Friday, October 18, 2013

A little Friday Personal History... and Advocare Update

Well I love a good question and answer session... So here goes... I took this off the web somewhere.

What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
My girlfriends and I threw some epic parties in the Burg in college. I would imagine the one where the basement rail came off, the tub was broken, it was packed inside and out, the cops came, and the bathroom housed more people than we could imagine;)

What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
I don't cry, often,  BUT... Rudy gets me every time. 

What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Good question. I have a hard time letting go ~ so without going into much detail - letting go of someone(things). When you know you have to, but you don't want to. 

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
I dealt with some family things a few years ago that helped me to dig deep down and figure a few things out about who I was. I believe it made it me stronger

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
Ummmmm... A lot... I am not going into details - BUT... I was always home on time - or around home;)

When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
I am on the cleanse Day 4 and this question just makes me mad.. but everything does right now. I would say a week or so ago I made this to.die.for pasta dish. It was delish.

What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
Best Gift... my children of course and/or my vacuum;) Worst gift - roses NOT in a box. Oh Beth, Bridget, Sarah - remember this one. I was high maintenance even back then. 

What do you miss most about being a kid?
Never worrying about anything except who I was going to hang out with next and/or living near the ocean.

What is your first memory of being really excited?
I was young, say 3 or 4 and we lived in St. Augustine, FL and our backyard was the beach. I remember getting so excited every morning knowing I was going to play in the sand all day. I miss the salt life - bad.

What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
I am sure something awesome like a B.U.M. sweatshirt that would go down in history as I sang and danced to "The LoCo Motion" on the big screen at Six Flags. Girls you were right there with me - drummer Bridget;)

When was the last time you were nervous?
Monday afternoon knowing my final exam was Monday night. I don't get nervous too easily. 

What is something you learned in the last week?
I'm on the cleanse so this week everything is invalid. My mind is not right... I learned I am not as "cool and collective" as I tend to think I am. I think too much, sometimes get hurt too easily, and need to get my head out of my as*. 

What story does your family always tell about you?
Well, Well, Well... the infamous one they love to tell is when I went up and took a chunk out of my mom's tush when I was a wee babe. 

At what age did you become an adult?
Honestly I still don't feel like one - but I can say - maybe? 31

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
Yes, most definitely. At the time it always seems like the end of the world - but in the long run we always learn something. This kinda happens all to often in my life. 
___________________________________________________________
Advocare Update
I am officially on Day 4. I had the 3 day headaches, the cravings, the crabbiness but... I think that is all subsiding. I feel like when you are on this cleanse you are not just cleansing "you know what" you are also mentally cleansing. You get angry, sad, frustrated and start to re-evaluate not only your eating habits but life in general, or at least this happens to me. I feel like day 4 you start to think "straight" again and maybe in a different way than you did before the cleanse. 

I am eating the same things - eggs, veggies, fruits, chicken, etc... I have had creamer in my coffee every day but only one cup and I don't care - I HAVE TO. My skin is starting to look great - it always glows on this cleanse and yet I haven't stepped on the scale - my jeans (yes I am wearing jeans - gasp...) are looser today.

Weekends are hard - so I have Day 5 and 6 to make through. I know I can get through them and you all can too. Mind over Matter baby... and here is to being enlightened - Cleanse Day 4 "got my mind right" again.


BOOM

Tell me your cleansing update? What age do you feel you became an adult? I miss you all on IG and twitter - waaaah...

9 comments:

  1. What a fun little question and answer sesh. I do remember those B.U.M sweatshirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with my adult self! Part of me wants to grow up and part of me just wants to PARTY!!! :) I miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm never. I'm in wonderland baby I don't want to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, Mel and you!! I love how real you are and honest...true beauty inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl..I wear jeans. Every.day. BAM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youve got this :) After reading you and holly's post, maybe I should never do this cleanse :) Good luck this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl... I can't let go of people either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is crazy town in my world because of this cleanse. I got an email at work yesterday that made me want to flip the eff out! And, the email was not mean or insulting or anything like that. I am definitely to be "thinking straight" again. And, while I have adult-like things to take care of, I don't really feel like one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously don't have the will power for that cleanse. I would be eating candy corn by hour three!

    Game 6 tonight! Who's ready?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete