Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sunshine & Running for Maggie

If you don't know, my girl Melissa from Life As a Folz is a running fan too. I am doing a few September challenges with her - plank errrrday and a cheat day ONCE a week. She asked me a few questions and I wanted to make sure I answered them for her....

She thinks I am her "ray of sunshine"... hahaha - no it was called the "Sunshine Award" and since I have some new followers here lately - it's time for a little Q&A...

Questions from Melissa:
1. What is your favorite "skinny" recipe? - honestly, I don't eat skinny. I like real butter and good ole sugar BUT... if I have to choose one it would be Skinny Angel Food Cupcakes with Strawberries - Angel food cake is my "go to skinny" dessert although I usually add a significant amount of butter cream icing. womp.womp.womp

2. What is your favorite exercise? SQUATS or the Superman... BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY


3. Where did you meet your spouse/significant other? College, 1999. CMSU BAY BAY!


4. Do you have pets? If so what kinds? Yes I have a little 7 lb doggie named Asti - she is a morkie (maltese/yorkie mix). 


5. What advice would you give to someone running their first half marathon? Follow the training schedule, hydrate mucho, relax, and enjoy the running experience. You can read my tips HERE


6. Weight lifting or cardio? BOTH, duh!!! Combo of both is what I am screaming. 


7. Whats your favorite cardio? RUNNING...


8. Whats your favorite TV show right now? Modern Dads, sports, and the good ole news. If you follow me for sometime now - you know I am not really a TV person. 


9. How many times a week do you workout? 4-5 on a good week - if not, then I like to at least get 3 good runs in a week. 


10. Do you have cheat meals? If so, whats your favorite? HELLLOOO, your talking to me??? I eat... A LOT... and like it... Some of my favorites are Swedish Fish (of course), pineapple and Canadian bacon pizza, MEAT - good ole bloody red meat, bread - any kind please (mmmm bagels), and waffles/pancakes... baby... WITH syrup... Pass me the fat please;)


___________________________________________________

My first half marathon this Fall 2013 season is Sunday, and I am "Running for Maggie". Sami from Simply Sami is doing a big give-a-away on her blog to raise money for the Maggie Bertram Foundation for the Fine Arts. If you are interested - please head over to her blog and check out the deets. I will be running with Sami (her first EVER... half marathon on Sunday in Peoria) and I am excited to do so. 


Thursday OUT

Fav cardio? Fav TV show? Racing this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Pineapple and Canadian bacon....YEEES!!! LOVE. IT. I have got to check out Modern Dads! It sounds like my kind of tv! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you own up to loving good food, LOL.

    I nominated you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so much girl! Thank you !!! :) Can't wait for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love canadian bacon and pineapple pizza. When I was in college I was so poor that I could only afford one topping, so I would just stick with pineapple. Best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swedish Fish!! YUM!!! Miss you mucho and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! Did we ever decide on running shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, meat. I have not had a good steak in a while, I need to remedy that. And Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza? Yum! Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at the pizza, that is my ultimate fave. Good luck at your marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to take a class called Cardiolates. You're jumping on a mini trampoline, doing all these crazy moves (some with light weights) for a GOOD 45 minutes, and then about 10 minutes of pilates at the end, on the trampoline. It was so cool and I'd be dripping sweat! I think it was great for me because it wasn't high impact, whereas running is and for my aching back and hip, it's no bueno :(

    I don't watch much TV either but I recently starting watching Breaking Bad (starting from Season 1) and I love Modern Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your love for Swedish Fish always cracks me up! I put a bunch in my family's stockings this year and they all snubbed their noses at them.

    Oh well. More for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything you post! But one subject that I'm curious about is...how do you do it all? Your house always looks spotless, you work out, go to school, work, and have kids!! How do you balance everything?

    ReplyDelete