THE DARN TRUTH ABOUT FALL
1. LAYERS & CLOSED TOED SHOES... it's time to STOP looking at people's skin and sick toes. YAY YA!!! If I have to look at another dude's crusty hair toes, I might need to buy another bottle of Tums. If I have to see another bum cheek hanging out of booty shorts on a 30+ year old woman, I might break down and cry.
2. "REAL" GOOD FOOD... Everyone can stop pretending to be all "Oh I gotta eat salad I gotta fit into my bikini". It's time for "hand me the cheese dip and brownies because I have a big a** sweat shirt on". Sianara salad and HELLOOOOOO cheese and REAL butter.
3. BEER... You know the GOOD kinda beer - WHEAT BEER. Put down the dang Bud Select 55 and pick up the heavenly Schlafly Pumpkin Ale... Sweet savory liquid that sticks to the bones:)
4. CONTACT SPORTS... Don't get me wrong, I love me some baseball BUT... bring on the men hitting one another with force. Hockey and Football HUZZAH!!!!
5. DARKNESS... Everyone knows my children are my world but when it gets dark at 5 P.M. that also means they start to fade earlier - which then turns into "Mommy Time"... An extra hour or half an hour to hear silence or NOT watch Disney. WINNING!
6. LESS YARD WORK... Honestly this doesn't directly affect me but INDIRECTLY it does. This means "you know who" can't hide in the yard all weekend "cutting the grass" - FYI... we don't have many leaves... One up for Mel...
7. HALLOWEEN... The ONE time a year I get to celebrate dressing up, looking trashy, painting that make up on, telling ridiculous jokes, and shoving chocolate in my face. It's MY favorite holiday and totally acceptable to be "Crazy Mel".
8. TRYING RECIPES... Everyone and their mother wants to "cook" in the fall - me included - so guess what that means??? more FAT INDUCED goodies get brought into work... Bring me those apple pies, pumpkin breads, cheesy dips, etc... ME HAAANGRY!
9. COFFEE ALL DAY... Yes.. fall and cooler air means I have EVERY excuse to jump out of my skin all day long... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!
10. RED LIPSTICK.. Nuff Said... BAAADOOWW!!!
What do you like about fall - honestly?