Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Game Face...

It's game face time. My 4th (well 3 1/2) half marathon is Saturday and I am running the fort. Fort4Fitness here I come. I have familiarized myself with the course and have been keeping up with my training very well. I am feeling pretty confident. I DO have a goal time in mind but I am not disclosing it - I am just saying I really want to PR and that would mean I need to get under 2:09. So let's just leave it at that.

I have my race day attire picked out and of course I will be doing my nails tonight to prepare for it. I even went and chopped off my hair to see if it makes me run faster?!? HAHAHA. Kidding... well somewhat;)

BEFORE                                                   AFTER
I like blonde all year round:) 
Long story short (yes pun intended - I am cracking myself up today;) I love running. I love blonde hair. I love changes and did I mention, I LOVE RUNNING.

I can't wait to get the race day jitters, to get out there and enjoy the scenery of a new place, to sweat with those who have trained so hard for this, to pound the pavement with my hole shoe, to read all the shirts, to push myself really hard on this one, to hug my friends as they cross the finish line, to eat and celebrate afterwards, and to add another half under my belt! I am READY to get RUNNING BABY!

Don't forget about the Baby Harper fund HERE from yesterday's post. Still praying and sending good thoughts their way.

Wednesday Out 

Changing up your look for fall? Running the Fort this weekend? Strategies you use for race day?

30 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Love the hair! Good luck this weekend! you girls are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new hair. Also would love to know how to style my hair to look like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hair is YOU! LOOOOVE it!!!
    Can't wait to fly (hopefully!) with you this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair girl, but you always look good. Even when you say you're having a bad hair day. One day I'll send you a pic of my lion hair craziness and you can see what real bad hair looks like. I'm so excited for your run this weekend and I know you'll be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so good! Still long, still blonde!! I'm the same way, the blonder the better! Even in winter! I spent 20 years visiting my dad and brother in Southern California, and feel like I belong there!! But, I have very fine, in my opinion raggedy, hair!! So, I'm waiting very impatiently for my extensions I ordered a month ago to get here so I can have long blonde hair for a wedding this weekend!! Anywa, I'm rambling! Good luck on your race gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks so good, I mean really. It looks amazing! And I am not able to put into words just HOW BAD I want to run with you guys this weekend. You girls are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the hair - and the curls look awesome! I know I've already said this but I love it so much I just had to say it again

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the hair!! Hot momma, as usual =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait! The weather is supposed to be a little warm, but not bad. Your new hair is adorable! I wish I could get volume like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hair!!!! And... CANNOT wait to be reunited in TWO days!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl you got that PR in the bag! I am so sad to be missing out on this one, I'll be cheering for ya'll from deep down south ;) Love that hair, you look ultra glam and gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that running hair! Now I need to paint my nails to be ready for game day. See you soooonnnn!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your hair! I added some red and caramel and a dark undertone and absolutely love it! I wish she would have done more red actually! Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MEL!!!! You hair looks sooo HOTTT!!! I love it. I didn't think it was possible for you to have any better hair than you already have! You are gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fabulous! Love the haircut and the blonde. You are beautiful, my friend. I'm very sad that I won't be able to join you in IN this weekend. I have no doubt that you will score that PR, though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am looooving your hair!! Blonde all year long, YES!!! Rock the shit out of this half, you know you got it!! Xoxo Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look beautiful Mel...Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the hair- what do you use to get it to curl like that?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hair looks amazing :) I tried to email my hair lady today to see if she has any cancellations...no such luck - so dont look too close mmmmk? :) Hairbands to the recue!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That hair!!! Gah, still jealous! :)

    Can't wait to hear how you smoked that half and ran it under 2 hrs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE!!! You look beautiful! But let's be honest, you could never look anything but gorgeous! I am with you on blonde year round. I got a few low light last night, but that is about as dark as I will EVER go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your hair! Still longer than mine now lol. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish I loved running and I wish I looked like you! Your hair is gorgeous! Good luck this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the hair!! Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Mel,
    You're hair is gorgeous! You will do awesome at this weekend's race! I love you're encouraging posts! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your hair is gorgeous!
    Found your blog via the blog hop today, hope you come and visit mine, I'm hosting a giveaway...lifeinthelowcountrysc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always, your hair is gorgeous. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete