Friday, August 23, 2013

The Real 411 on Fall...

It's the end of August and I want fall RIGHT.NOW! Fall is my favorite time of the year... I won't go into all "the leaves are pretty/the air is crisp" mumbo jumbo...

THE DARN TRUTH ABOUT FALL

1. LAYERS & CLOSED TOED SHOES... it's time to STOP looking at people's skin and sick toes. YAY YA!!! If I have to look at another dude's crusty hair toes, I might need to buy another bottle of Tums. If I have to see another bum cheek hanging out of booty shorts on a 30+ year old woman, I might break down and cry.

2. "REAL" GOOD FOOD... Everyone can stop pretending to be all "Oh I gotta eat salad I gotta fit into my bikini". It's time for "hand me the cheese dip and brownies because I have a big a** sweat shirt on". Sianara salad and HELLOOOOOO cheese and REAL butter.

3. BEER... You know the GOOD kinda beer - WHEAT BEER. Put down the dang Bud Select 55 and pick up the heavenly Schlafly Pumpkin Ale... Sweet savory liquid that sticks to the bones:)

4. CONTACT SPORTS... Don't get me wrong, I love me some baseball BUT... bring on the men hitting one another with force. Hockey and Football HUZZAH!!!!

5. DARKNESS... Everyone knows my children are my world but when it gets dark at 5 P.M. that also means they start to fade earlier - which then turns into "Mommy Time"... An extra hour or half an hour to hear silence or NOT watch Disney. WINNING!

6. LESS YARD WORK... Honestly this doesn't directly affect me but INDIRECTLY it does. This means "you know who" can't hide in the yard all weekend "cutting the grass" - FYI... we don't have many leaves... One up for Mel...

7. HALLOWEEN... The ONE time a year I get to celebrate dressing up, looking trashy, painting that make up on, telling ridiculous jokes, and shoving chocolate in my face. It's MY favorite holiday and totally acceptable to be "Crazy Mel".

8. TRYING RECIPES... Everyone and their mother wants to "cook" in the fall - me included - so guess what that means??? more FAT INDUCED goodies get brought into work... Bring me those apple pies, pumpkin breads, cheesy dips, etc... ME HAAANGRY!

9. COFFEE ALL DAY... Yes.. fall and cooler air means I have EVERY excuse to jump out of my skin all day long... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!

10. RED LIPSTICK.. Nuff Said... BAAADOOWW!!!

LMAO
Weekend ON...

What do you like about fall - honestly?

42 comments:

  1. YES!!!! All of this is perfect!! Though it won't starting getting to be "Fall" weather here until mid November, I fully take on all things Fall starting in September!! Love you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't love you so much already, I love you even more now. YES to all of these freaking awesome fall things! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you girl! Bring on the fall and the REAL BEER!!! You crack me up with the "BADOOWW"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is sweatshirts, jeans and sorry Mel, flip flops still for me. It's soccer season. It's campfires, chili and chicken 'n dumplings. And yes, coffee all day long! I like what you said about Halloween - good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your reasons and agree 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. Such a great list! Not sure I could ever pull off red lipstick though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I told you lately that I love you?! You're hysterical and I love fall for all the reasons you mentioned, especially beer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have I told you lately that I love you?! You're hysterical and I love fall for all the reasons you mentioned, especially beer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't have said it any better. Fall is definitely the best! I have started putting out some fall decor...I know it is early, and my husband thinks I am crazy, but I like to make it last as long as possible ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Fall too... It is quite possibly the best time of the year...

      Delete
  10. Ummmmm a girl after my heart! I love fall for the sweatshirts, boots, the list goes on! I hate fall because we have tons of trees and raking sucks but at least I can get in a good arm workout. And Halloween is my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, this post totally has me itching for fall! Not quite ready for summer to end but with fall on the horizon, it makes it all better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am right there with ya! I want beer, chili, football, boots, sweater and my favorite holiday ever....Halloween! Oh and all the lovely things I can make in the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ♥ you. Those are some of my FAV reasons for fall too. I like hot weather but I ADORE fall clothes. I'm not a fan of toes, even my own, and pass the brownies cause mama has got her dress sweater on! YES

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agree! Fall is my favorite, too! #1 My birthday! #2 Soup #3 Hayrack rides, Family Halloween coordinating Costumes...and on and on... --Bec

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, yes and yes!!! I love you. That. Is. All. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so ready for Fall!! Bring on the sweaters and cheese dip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES please! Now if we could only do something about this disgustingly hot weather, I MIGHT be able to run off all that yumminess involved with Fall in the enjoyable weather!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a GREAT list!!! I so looking forward to fall foods and sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AHAHHAHA. I love you. and I miss your face!! Fall is the best season for sure. Bring on the scarves and hoodies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wheat Beer!! YES! and Cheese dip and brownies!? YES! Pumpkin scents in my house- windows open on a sunny fall day- boots and leggings, boots and dresses- HELL just boots in general.
    Fall needs to come on! oh and lets not forget BETTER FREAKING RUNS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to get me to a hockey game. I haven't been to a Blues game in.... I am sad to say this... over 7 years. Bring on Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can not wait for Fall!! Cool air, more clothes, less toes...sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ok Fall is great but that means we are one step closer to winter which I'm not a huge fan of the cold! :/ BUT all of your reasons do get me excited for fall especially the clothing aspect! Leggings and sweaters yayyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fall is my favorite!!! Fall clothes especially!! Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. all things pumpkin and cinnamon!!! I seriously can't wait! Oh and watching my girlies cheering at mighty mite football games. I can not contain my excitement for Sept. 7th and seeing my cute little houn dawg cheerleaders all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy to hear that someone else shares my love of Fall. Bring on the sweats, falling leaves, cold air, football, and well....football.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ahhhh you are my soul sista!! LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Fall!! Fire pits, pumpkin beer, warm fuzzy sweaters with jeans ... aaaahhhhhhh yeah!! I want to kick mother nature in the crotch for the weather we are about to have next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. YESSSS! Agreed with all of these! Especially the food! Love all the pumpkin desserts & coffees that come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Totally agree with all of it!! I can't wait for the apple orchard to open and have apple cider donoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I ADORE the fall as well!!
    And I'm trying to find the perfect Pumpkin beer so thanks for the recommendation!! :)
    And I forgot we are both football Lovahs!!! Can't freaken wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh, you crack me up! Summer is still my favorite holiday, but Fall is probably my second. Amen on the wheat beer and delicious recipes! Now, I just need to get a fire pit and I will be golden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. 100% agree with everything. I love Fall!!! We went to the game yesterday and it was too hot!! Bring on Football, and sweaters please!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOL...this is perfect. Love it, and I completely agree with all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh I love this! It is SO true that the comfier clothes make for eating more food! Good point!

    Ginny
    www.moderncommonplacebook.com

    ReplyDelete