She thinks I am her "ray of sunshine"... hahaha - no it was called the "Sunshine Award" and since I have some new followers here lately - it's time for a little Q&A...
Questions from Melissa:
1. What is your favorite "skinny" recipe? - honestly, I don't eat skinny. I like real butter and good ole sugar BUT... if I have to choose one it would be Skinny Angel Food Cupcakes with Strawberries - Angel food cake is my "go to skinny" dessert although I usually add a significant amount of butter cream icing. womp.womp.womp
2. What is your favorite exercise? SQUATS or the Superman... BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY
3. Where did you meet your spouse/significant other? College, 1999. CMSU BAY BAY!
4. Do you have pets? If so what kinds? Yes I have a little 7 lb doggie named Asti - she is a morkie (maltese/yorkie mix).
5. What advice would you give to someone running their first half marathon? Follow the training schedule, hydrate mucho, relax, and enjoy the running experience. You can read my tips HERE.
6. Weight lifting or cardio? BOTH, duh!!! Combo of both is what I am screaming.
7. Whats your favorite cardio? RUNNING...
8. Whats your favorite TV show right now? Modern Dads, sports, and the good ole news. If you follow me for sometime now - you know I am not really a TV person.
9. How many times a week do you workout? 4-5 on a good week - if not, then I like to at least get 3 good runs in a week.
10. Do you have cheat meals? If so, whats your favorite? HELLLOOO, your talking to me??? I eat... A LOT... and like it... Some of my favorites are Swedish Fish (of course), pineapple and Canadian bacon pizza, MEAT - good ole bloody red meat, bread - any kind please (mmmm bagels), and waffles/pancakes... baby... WITH syrup... Pass me the fat please;)
My first half marathon this Fall 2013 season is Sunday, and I am "Running for Maggie". Sami from Simply Sami is doing a big give-a-away on her blog to raise money for the Maggie Bertram Foundation for the Fine Arts. If you are interested - please head over to her blog and check out the deets. I will be running with Sami (her first EVER... half marathon on Sunday in Peoria) and I am excited to do so.
Fav cardio? Fav TV show? Racing this weekend?