song!! Thanks for some music ideas mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe when you figure out how to put music on your ipod, then you can show me. K? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you know how I feel about the song per IG last night. The worst was listening to the whole thing while running. I'm still on the fence with the Mikey song maybe because I need a faster beat when I workout. I'll give it another try though. Thks for some new tunes to bust a move to

    ReplyDelete