Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I am linking up today with the beautiful Jenna at Jenna Rae Everyday for Thankful Thursday.

What I am thankful for this week...

~ That September is almost over and I get to engage in a gorge fest of Swedish Fish in about 4 days 23 hrs and 37 minutes... but whose counting right? I have not had ONE piece of Swedish Fish heaven since August and I miss them like crazy BUT... I stuck to my goal (NEVER AGAIN)!


~ Interactive Play... these kids actually sat and played together WITHOUT fighting like cats and dogs. I was pretty impressed and didn't have to put one "on the black carpet" and one in the "time out chair". Score.


~ St. Charles Main Street in the fall. It is my favorite place to lunch, people watch, browse boutiques, and enjoy the beautiful scenery. 


~ That I have finally mastered this braid thing. Elle finally sits there and actually lets me do her hair. We struggled for so long with sitting still, but she has it down pact now;)


~ Friends. All of them. From my IRL friends to those I haven't met, those I am about to meet, those who will be in my future (that are not here yet), and those that came and went. Each person has taught me a little something about myself and or will teach me, for that I am thankful... Here are just a few friends below...






What Are You Thankful For?

17 comments:

  1. Ya know....I don't know that I've ever had a swedish fish. Maybe I should see what the fuss is about......or maybe I should just remain in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up!! Um, that patio makes me want to go and sit and chat and drink coffee! Is it cold there? Can I please wear a scarf? Hahahaha - Crystal Michelle - CrystalMichellesMess.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend once who asked "Are they really fish from Sweden?'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed this reminder today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My life would be meaningless without my friends.

    Annnnnd now I want svedish fish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love Main Street in the fall! It's so beautiful and so fun to walk around and (hopefully) discover some fun treasures too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. St. Charles does have a really great downtown area, so fun! And yay for the kiddos playing together without squabbling, it is so great when they do that. You are such a sweetheart and I am proud to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had almost an identical "I'm thankful for ALL friends" chat this morning on my run...too often we forget that there is always a lesson to be learned! Happy Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids are in a "fighting" phase and I am about to pull my hair out! It doesn't help that they are on their 3-week fall break, from school. I need wine drip in my arm, to survive this! I MUST check out St. Charles Main Street! We will be in STL in 2 weeks, so I will add this to the list! Have a safe trip to Indy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sad I won't get to meet ya'll this weekend :( I'm sure ya'll will have a fab time! Have you purchased your October 1st Swedish fish yet???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok don't laugh...I've NEVER had swedish fish. Like Ever....forgive me :) AND....we need to remedy this pic sitch... We need to meet up! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you so!

    I want swedish fish

    I wish I was coming this weekend

    and someone needs to be put in the chair MOOOOMMMM LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, YAY!!! I'm so glad you linked up lady!! Thank you so much :)

    Also, I must say, I am BEYOND impressed that you haven't had a single fish in a month! I have at least 10 a day...they are like crack to me and I don't think that I could ever give them up! So MAJOR props goes out to you for your determination!

    Good luck this weekend my dear!! I know that you are totally going to kick some major butt...can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your new look- both hair and blog :) nd I love your attitude of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getting siblings to play together NICELY is freaking hard. I was a nanny this summer to 4 children; 1 1/2, 4, 6, and 8. The oldest three were girls... oy vey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The picture of St. Charles St? Is that (I can't remember the name) a winery? If it is the one I am thinking of I love their food. We normally go for the festival of the little hills, I was super bummed when I didn't make it this year. Now I need some Swedish Fish.

    ReplyDelete