Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Advocare Day 1, Rewards, & Ramblings...

Tuesday (worst of the day week) is here. I am up to drink my Fiber drink, take my loves to school, and then I am headed back under my covers. I am spent, exhausted, and my mind is not thinking right. I NEED REST. Physically and Mentally I am calling myself O.U.T. - so I am taking a day and catching up on things AKA sleep. Racing every weekend, 3 papers due last Monday, and my final last night PLUS all the other activities on the weekend - yeah... I know #worldstiniestviolin

Plans for today are to rest in the AM, get my bum to the grocery store and stock up on my greens/fruits and proteins, run 3 miles, and pick my babes up from school.

I decided to throw in a reward for myself if I complete the 10 Day cleanse without any cheating. I do better knowing there is something good waiting on the horizon. If I make it to the 20th (registration deadline) cheatless (yes I made that word up) then I am rewarding myself with another half... the St. Louis Rock N Roll on Sunday, October 27th. I have always wanted to run this race with all the cool bands, spectators, and different course through downtown St. Louis. If I did good up until then - then SIGN ME UP! Don't worry Holly and Laura I will run this one solo;) I will pull a "show up, shut up, and run" kinda morning.



Oh... and a second reward - if I get to run the RnR half and I PR... then that reward will be a few new outfits for my trip back to San Diego in November. Cali I miss you terribly and can't wait to relish in your salty air soon.

I hope everyone is enjoying those fabulous Fiber Drinks this morning - I know I sure did;) Miss you all since I am sans phone... and I hope to be back up in business soon.

Since I am working on my computer I was going through some old pics... Look at my babies in 2010 - sweetness... I love my babies and think the next time we do pics we might do Christmas one's again. Interested in a good photographer check out Kelly Reinholz Photography. I have been using her since my kids were tiny. We are skipping pics this year and will be doing them again next year. I am kind of sad we won't have them this year, but that gives me a year to be in svelte shape - LOL:)






Oh Happy Day...

How is the cleanse going today? Plans for the week? Racing this weekend (I am secretly kind of missing it already)?

16 comments:

  1. The Rock N Roll series is phenomenal you will LOVE this race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are adorable! Enjoy your your rest day girl, God knows you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to do a Rock n Roll run! Maybe for marathon #2? (If I live through the first one?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you forget the hellacious hills so quickly? You're a beast. Enjoy this rest day, Blondie. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little man was sooo stinkin' cute as well as your baby girl! Have a good "I don't give a shit" day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to do a Rock 'n' Roll half so bad! I'm headed to Eugene this weekend to watch my Ducks play, so I am going to start the cleanse Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I <3 you - youre reward is another race, can we say crazy sauce? :) When (NOT IF) I run my half, I want it to be a part of the RnR series, I have heard they are the best, while pricy, but the most organized and fun :) Now, I just need to see where we are living next spring...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waaaaahhhhh! I was supposed to do the RnR half :( I'd kill to do it with you!! And what kind of sick are you?! Your REWARD is a RUN?! I need whatever's in your water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your self on your day off! you deserve it! Girl, are you crazy running another half?!?! you are seriously a beast!

    And could the babies be any cuter?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word. These pictures. Ugh. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you taking a mental (and physical) health day!!!

    Do you read Macke Monologues?? Des is a fellow Iowan who lives in CA. She just finished up another half out there and mentioned on her blog today that she'd love a friend to run it w/ her next year. I thought "who else but Mel??" So, if you don't follow her a.) you should and b.) check out her blog and tell her you'll go out there next October to run w/ her! :) You two will hit it off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to need you to get that phone fixed ASAP!! I miss our daily chats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erin from Homemade Happenings sent me your way (LOVE her)! After she mentioned you're a fellow sole sister and had a love for SoCal it was obvious I needed to stop by and say "hi!"
    I just ran the Long Beach International (1/2, not full) this past weekend and it was fan-freaking-tastic!
    If you're in the LA area it'd love to connect and maybe run a mile, or two, or 13.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a nice day relaxing in bed! What information can you give about using Advocare products while breastfeeding? I have heard it is not good to do the cleanse while breastfeeding...what about Spark? I have found myself relying too much on coffee and Diet Coke in the past month since my daughter has been born. I was wondering about Spark as an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like wonderful rewards for a cheatless 10 days. The pictures are adorable.

    ReplyDelete