Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Go, go, go, go, go, go

"Go Shorty, it's your birthday
We gonna party like it's your birthday
We gonna sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a* it's not your birthday"

Yep... today I am 33. It is settling in that I am not the young buck I used to be - but honestly my 30's have killed it, so no complaint here...

Is my 20 year high school reunion creepin up slowly - AGH!!!!! YES!!!
Is my daughter going into kindergarten - YES.
Am I contemplating botox on my forehead - YES.

BUT... I have learned so much about myself lately... AND... I'm kinda okay with me:)


I have a few goals for the good ole year of 33...
1. Run a Marathon - already on the calendar baby... December 7th St. Jude in Memphis.
2. Start my MBA program and stick with it - orientation was Monday night and I have my first class on August 19th.
3. Learn to say "no" - stop doing EVERYTHING - slow down a bit - give that body/mind a break.
4. Take a pole dancing class or seven - just for fun
5. Work on showing others how much they mean to me
6. Spend an ample amount of time teaching Elle and Wes how wonderful they are just being themselves
7. Continue eliminating negativity from my life - it's not worth it... nor the people that bring it...

Thank you for all the wonderful wishes - you make me feel so loved:)

I heart each and everyone of you!!!

39 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday beautiful Mel! You definitely DON'T need botox you are beautiful just the way you are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday sweet girl! I hope that you have a wonderful day! And I second Marcy, no botox needed. You are gorgeous...and I'm not just saying that bc it's your birthday!!! Hope training is going well, this year is flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!' Those are some great goals! I especially love that u want to learn to dance on a pole. Heard it isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Mel!!! You are beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Mel!

    I love your birthday goals. I'm already working on mine for my birthday next month.... crap I turned 31 next month.

    As for Botox- Go for it. I've been 'toxing since I was 24. You can bounce a quarter off my forehead! I have no shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Pretty Lady!!!! Hope you have a FANTASTIC day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Mel! I hope you have an awesome day!

    -Blog-LESS Denise (dooneyb on IG)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy Birthday! Looks like 33 is going to be a good year for you! And you have to document the pole dancing class. I've wanted to try the Dollhouse downtown, but am petrified! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love making birthday goals...its one of my favorite things to do! Happy Birthday Girl, make it a good one :)

    PS - Pole Classes are SO fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're amazing Mel, seriously... I'm in awe of you, how well you take care of yourself with running, going back to school, etc. I hope you're proud of yourself because I sure am! Happiest of birthdays to you... hope you're spoiled rotten!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, pretty lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!!! Hope the kids and hubs make today amazing for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been a silent reader for a few months now but just learned today that we share a birthday! Happy birthday to you and cheers to another great year ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy happy birthday!!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!!!! Hope it's a GREAT one =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Beautiful Beautiful MEL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy happy birthday! I will be 34 in November, and am also thinking about Botox! Awesome goals- I hope you reach them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday!!! Thirties have proven to be my best years yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday, Mel! I am 35 (36 this year), and I am like a fine wine...just getting better with age! Or so I tell myself! No, really I am; I have pictures to prove it! ;)--Becky

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Happy 33rd! It's the new 21! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! I hit the big 33 on Saturday! Looking forward to a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday girl! I always love to quote that song and wish people a "happy birfday" but I'm pretty sure they think I just don't know how to spell. Your 30's are already killing it but great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pole dancing goal - yes!!

    Happy 33rd!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love you! Happy Birthday Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday, girl! I hear that each decade is better than the last! I also hear that your 20s are typically all about trying to jam more into your life, whereas your 30s are typically all about cutting out the crap. Kind of sounds fabulous to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay! Happy Birthday! Dirty Thirty...Three! You are too cute! Love your goals! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pole dancing?! YES!!!! As if I haven't told you 800 other times today .... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You're just superwoman! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday!!! Pole dancing? Sounds awesome! Hope you had a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've just installed iStripper, and now I can watch the sexiest virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete