Friday, September 13, 2013

St. Jude Memphis Marathon

When I signed up for my first marathon, I went in with the intention that I wanted it to be memorable. When I saw that the St. Jude Marathon was in Memphis, TN (only 3 hrs away) it hit me. As a child I remember my mom always having this magnet on our refrigerator for St. Jude Children's Hospital. I never quite understood what it meant or fully grasped how special of a place this truly was, until after I had my own children.

I was blessed with two children who have stayed out of the hospital (minus ear tubes) since they were born. I don't know the feeling these parents go through in dealing with ill children, but I do know that I want to help. Being a mother has been the greatest opportunity of my lifetime and my heart goes out to any family who has to endure something like this. 

Holly, Laura, and I are running 26.2 miles on December 7th for St. Jude's, and as grueling and taxing as this will be on my body, the emotional aspect will be even THAT much more. Holly has signed up as a "Hero" for her marathon and her goal is to raise $2500.00 - she currently sits at $1625.00 and I am hoping she can even exceed that goal. Laura also has signed up as a "Hero" and has raised over $1000.00 from friends and family.



Please take a moment to read Holly's story and help in raising funds for St. Jude Children's Hospital and those children who need our help the most. You can read and/or donate HERE



7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for spreading the word, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, you guys. One of my good childhood friend's five-year-old daughter Morgan died over the summer of brain cancer (her second bout), and St. Jude helped them out so much both times. I donated yesterday, but I'm making another donation as soon as I get paid again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's hit the goal plus some! You ladies are amazing and I'll be cheering for you from Indiana. So proud of all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we went to Memphis for vacation a few summers ago, we stayed like 2 blocks from St. Jude. It was heartbreaking to see all the family members and parents of patients staying at our hotel. I literally felt guilty for having two healthy babies.

    You girls are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete