Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday Randomness

I haven't done a "random" post lately - so I think it's about high time...

I got an A on my test on Monday - oh wait... I told you that a gazillion times. HAHAHA. I was a nervous wreck before hand and I don't get nervous - eva! I hadn't taken a test in 10 years. I had my trusty pencil and got down to business - now that is under my belt - I feel like a TRUE college girl.

Wednesday nights are dance nights and it is going great. Laura and I RUN... we have been skipping Margarita's and running instead. We ARE training for a marathon so that helps make the decision quite easy. Last night we did 5 miles and it felt great. We ran, sucked in the humidity, talked, smelt the fumes of the cars, and laughed at people's craziness. Tonight I have a 6 miler in the air conditioned heaven of my lovely basement;) The girls are also LOVING dance. Elle has a long night, 6-8 PM (3 classes) and she comes out so excited. I love she loves to dance...

This weekend is packed with stuff to do. Tomorrow night the kids are going to "Parents Night Out" at Goddard - for 30 smackaroo's they get to eat pizza, run around like banches, and stay up late. It is from 6-10 PM - USUALLY they end up with some sickness the week after, but hey... whatever! LOL... We are heading out to eat to actually TASTE the food, without inhaling it because Wes wants to run around and see what everyone in the restaurant is eating. Saturday - getting up early and running a 12 miler with Laura then the day is spent doing WHATEVER my babies want - it's a mommy/kids day. Sunday an early 6 miler and then we are headed to take the kiddos to Eckert's for apple/pumpkin picking and all the farm yard fun one can handle (insert finger down my throat). That big bag of Kettle Corn and I will be going to town that day!

Eckert's when Elle was 3...
I miss drinking... With all this training I have really cut out my booze and I miss it. I miss my few Corona's - my grape vodka and club soda - my Margarita's - my Pinot Noir...

Mmmmm Tequila... 
Bumpin some of this lately...



Looking forward to the Fort4Fitness half marathon next weekend in Ft. Wayne. I am so excited for this race - I am really hoping to PR this one. Fingers crossed...

Happy Thursday

New songs for me? Eckert's? Tequila freak?

14 comments:

  1. I love love love Eckert's! We have a blast when we go every year. This year we are doing a big event with our CrossFit, renting a bonfire and everything. Paaaarty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might as well pack a lawn chair because after you PR this race you'll be waiting a while for me to cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eckert's... something else I must travel up to the Lou to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will rock it! Seriously a badass runner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two hours of dance? That is awesome! I am finding that I am so not the soccer mom/dance mom type. I am the worst at making small talk with other moms. Let's see... What do we have in common? We have kids the same age and we live in the same zip code. Other than that... Probably not much.

    We are going to Eckert's this weekend too! I think we might be going on Saturday. If you are going to the one in Millstadt, check out groupon, because they had a groupon for $20 for 4 admissions earlier in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a 12 mile run on deck for this weekend too, whoop! And I have been doing SO good cutting back on the drinking, buuuuut its margarita Thursday and I'm not sure I can resist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that pic. We MUST go back to Rosie's when you skinny bishes (autocorrect changed that to bushes, ha!) get back from Fort Wayne. I will go stage 4 clinger on your asses if I don't see you in October. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm...grape vodka, LOVE IT! It is officially red wine season for me. Yes, I put my addiction to wine, in season form. :)
    Girlie, you are going to ROCK Ft. Wayne! NO. DOUBT. ABOUT. IT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally picture Wes running around a restaurant...every mama knows this plight! Do you think if I start listening to rap during my runs I'll get as speedy as you? ;-) Reading your training recaps is going to make me wanna run another marathon I bet! Darn you & your love for running!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, cant wait to meet you when we go to Fort Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I wish I had a little girl to put in dance so I could re-live my dance years. Dance is SO much fun!! LOVE the apple/pumpkin picking time of year! Sounds like you have an awesome weekend planned...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have a busy weekend. We live not to far from the Millstadt Eckerts. Have fun apple picking and farming it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you are running enough this weekend for the both of us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep running girl! I am so excited to meet you in Ft. Wayne and glad Holly has a place reserved for us. Confession, I already checked out the menu to get excited for my post run selection even though I'm running the 10K I'm gonna carb load like it's the half marathon. See you in a week!!!

    ReplyDelete