Here we go... Fashion from the girl who believes in blazers, booties, and the color black. If you are not aware, I wear the color black 99% of the time. I find it age appropriate, slimming, and a staple color everyone must have:) I am one of those people who puts on an outfit, looks in the mirror, and thinks "is this appropriate for this 33 year old mama of two"? Now... I will get risky here and there (depending on the occasion), but I try to stick with this mentality "cover the bum, the bbs, and less is more with jewelry".
- I own a TON of blazers/jackets, because I don't like my arms and I just feel that when you cover your arms it gives you a more slender look. Blazers/Jackets and I are friends...
- I love leggings/skinnies. I feel you can dress them up or down. Roll them up to show off some cute booties with a cute long tunic or throw on a white T shirt and some sandals and off you go. Leggings/skinnies rock my world.
- I don't wear necklaces often. Jewelry and I can be tricky. I like earrings and of course bracelets - but necklaces and I - eh... I feel like they look good on other people but on me I look like "No Neck Nelly" when I wear them. In the jewelry dept I go with "less is more". A cute wrist, well dressed lobe, and bared neckline is an A+ in my book. (my book means nothing I tell you;)
|Sorry about the geeky arm pose|
- Scarves - a nice scarf can totally change an outfit for me. So many ways to wear them and you can add pops of color with them, plus I think they are classy. I even would tell you to go for that scarf pin - it might be ole school but ole school is the epitome of classy.
- Shoes - I am extremely picky about shoes. When I shoe shop - plan on spending at least 3-4 hrs until I find the "right" pair. I am going to be honest here - I don't like cheaply made shoes. When I buy a pair of shoes I KEEP that pair for many, many, many years. I wear them OFTEN and want them to keep up the wear and tear. I like classy shoes that can be worn with MANY different outfits. Hence... I own a ton of black and tan shoes:)
- Make-up. Play up the eyes and down the lips BUT... if you have been following me you know I love my red lipstick in the fall/winter so then I will play down the eyes and play UP the lips... It's all about balance - too much makeup turns me off immediately and who want's to do that;) LOL I am also a huge fan of ALL NATURAL..
Alright enough fashion mumble jumble for the day... I am not a fashionista - nor will I ever be - I just enjoy looking classy and FRESH. YES... I finally got to use that word!
In other news... keep this one in the back of your head... I am going camping at the end of August with K9Bish and our kids - just us girls and the good old wilderness AND... you all know how much I love camping. We may may/not get out alive. Troop Beverly Hills RIGHT HERE!!! HA..